Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

Returning my fitbit blaze. Unfortunately will not sync with my Samsung +9S.  Disappointed. 

Best Answer
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll try again!
Best Answer
0 Votes

With my Blaze and Samsung S9, I'm getting to the point where I enter the 4-digit code, the app thinks for a moment, then goes right back to the screen where I choose to add a device, my Blaze device is not listed. I've done this likely 50 times and uninstalled the app twice, also restarted my phone AND my Blaze. Where am I going wrong??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Be sure bluetooth on

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it's ridiculous!  Uninstalled app and reinstalled...no luck!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So what do we do, what are our options moving forward? I feel lost and a
little cheated because the website offers nothing.
Best Answer

My uninstall reinstall didn't work...until I restarted the phone.  I'm tired of having to keep manipulating things to keep it working.

Best Answer

I have the s9plus and it is on the compatible  devise list. However, it wont sync. My bluetooth recognizes it  thanks for any help. 

Best Answer
I have 9 but maybe same for 9+. Uninstall and reinstall fitbit app, turn phone on and off, turn on Bluetooth  

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
After a weekend of dealing with this issue, this procedure finally worked:

1. Unpair EVERY device currently paired with your phone.
2. Plug your Fitbit into its charger.
3. Shut off phone bluetooth.
4. Restart your phone.
5. Open fitbit app and prepare to install a new device.
6. Before starting this process, restart your fitbit.
7. Now follow procedure to pair a new device. (It will ask you here to
turn on bluetooth. Do it here and NOT before.)
8. You should receive a4 digit code. Enter it into your phone.
9. The process of pairing seemed to take FOREVER, but mine did finally
pair.

Good luck!
Best Answer

Hey everyone!

Thank you very much for letting us know how it has gone for you! 

If you have tried all of the steps that have been shared through this thread, please get in touch with our support team. They will be more than happy to help you out.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully this will work for the 3rd time. I unpaired,forget device on phone and the app, factory reset the fitbit, works for a day now back to not working!!!! 😡 

Getting ready to sell this and switch to garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a Garmin a few weeks ago and it is the best decision I have made in a long time.  My S9 paired effortlessly with it, all my notifications come through, and I only have to charge it every 6 days rather than every day like I had to do with my Surge.  I used to have my Surge paired with my S6, which is a supported device, and I had problems even then with inconsistent notifications and syncing.  I have wasted many hours of my life trying to get my fitbit to work with both my S6 and S9 and am irritated that I waited so long to make the switch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

The Samsung Galaxy S9 has now been added to the Supported Devices list. The same goes for the Galaxy S9+. This means that the app, syncing and all features should start working properly. 

If you are still experiencing issues with the phone, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the Fitbit app. You can read more about it by clicking here. Also, please try to follow the steps listed in this help article to get your Fitbit to sync with your S9, in case you are experiencing any difficulties. 

Please do feel free to let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hola. Por favor me podes confirmar lo que estas diciendo que el Samsung s9 y s9 plus ya están en la Lista de dispositivos compatibles les ? Porque veo muchas opiniones encontradas. Y quiero comprar el versa pero si no es compatible con el Samsung s9plus es inútil q lo compre. Gracias Saludos 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung S9 and a Fitbit Charge HR and I can not get them to Sync. Do I need a new fitbit cause I have tried everything and nothing works

Best Answer
be sure bluetooth is on.  uninstall and reinstall fitbit app.  turn phone on and off. Tracy

| | Virus-free. www.avast.com |
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, have tried all that.

It is not reading the Bluetooth thing that is plugged into the computer

Best Answer
0 Votes
I meant bluetooth on phone Tracy

| | Virus-free. www.avast.com |
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry Bluetooth on phone is not picking up the fitbit