Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Sleep tile on dashboard showing 0 mins awake

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/10

Hey, everyone! 

Thanks for confirming that this bug has been fixed and you're no longer seeing "0" minutes for your awake time on the sleep tile. There were some improvements that were made that in the process also fixed this bug. 

Since we've confirmed the issue has been resolved since 8/31, I'm now going to close this thread. If you encounter any new issues with sleep logs, please start a new discussion. 

Fitbit Update: 7/31

Hi, everybody!

I wanted to check in with you all that had previously reported this bug with the sleep tile. There were some recent improvements made, and I was wondering if you were all still experiencing this with the sleep tile. To sum up the issue, the sleep time in the dashboard was reflecting "0 mins awake" and would later refresh and change it to another number. Basically, the sleep tile was showing a different number from the actual sleep log. 

If anyone could please let me know if they are still experiencing this, it would be super helpful! 

Fitbit Update: 7/24

Hi, Android users!

Many of you are reporting since the last Fitbit for Android app release, version 2.74.2 that your sleep tile is reflecting "0 min awake" on the dashboard after syncing your watch/tracker. After it refreshes or your tracker syncs again, you will see the actual time you were awake for. In the sleep details, your sleep reflects correctly, it is only the sleep tile on the dashboard that is showing discrepancies for the sleep log. 

We have reported this issue to our team for investigation. When I hear of any new information, this thread will be updated. Thanks for all your help and cooperation! 

androidsleeptile.jpeg

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94

@LanuzaFitbit looks like there are about 3 threads going on this now. 

Problem continues for me today. 

Sony Experia M4 aqua.

Android 5

Using the latest fitbit app update.

So it's not just new phones that are affected by this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, my phone is a Samsung galaxy S6 The Android version is 7.0 and the Fitbit app is 2.74.2. The problem started a couple of weeks ago but I'm not exactly sure. Usually the dashboard displays a correct summary of sleep time and awake time when it first displays then it seems to refresh itself after a few seconds and sets the awake time to zero and includes it in the sleep time. If you drill down into another screen and then return to the dashboard, it briefly displays the correct values again before once again rolling the awake time into the sleep total.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, and yes the problem persists.Screenshot_20180720-175959.png

This is the associated sleep graph for the same day.

Occasionally the sleep tile seems to refresh and display the correct summary information, but almost immediately reverts to showing the incorrect values. 

Best Answer

Hi @LanuzaFitbit

• I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A
  •  App version 2.7.4.2
  • Dashboard's Sleep Tile continues to fluctuate between: "time in bed" with 0 minutes awake; and the correct Asleep/Awake times. It happens consistently, everyday, and began with the install of the most recent app update.

Neither logging out of/relogging into app, restarting my device, nor restarting my Alta HR tracker has resolved this.

Much thanks for your help. 

Best Answer

Phone: Galaxy J3 Luna Pro

App: Latest version on Google Play

Occurring: About a week

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Same problem, except I noticed as well that the sleep stage breakdown percentage area in the details can also be blank sometimes, and then going in and out of the details might show the bars. DontD know if the two are correlated ... No bars in detals means no substraction from total time?

Android v6

Motorola Droid turbo

Latest app

Chuck

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here, sony xperia Z1 compact, Android 5. started a couple weeks back. usually the sleep tile shows zero waking minutes, if i click on it, it corrects itself for a short while, then goes back to 0 waking minutes. the sleep stages page and the sleep graph look normal. very annoying, i'd appreciate muchly if something could be done about it. thanks!

Best Answer

Same here

- Fitbit Charge 2

- Huawei Nova

- Android 7.0

- V 2.74.2

- since about 1 week

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys! 

I have an ionic and I love it, like, really love it aha. Always been a massive fan of the Fitbit app and community and recently moved to android from iOS. Not so much a problem as an annoyance but, my sleep duration as shown on the Fitbit app dashboard keeps changing throughout the day between two different values. Today for example it says I slept for 5 hours 40. Then itll change to say 6 hours 20. It’s done this every day I’ve had the app. When I click on it, it always shows 5 hours 40 and the sleep stages equalling that so I’m not sure where the other value is coming from. 

is is it just me? I’m on the latest software release, running android 8.0 on Sony xz2. 

Cheers guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any progress here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're not alone as I've had the same problem since the latest update was installed. I'm hoping someone out there has a solution.

I'm using an Alta.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problems with Alta HR on Samsung S 8. Android 8.0.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here. Started happening a week ago. It is also not registering my heart rate correctly. 😞 I've had it for almost a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been experiencing the same issue within the last couple of weeks. I have a S8 note and an HR2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here and I noticed it about 2 weeks ago.

Samsung Galaxy 6

Android 7

Fitbit version 2.74.2 (2193293)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Janamaus @Manoloo @Celeste-McD1 @Lavandou @Rtrolley @Kimpossiblenow Thank you for your responses.

@Colinm39 @ChasPro716 @TrevorDavies @DramaQueenDiva @AAsh Thank you all for your reports of this issue. I moved your posts to this thread to keep the Community more organized.

I have forwarded your inquiries to our Product Team who will be further evaluating these reports. Thanks for the information.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @cassio, @E_T. Hello @Dunc999, and @Lilbiddy.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I can say that our team is now aware of this situation and it is being looked into! While I am not able to provide any sort of timeline for an expected fix or workaround, I will be on watch and be sure to post any news I get on the matter.

Please feel free to let me know if there is anything else I can help you all with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

It no longer matters as I have purchased the Samsung frontier instead of the blaze due to thid Bluetooth connectivity issue 

Best Answer

Just wanted to add that I am experiencing the same bug.  The Sleep tile is showing the total amount slept each time the app is opened but will autocorrect after a sync is complete.  Sleep detail screens appear to be correct.  Husband is having the same issues.  We both have the Fitbit Charge 2 and both have Android phones. Hope a fix is incoming soon as it is very annoying.

Best Answer

Hi @calumthomas I think what you are seeing is the time asleep with no awake periods deducted and with deductions. The tile on the dashboard is fluctuating between the two figures. This is mentioned in some other threads. No none cure as yet. The information when you 'open' the tile should be correct. 

Cheers 

Best Answer