Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

I am pretty upset that the blaze can not sync with my S9. Bought the blaze because of its capabilities. Loved it. Didn't think upgrading my phone would make my blaze useless.  

Best Answer

They won't help. Your Fitbit is not compatible with your phone .

Best Answer

Are you getting notifications?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am running fitbit blaze with samsung s9 is. It's working fine and syncing fine. Initially wouldn't connect and has to turn off Bluetooth on my old phone. Then restarted the samsung and it's found it fine. Search via Bluetooth option in actual phone  to connect not through the fitbit app. Good luck 

Best Answer

Well. A miracle happened. All of a sudden everything started working after going round and round with trouble shooting options. Now my only question is this: How do I find a notification in the app. To clarify, the Fitbit widget on my phone has a round circle with a  1 in the middle. Like when you get texts on your phone it tells you how many you have on the widget. For the life of me I can't figure out what the app is trying to communicate with me. I can't find the spot to look at in the app to clear the notification. I'm a bit OCD and it's driving me batty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thank you all for your feedback, patience and for sharing your input to get your trackers to work with the new Galaxy S9. So far, I haven't heard any updates, so there isn't much information to share beyond what I have mentioned earlier. Keep in mind if the S9 is not listed as compatible, it doesn't mean it won't work. Is just we cannot guarantee all the features will behave as is expected.

If some of you are still having troubles to sync or with the notifications, the following articles may provide you some help in the meantime, while we test more mobile phones.

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

I know some of you are wondering why this device is not yet listed as compatible, since there isn't too much difference from the previous model. Well, with new versions of these devices; despite there are not obvious changes in the user interface, there are small variations in the OS that makes mandatory to test the capabilities of the mobile device to guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app.

If more information becomes available, I will let you know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbitwrote:

@Lisa78 Hi, there! Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Glad to see a new face Smiley Happy

At this time, the Samsung Galaxy S9 has not been added to our official list of Support devices. This means our team here hasn't yet tested it for compatibility purposes with our watches/trackers. You can try our troubleshooting suggestions, but it won't guarantee anything. Please keep checking back to see if your mobile device has been added. If available, you can also sync through alternate devices like a computer or tablet. Hope this helps! 

Sigh...

Best Answer

Even though my S9+ indicated my Charge 2 was set up and “synced,”  I clicked on “Set up a Device” in the Fitbit App on the phone.   It indicated to be sure Fitbit was lit up and if not, press and hold the button.  A message then appeared on the Fitbit with “Notifications On.”  It has been working ever since.  Hope this helps….I know I was getting very frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello - Just wanted to check back here. Will the Flex 2 be compatible w/the Samsung Galaxy S9?

Best Answer

@RobertoME Can you provide an estimate of when the s9/s9+ will be added to the compatibility list

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @jacksb11.

At the moment we do not have any news on the matter. Whenever we do, we'll be letting everyone know.

I would like to mention that there are some users who can sync with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), you can try the tips on the following help article: Sync troubleshoot.

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

After finally getting it to pair again

-unpairing on my old device

-starting, but *aborting* classic bluetooth pairing on S9 when it asked for

the pairing code (This may have not been necessary).

-turning bluetooth back on and *normal* pairing worked right away.

I saw a few people were able to pair but did not get notifications to work.

When I had this same issue, it turned out that I just needed to allow permissions

of the notifications that I wanted sent to the device.

Go to the fitbit app and click on your blaze icon in the top right.

Then, under general settings, click on notifications.

It will prompt the phone to trigger a bunch of permissions.

Click on accept on the requests for permissions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung S9 and reading from comments I am unable to pair it and do I understand that there will be no change in the near future?

Best Answer
😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

I forgot to say I have a Fitbit Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you sync it the same way as your former phone? I am thinking of getting the Galaxy 9 soon and want to make sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I cannot sync my Alta with my S9.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dont understand how mi pebble sync with my galaxy s9 and mi charge 2 dont

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why my pebble sync with my galaxy s9 and my charge 2 no its weird

Best Answer
0 Votes

Woohooo my charge 2 sync finally  i hope the versa too i want it