Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Lost steps when syncing multiple trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

6/14 Update: This issue should now be resolved. If you previously unpaired a secondary tracker, we encourage you to pair it back to your account and resume using multiple devices.

Thanks everyone for your assistance with investigation, as well as your patience while we worked to get this corrected.

We are aware that some customers are seeing a decrease in steps when syncing with multiple trackers. Our team is investigating this situation, and working to ensure that multiple trackers on a single account are able to sync without issue.

If this has affected you, we recommend having only a single tracker paired to your account until it is resolved. We will update this thread when we have an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

Go to your exercise icon and press the stop watch in the top right hand corner.

Enter the exercise (I selected walk), make sure you select the correct date and then the duration and distance is really a guess. But this will calculate steps as you can't manually input these (pain in the arse!).

If I enter approx 4.5hrs and 8k distance it roughly works out to be 11.5k in steps and 491 in calories. Remember it can always be deleted if incorrect (there's no editing function) and you can input again.

Hope that makes sense!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had removed the Charge 2 from my account and been only using the Alta HR. I thought I'd tried a different way of working around the issue since I really like using the Charge 2 for my workouts, but it was not successful. I thought if I synced the Alta HR and removed it from my account, then added the Charge 2 back to my account that the steps from the Alta already synced to the app would sync to the Charge 2. But instead it just went back to "0" in the app and the Charge 2 was starting fresh with steps. I guess until the issue is fixed I have to pick one tracker to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has definitely been a great source of frustration for me.  To watch my steps go from 12k down to 300 in the blink of an eye almost made me rage flush both my devices down the toilet.  I've since been talked off the ledge, and just this morning after discovering this thread, un-paired my Charge HR so that hopefully my Flex will sync properly.  But seriuosly, Fitbit, get it together.  There's no good reason for the regressing.....

Best Answer

It's a pain in the butt to pair/unpair twice a day. Ugh

P.S. I used to a Fitbit One - flushed one accidentally, LOL 

Best Answer
Great! Thanks so much for the info !
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell me how exactly you go through the process of pairing/unpairing the 2 devices so that steps from each/both will count?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The steps are still inside the app... see picture below for details... Screenshot_20170609-081600.png

You can see the steps are still there someplace...its clear I have more than 156 steps this day...

Best Answer

@iamstacyg wrote:

The steps are still inside the app... see picture below for details... Screenshot_20170609-081600.png

You can see the steps are still there someplace...its clear I have more than 156 steps this day...

I know!!!  So frustrating!

Best Answer
No. I just deleted , unpaired, my Alta and have been using only the Charge
2 for now. Its the only thing I could figure out. Anybody else?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ckaren426 wrote:

It's a pain in the butt to pair/unpair twice a day. Ugh

P.S. I used to a Fitbit One - flushed one accidentally, LOL 

Karen,

Are you still using both devices, but pairing/unpairing them separately?  If yes, how are you managing to do it to save data from both?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unpairing one and repairing the other did not work. I still lost steps. So I have to choose one and stick with it until the issue is resolved. I guess you could change it first thing in the morning before you have taken many steps for the day, but then you are stuck with that tracker for the day. You would sync the current one, then choose it from account & devices and touch the trash can at the top right corner. After it is removed, then add the Fitbit you want to use for the day.

Best Answer

Happwnedto me today, too. Over 10K steps using my Flex 2 at the water oark ('cause it's the only one that's waterproof...why??). Got home and app picked up my Charge HR and it went back to the 1283 steps I had when I took it off to put the Flex on. Won't even pick up the prior Flex steps when I unpaired the HR. Syncing with MyfitnessPal to stay on track for diet is now totally messed up. P.s.....I hate the new dashboard! Would like option to go back to the old one!!

Best Answer
Same here. Loved the old dashboard. New App is horrible.
Best Answer

Glad I saw this, I have been having this issue with my Alta and Flex 2. Whenever I am near both devices it syncs to whatever the Alta shows even if I haven't  worn it for 2 days. It has become more and more frustrating seeing thousands of steps reset to less than 100 over and over. I know the steps are there as all activity is show on the chart for total steps and it is all added accurately. It seems to be an issue with this information being transferred to the dashboard correctly. Hope this is resolved soon...I am getting tired of losing challenges to my daughter because of this, lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems to be a problem with the update why on earth don't they roll back to the previous version that worked I'd rather have an accurate step count than be able to share my food stats.

The new fitter me has just bought a flex 2 and a swimming costume....

If at the end of the day the data is deleted it's annoying and I'm wondering why I bothered buying fitbit.

Best Answer

This morning I decided to switch back to using the Alta HR, so I synced the Charge 2 and then removed it from my account. I then added the Alta HR and was surprised that the app and Alta HR showed the same steps and data that was there after I synced the Charge 2. So perhaps the Charge 2 has the issue since when I reversed the switch (changed from Alta HR to Charge 2), I did lose steps and data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also have an Alta and a Charge2. At first I thought it was always
syncing to the Alta steps, but it also happened the other way.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with calories burned. Calories burned when wearing Charge HR are lost at the end of the day. Only ones with Charge 2 are kept, even if I was not wearing it at all the whole weekend

Please rollback the software.

Recommendation to unpair one device is ridiculous. I wouldn't have bought the Charge 2 so soon after Charge HR if I could not use both.

Best Answer
Agreed! Because Fitbit cannot manage to make a waterproof Charge HR
(although some after-market company has figured out how to waterproof
them?!!??), I bought a Flex2 for swimming and other water activities where
I can't wear Charge HR with the assurance I could sync both. Not a happy
camper and would ditch Fitbit entirely right now if I didn't already have 2
trackers. Might anyway if this doesn't get fixed soon!!!
Best Answer

I switch between an Alta and a Charge HR and am losing the steps taken while wearing the Alta. The app seems to "default" to the Charge HR when syncing and all steps taken while wearing the Alta are lost 😣 Sure hope this is resolved soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes