Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/20/17: Weekly sleep average incorrect in 2.49

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/20/2017: Hey everyone -- As this has been reported as resolved with the Fitbit app update, version 2.51 I am closing this thread.

If you come across any other instances of this in the future, please create a new thread and use this one as a reference. Thanks to everyone who reported this! 

Fitbit Update 06/14/2017: The new Android app release 2.51 fixed this issue with the weekly sleep averages not adding up correctly. Please update to the latest version and check out this post here for more information about the changes in this release. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Some users have reported that their weekly sleep average is incorrectly calculated since the update to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.49.

Our Android team is aware of this issue and working to get this resolved ASAP. As soon as I hear of an update for this I will make sure to update everyone in this thread. Thanks for taking the time to report the issue and share your screenshots. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

@ErickFitbit after 2.50 android app update problem is still remains

Screenshot_20170604-080803.jpg

Screenshot_20170604-080814.jpg

im downgrading android app to 2.48 i want to see if it solves the problem..

Best Answer

Screenshot_20170604-100345.jpg

Screenshot_20170604-101130.jpg

@ErickFitbit These are screenshots of 2.48 android app as i have downgraded it compare the highlighted section of both screenshot (2.48 vs 2.50) it is going to give me star in sleep tracking (2.48) as it has already calculated it in 2.50 so downgrading won't change that.   

Best Answer

I was really disappointed to see that the latest update to the Fitbit Android app did not fix this sleep average miscalculation. This is such a simple fix! The web app correctly divides the total time slept by the number of days in the time span, but the Android app divides by the number of sleep entries - not the number of days. Today, for example, I slept over 7 hours last night plus a 1-hour nap in the afternoon, and it tell me I've averaged 4 hours per day this week even though there has only been 1 day in the week. Is posting to this community actually resulting in getting bug info to developers, or are users just complaining to one another here with no hope of Fitbit actually solving the problem? It's one calculation to change. Make it match the website's calculation and you'll be done. This is highly frustrating.

Best Answer

My Android has been doing the same. Very frustrating they can't provide a quick fix to this issue!

Best Answer

My sleep is being recorded correctly but the graph is way off.

Screenshot_2017-06-07-08-40-10.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 06/14/2017: The new Android app release 2.51 fixed this issue with the weekly sleep averages not adding up correctly. Please update to the latest version and check out this post here for more information about the changes in this release. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks!!

Best Answer

Hey everyone -- As this has been reported as resolved with the Fitbit app update, version 2.51 I am closing this thread.

If you come across any other instances of this in the future, please create a new thread and use this one as a reference. Thanks to everyone who reported this! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer