Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Sleep tile on dashboard showing 0 mins awake

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/10

Hey, everyone! 

Thanks for confirming that this bug has been fixed and you're no longer seeing "0" minutes for your awake time on the sleep tile. There were some improvements that were made that in the process also fixed this bug. 

Since we've confirmed the issue has been resolved since 8/31, I'm now going to close this thread. If you encounter any new issues with sleep logs, please start a new discussion. 

Fitbit Update: 7/31

Hi, everybody!

I wanted to check in with you all that had previously reported this bug with the sleep tile. There were some recent improvements made, and I was wondering if you were all still experiencing this with the sleep tile. To sum up the issue, the sleep time in the dashboard was reflecting "0 mins awake" and would later refresh and change it to another number. Basically, the sleep tile was showing a different number from the actual sleep log. 

If anyone could please let me know if they are still experiencing this, it would be super helpful! 

Fitbit Update: 7/24

Hi, Android users!

Many of you are reporting since the last Fitbit for Android app release, version 2.74.2 that your sleep tile is reflecting "0 min awake" on the dashboard after syncing your watch/tracker. After it refreshes or your tracker syncs again, you will see the actual time you were awake for. In the sleep details, your sleep reflects correctly, it is only the sleep tile on the dashboard that is showing discrepancies for the sleep log. 

We have reported this issue to our team for investigation. When I hear of any new information, this thread will be updated. Thanks for all your help and cooperation! 

androidsleeptile.jpeg

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94

This has just started happening. sleep tile on dashboard shows 0 mins awake even though it is obvious there are awake periods. go into the sleep detail and correct figures are shown. go back to dasboard and correct figures are shown for a couple of seconds, then revert to 0 mins awake! android7.0 samsung galaxy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  Dashboard tile displays total time including awake time. Detail shows total sleep time.  Like others, the dashboard tile reverts to correct time when I sync, but then flips back a few seconds later. Issue started a couple of weeks ago. I have a HR charge 2 and a Samsung note 8.

Best Answer

Hello @Shufflerking. Welcome to the Forums @Kimpossiblenow and @Kaisee.

@Shufflerking Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully you can consider Fitbit again in the future.

@Kimpossiblenow and @Kaisee, Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll be passing all this to the rest of the team. Whenever I get any news I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Jka. Hello @JaiaB.

@JaiaB Thanks for answering my questions! 

I'd like to let both of you know that our team is aware of the situation and it is being looked into. We do not have any news at the time but we will be sure to let everyone know as soon as we receive any updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for posting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife and i have also been experiencing the same issue with sleep tile flipping between 0 minutes awake and however many minutes it thought we were awake. We're using Samsung S5 phones. 

Best Answer

This is happening to me too. It happens every time I open the Fitbit app on my android device or when the app syncs. It has been happening for weeks at least...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I am using an Android Samsung Galaxy S 7

It is so happening as of now it will show the Sleep awake time and then automatically turn it all to sleep time.

The Fitbit version that I'm using is 2.74.2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, everybody!

I wanted to check in with you all that had previously reported this bug with the sleep tile. There were some recent improvements made, and I was wondering if you were all still experiencing this with the sleep tile. To sum up the issue, the sleep time in the dashboard was reflecting "0 mins awake" and would later refresh and change it to another number. Basically, the sleep tile was showing a different number from the actual sleep log. 

If anyone could please let me know if they are still experiencing this, it would be super helpful! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On fitbit alta, my sleep tile still shows 0 mins awake/restless on dashboard. When I tap it will show these stats & show on dashboard tile for a few seconds,but then reverts back to 0.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of today, August 1st..the issue is still there on the sleep tile.

The tile changes back and forth between 0 min awake (9 hr 31 min) and 53 min awake (8 hr 38 min)

Obviously, the second is correct.

I am using the current Android version 2.75 on an approved phone Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

August 2nd, still happening here.

Fitbit Versa

Google Pixel 1

App version 2.75

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I am still experiencing this problem as of 2 August 2018.

It does show the correct numbers after a sync is done but the when going back to the dashboard after accessing one of the dashboard tiles it reverts to 0 awake time.

Best Answer

@Alleri @Buzzsaw @Kelly6music @ecl6gb Thank you all for posting in here! I really appreciate your responses to let me know this is still ongoing. I'm going to relay this information to the team, so it can continue to be investigated. 

Please stay tuned for any updates. 

Best Answer

I have also been having the same issue for the last couple of weeks, with the dashboard tile showing 0 times awake but drilling down shows the correct information. Then the dashboard tile corrects itself but fluctuates back to 0 times awake when the next sync occurs.

Charge 2 Ver. 22.22.55.2

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android Ver. 8.0.0

App Ver. 2.75

Charge 2 | Android Galaxy S7
Best Answer

My sleep tile will sometimes show a different amount and then change to the real amount. It has been doing this on and off for the past couple weeks, however not daily. It has never shown "0".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing.   I never had any problems with the old one. 

Best Answer

still happening

Best Answer

I have notice this on my Samsung Tab S3 and Ionic -  I believe this is because of horrible troubles of syncing sleep information by Bluetooth - I usually have to turn off Ionic and event restart the S3.  It seems to take the sync a while and extremely frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a S5 and I have reset the Bluetooth and I reset the altra hr and have sync it several times all it does is switch from 5 hr and 53 min to 6 hr and 34 min and doesn’t seem to know if I was awake or not sometimes it pops up for a few seconds the leaves all this is for one night

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer