Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

How has this not been fixed yet?

Best Answer

Everything with app is set up exactly how it was on the s7. I have turned the Bluetooth off the s7 and shut it down (It was anyway). And it still won't charge to the phone. It says it is paired and then says Bluetooth issues. So I am going to a phone shop to see if it is something with the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

I'd like to mention that Fitbit devices themselves are not added to the supported devices list, only mobile phones. 

Having said that, the S9 is not on the list yet but it should be working now. If it isn't, I'd recommend that you try to follow these steps. They should definitely help you in getting it to sync.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is absolutely ridiculous that FitBit cannot get the S9 on the compatible list. Mine has not synced for a month now. I have already factory reset and started from scratch 2x to get it to work for maybe a month. Time to do it again. 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's not on list but Labor Day Twitter support told me it's working. Uninstall and reinstall Fitbit. I get text and calls again. Today I had to turn phone off and on.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
I wouldnt even bother trying again yet, I did mine this morning after reading that it should be working now, and still no luck!  So frustrated right now!
Best Answer
I know u r frustrated as I was too for a month. Wish this worked for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I only tried since Twitter Support told me too and it finally worked again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will just keep trying!  Fingers crossed it works soon 🙂 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I spent a LOT of time on this darn watch last night.

I

• Removed all my fitbit devices from the fitbit app & account (including this Versa)
  • Uninstalled the app
  • Restarted my phone
  • Reinstalled the app
  • Factory reset my Versa
  • Added the Versa back to the app
  • With difficulty got it connected to my wifi
  • Went through the update process
  • Restarted the phone
  • Restarted the Versa

I connected once... then back to unable to find versa.  Also, it prompts me to connect to wife, but the wifi page just sits and spins. I connected when going through the initiation last night (after some time trying), but the connection appears to be gone now.

I'm SO FRUSTRATED.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Forgot to add bluetooth must be on too

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic has been syncing fine to my s9 until the 25th now nothing wont even recognise it 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Finally my flyer earbuds are working with my Samsung S9.
Thanks very much!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bluetooth is on and restarted many times.  sometimes a Bluetooth restart will get it to connect... but not usually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

Thanks for trying everything that has been suggested.

If you have already gone through the these steps, then I'd recommend that you try these ones:

1. Go into your S9's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Remove the Fitbit from that list of devices.
  3. Restart your Fitbit and your phone. 
  4. Open the Fitbit app and and run the setup as if it was a brand new device. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's exactly what I did.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to say,  this stinks!  These phones have been out since March.  Surely your tech people could figure this out in a more timely fashion.   

And the suggestion to check on a different device?   Less than a meh solution... 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Forums @Girlsnschool.

@SunsetRunner Did it work for you or not at all? If it did, I'm very glad to read that.

@Girlsnschool Ever since the original posts, the S9 should be supported now and work correctly. I'd recommend that you try following all of the steps that I have shared in here. They should definitely help in getting everything to sync.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I appreciate your reply, but that is still not working. The two devices
are not connecting.

Super frustrating that something working so well before is this difficult
on a new phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm the one that posted Twitter support said it's not on website but working Labor Day. Be sure bluetooth on, uninstall and reinstall Fitbit and that worked for me. Good luck. I was super frustrated too.

Best Answer
0 Votes