Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Lost steps when syncing multiple trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

6/14 Update: This issue should now be resolved. If you previously unpaired a secondary tracker, we encourage you to pair it back to your account and resume using multiple devices.

Thanks everyone for your assistance with investigation, as well as your patience while we worked to get this corrected.

We are aware that some customers are seeing a decrease in steps when syncing with multiple trackers. Our team is investigating this situation, and working to ensure that multiple trackers on a single account are able to sync without issue.

If this has affected you, we recommend having only a single tracker paired to your account until it is resolved. We will update this thread when we have an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

I have been experiencing the same issues having both the Charge HR and the Flex 2 on two different occasions; however, calorie count and active minutes were not impacted.  This issue needs to be addressed quickly.

Best Answer

I did the same thing. Prefer to wear Alta at work and Charge 2 when working out.  When I repaired my Charge 2 it showed the correct steps for a bit and then next thing I knew they were gone 😣

Best Answer

I've noticed a decrease in steps on the dashboard on several dates.  However, if I click on the steps icon on the Dashboard, select a date where I now a decrease occurred, and then click on the Bar Chart to display the Color Bar Chart, the step count total and bar chart segment count information is correct on that page.  The information appears to have been retained by the software, but somewhere along the way the data is being distorted when transferred to the Dashboard.  Frustrating, but would appear to be a rather simple fix for a smart software engineer to correct.

Best Answer
0 Votes

O yes today I went from 13k to 1 k yesterday it did it early on I thought I had around 3 k ish almost 4 and then bam all the sudden I had 1 k again at first I thought maby I'm nuts my imagination  but today seriously confirm it 

@Laura10 wrote:

The Android app recently updated, and I noticed this morning that the multi-tracker option is not working. At one point my Alta HR showed around 8.0K steps, and then after being upstairs near my Charge 2, it went back to 3.5K. I assume that the latest app update did something to effect how the data syncs from different trackers. Anyone else having issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sure does I switch from 3 trackers I only use 1 at work afraid of damages  I work n an auto parts warehouse  my Alta but I have surge and blaze that my hubby got me for valentine's day  it seems that after blaze. Syncs then Alta that's when the steps dissappear 

@Mcp101775 wrote:

I use the charge for my workouts and everyday use because it tracks heart rate & stairs. I like how it shows peak, cardio & fat burn min. However, I switch to the Flex 2 for swimming and pool workouts. This is frustrating to be told only use one. (Charge cant be used while swimming & Flex 2 doesnt do heart rate). Please tell me this will be fixed SOON. Plus it messes up challenges.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I found this too. Is there an update

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm hoping for an update soon too, the current situation stinks

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Yes. I found this too. Is there an update

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good question. How can we get a status update from FitBit?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I asked yesterday and they were still working on this as a priority.

He was going to ask the Moderators to update their threads today, just to check in and let everyone know that the issue is being dealt with.

Hopefully we’ll all hear something soon.

Many thanks

Nikki

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikki Goddard

Project Manager

😧 0116 234 7138

M:

E: Nikki.Goddard@cpidisplay.com

[cid:imageef4af2.JPG@a493fffd.44a5e697]

Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this?

http://www.cpidisplay.com/disclaimer.html
Best Answer
0 Votes

I received an update yesterday so let's see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes
To repair the issue?
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is making me crazy.  I water jog and climb stairs  so have charge and just bought flex 2 Sunday to pick up water jogging.  Lost lots of steps. I'm a Weight loss surgery guy.  Was 467 now 165.  Exercise is my life.  Love it. 

Best Answer

Congratulations on your achievement! I'm struggling with 11 pounds - nowhere near as impressive.  Let's hope Fitbit gets this snafu fixed -and soon !

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. My Charge 2 always takes precedence over the Flex 2, basically rendering the Flex 2 useless because any steps, exercise, or swimming tracked on the Flex 2 disappears once the Charge 2 syncs. This is a relatively new issue.

My other issue was that the Flex 2 would buzz indicating that my step goal had been reached by then when I synced it, it would say I was a couple hundred short of 10,000 steps. But the new sync issue is worse!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! My dashboard says 11 steps but with 10 hours of 250 steps highlighted. My whole thing is screwy! Lost 20000 steps today

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues here. Lost 20000 steps today and says 11 steps yesterday when I was over 15000

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sameeeeee. So annoying. Plus I was in a challenge and now I lost all my steps and it changed count on both trackers. Ugh 

Best Answer

I feel your pain. Lost 40000 steps over the space of days. And in challenges too. Does my head in. Hope it is sorted soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me several times now. I have an HR and Fitbit 2 tracker which I switch out when one is charging. I haven't had this problem until the past week when it has happened three times that the sync took the lower steps of the two devices.

When is this getting fixed. I'm working hard to stay active and motivated and now my trackers are working against me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just had the most inane and condescending response from customer service when I inquired as to what they were doing about this and when we could expect a resolution. Guy basically told me that my both of my trackers weren't syncing because I only had one connected (had unpaired one at Matthew's advice). Then gave me directions on how to pair the Flex 2. Totally ignored my question and was basically useless. Apparently being clueless is a requirement to work for Fitbit customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes