Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/15/18: Not receiving Message+ notifications after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/15/18: This issue has been resolved with the release of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.73. If you're still experiencing issues receiving notifications from the Message+ app, I recommend confirming that you're updated to the latest app release and following our notifications troubleshooting tips provided in this help article.

I am closing this thread as the issue has been resolved. If you begin to experience this issue again at a later time, please create another post in the Android Community Forum and reference this thread. Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved.

Fitbit Update: 6/13/2018

New version 2.73 has been fully released to all our Android users and you should be able to update your Fitbit app. We have released a fix for Message+ and Signal App notifications.

Hi, everyone!

I noticed many of you reporting that you no longer receive your Message+ notifications to your Versa/Ionic after the Fitbit OS 2.1 update. 

We've escalated this issue to our team for investigation. For the meantime, I recommend using the default texting app on your Android device or any other messaging apps. 

When I have more information, I'll provide that here. Thank you!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
367 REPLIES 367

@cfcoker wrote:

Sounds exactly like the problem i'm having. I just spent 45 minuted chatting w/ tech support and they said it must be because my phone (Moto z force) isn't on the supported devices list. But my messages from the message+ app are the only feature not working. Is there a way we can bring this to their attention as a priority? Text notifications are a huge feature to most people!

I have the same phone and am getting text messages now.  However, I was not getting text message notifications on my Versa previously when I was using Message+ as my texting app.  Once I switched from message+ to the stock android message app, message, and I changed my text notifications in my fitbit app to message as well, I started to get the text notifications on my Versa.  Seems to be an issue with the Message+ app and Versa.

Best Answer

Ugh, i hate to switch apps... I'm a creature of habit, but I'll probably give that a shot. At least until they fix this bug. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine started working when I switched to the dull and boring regular
Message, instead of Messenger+. Sad, I prefer Messenger+. Hope they come
out with a fix ASAP.
And them saying it's not supported is ridiculous. Everything worked great
till the update they pushed out last night.
Fix this Fitbit! Please.
Best Answer

I went ahead and changed to Messages too. You know, maybe it's Verizon. Does anyone in this thread have another carrier? I hope one or the other, or both of them if they work together, can find a solution  

Best Answer
0 Votes

nope - it's not the carrier, some apps aren't supported. even if the dumb notification from previous ionic/versa firmware worked.

another example is "Signal". MattFitbit is informed and told me that the issue is forwarded to the developers.

Best Answer

I just unpaired my Ionic and reinstalled it. Now all notifications are working. I get emails, text phone calls and able to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've tried that several times. Works with every messaging app except
message plus... So disappointing!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh.. not familiar with message plus. Hope you get it working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reluctantly seizureso

Best Answer
0 Votes

No idea how to delete that last post...

I reluctantly switched to the message app from message+ and I now get notifications. I hate it but at least it's working now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my texting app and still not getting my texts..

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to change the app choice in settings for your Versa under notifications, too, in order to receive messages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that as well I changed it everywhere and restarted both phone and watch...i unpaired and repaired....nothing is working.

Best Answer

Hi @Tinaspoots

which android version is running on your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure how to check what version

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is version 7.0

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is running 7.0. Stopped receiving texts with regular Messenger as
well.
To check what Version go to settings and about phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what's version I am running.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue. I have tried everything they suggested from deleting the app and deleting Versa from the app..restarting my phone, restarting my fitbit, and everything else. I don't want to switch to Messages it is a horrible app. They need to provide a solution to this. Messages+ has worked with my other Fitbit and this is ridiculous.

Best Answer
Same... changing three app didn't work for me either
Best Answer
0 Votes