Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J7 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone use the fitbit Alta successfully with a samsung galaxy j7 unlocked phone?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity & format

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

WoW! This was over a year ago and still not on the list of compatible devices .smdh

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Hey everyone -- I just merged some duplicate threads asking about compatibility with the Samsung Galaxy J7 into this thread.

At this time, the Samsung Galaxy J7 is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet fully tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. 

Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates! I will also make sure to update everyone in this thread when the Samsung Galaxy J7 is added to the supported devices list.

Best Answer

Sad to see this was 2016-17 and now it is almost 2020 and the Galaxy J7 still isn't a listed compatible device!

Best Answer
0 Votes
After several calls with fitbit support.
The J7 has worked seemlessly for the past year.
Fitbit is going to work on newer and more popular models.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine did too for almost a year, now it has stopped again.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wait yours works with it? I had live chat trying all kinds of stuff and cant get it to pair up or receive notifications? What's the trick?

Best Answer
0 Votes
A year ago i was on the phone several nights in a row with fitbit support
and i wrote an email to the pres of fitbit.

After that it worked. It gets out of sync every once in a while. When it
dies my wife just shuts her phone down. Wait a minute or two and turn the
phone back on. I assume it resets registers on the phone. Then it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine would reset for the longest, but has stopped again.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me know how it goes. My suggestion is to get on the phone with fitbit
suppoert nit chat daily.

Maybe uninstall and reinstall the fitbit app.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I cant get it to pair up it seems. When I select bluetooth it shows my Fitbit as an option but wont pair up. It does sync daily together which confuses me, but it is as if I need to do something for the Fitbit to pair. Any suggestions would be helpful, like do I need to push a button on the Fitbit? I feel really dumb like I am doing something incorrectly. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I called fitbit tech support almost daily
The staff tried a number of different solutions. Some were really wierd
including moving all other blue tooth devices away and holding the j7 and
fitbit close to my router.
It was over a year ago so I don't recall others as there were detailed
sequential steps prescribed by fitbit support. I did get to level 2 tech
support at fitbit. They were on the phone with me from 30 -90 minutes each
time a called.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't get much help when I tried Fitbit Support on the phone (ultimately when the man couldn't solve my problem he just kept telling me it just wasn't supported and I wouldn't get it to work until Fitbit added the J7 as a supported device).  So what I ended up doing was deleting my Versa from my Fitbit app and then uninstalled the app from the phone and turned the phone off.  Then I factory reset the Fitbit Versa.  Once the Versa reset, I powered on the phone, and re-installed the app.  I then added the Versa as a new device and went through the setup process.  It updated the Versa (I had to do it twice but the 2nd time worked no problem), and reinstalled the apps I had installed previously (which, amazingly, installed with no problem - in the past I've gotten the "unable to connect to Versa" message).  Notifications didn't seem to work even though I enabled them during the setup.  I rebooted the phone and the messages popped up to link the Versa to the phone and to enable notifications, which I did, and then it worked!  It synced no problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can be a pitbull
I would not take no for an answer from fitbit support asking to speak to a
supervisor elevate to a higher level
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, and like Bob08759 said, I held the Versa and phone next to the router (sitting next to the router) while I did the setup/installation process (updating) of the Versa (adding it as a new device).  I find that it works better when I have been setting up my Versa with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (which is a supported device).  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks everyone. I did try the chat support and they were not helpful. The rep just sd yep your device is not listed as compatible so not much we can do. Arrrggghhh, I dont have an hour to sit on the phone!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes
My bad. It is compatible. I just didn't quite understand how to set it up.

Kelly Chumley
Best Answer
0 Votes
👍👍👍Have a Great Day,Bob Burtisraburtis@gmail.com201-704-0863Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the Samsung Galaxy j7 Sky Pro for the entire year that I've had my Fitbit. It has work just perfectly until yesterday starting at midnight September 19th 2019 that was the end of being able to sync on my iPad or my phone app. I am definitely not a happy camper because actual main reason I bought the Alta HR was for the heart rate because I I need to get my heart into the cardio Zone and up to the peak heart rate at least a half an hour a day. And now I have no way of knowing whether I'm doing that. The Fitbit still works but it doesn't tell the heart rate all day long doesn't show the ups and downs. Doesn't show my sleep obviously. I'm very disappointed because it would sync  just fine until midnight yesterday..

Best Answer
0 Votes
We had a lot of issues with fitbit alta hr and j7 and after about two years
it started having all kinds of problems.
Rather than spending a lot of time on it

And my wife being frustrated
A fitbit ad came on for a new model:
Inspire
Regularly $109 on sale for $85.
It does everything the Alta hr does
Happy Wife Happy Life
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was walking through some solutions today and everything seems to be fine
now. But I'll keep that in mind if this goes. Although my niece has a
Samsung fit watch and she loves it has never had a problem with it at all