Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Please update your application to continue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Android (Samsung Rugby Pro)

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

I am trying to set up my Alta.  when I get to set up it states Please update your application to continue.  I click ok and am caught in a loop.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled at least 5 times, restarted phone and tracker, but cannot get to pair tracker due to this.  Please help.

Best Answer

Hi @apshipman2

Which phone are you using? (iOS, Android, Windows?)

Thank you very kindly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @apshipman2

With moving the thread from the Alta to the Android section, the last message now appears first.. 

It increases the chance of getting a solution. 😽

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @apshipman2, hope you're doing great today Woman Very Happy! I'd recommend following the steps I posted in this discussion in order to set up your Alta on your Android device. 

Thanks for your support @SunsetRunner! 

Let me know the good news!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Meh to.. 😽

Kitty

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't setup my fitbit charge 2. It tells me to update my application to continue. It have me

in a loop

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sister3, is your phone on the Supported Devices List?  You don't mention what phone you have, or what version of Operating System (OS) it is running, or what version of the Fitbit app you currently have installed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @sister3Smiley Very Happy I'm wondering the same than @USAF-Larry, I assume you have an Android device since you posted in this board, but, Is it included in the supported devices list? If so, try the steps provided in this post in order to set up your tracker to your Fitbit app. 

Let us know how it goes! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to connect my charge fitbit to my samsung galaxy 10.1 S3 tablet snd keep getting the message to update my application. I am losing the will to live as I cannot fathom out the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very strange @digbydog, but thanks for trying what we suggested. Please make sure that the app is up-to-date before setting up your tracker again.

To see what version of the Fitbit app is installed on your device:

1. Tap the menu button.
  2. Tap Help.
  3. Tap Fitbit App.

To update the Fitbit app:

1. Open the Google Play store on your device.
  2. Tap the menu button.
  3. Tap My Apps and choose the Fitbit app.
  4. Tap Update. If you want automatic updates in the future, check the Allow automatic updating box.

If both applications are up-to-date, try uninstall and reinstall them to continue with the set up process. 

I'll be here waiting for your response! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. I have an Android phone. In process of ordering new phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me @sister3! I want you to be aboard as soon as possible, if I'm not mistaken, are you waiting for a new phone so you can connect your tracker to the Fitbit app? 

That's what I understood, if I'm not right, please let me know so I can continue assisting you until we be able to pair your Fitbit. 

I'll be here! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I am not buying a new phone but I need a dongle to pair my fitbit to my computer and I have ordered one from fitbit. 
Digbydog

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh! Great news @digbydog! I'm sure after getting the Dongle you'll be more than ready to go! When your Dongle arrives, check this article to complete the setup process.

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

my app states the same, when i go to devices to be pairedi click add,select set up alta then it tells me to "please update your applicationm to continue" i have updated it several times now, i have a pantech phone doesnt it work with this phone?? please help i sepent alot of money on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lindad314, what version of the app is installed on your phone?  Open the Account screen and select Help to display the version of the app.

You don't mention which model of Pantech phone you have, is it on this compatible devices list?

Devices.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I had problems registering my fitbit charge 2 bracelet but I have a desktop computer and I bought a dongle and this fixed the connection. I can look at it on my phone and tablet but the days activities have to be synced on the desktop first. Hope this helps
Digbydog

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lindad314, if that is Android app version 2.15.1, it is a very old outdated version - the current version is 2.47, and version 2.48 is now rolling out.  If you cannot find the new version in Google Playstore, your phone is probably not compatible with it.  Check the Google Playstore for the latest version of the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes