Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

Yah, none of that works.  That's what my original message said.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's ridiculous. I had to sell the Fitbit I had and find another device. They offered no help or time period and like you said, this phone has been out for awhile now.

Best Answer

Hello @Mattlavell. Welcome to the Forums @RebeccaWood.

@RebeccaWood We do not have an ETA for when will it be added to the list. Having said that, I'd like to ask, what is it that you want to get. The notifications? If so please try to follow these steps. As for the MyFitnessPal, could you please elaborate on what is going on? What is it that you'd like to do with MyFtinessPal and Fitbit.

@Mattlavell Did you set notifications up with your S9+? If so, let's try  to remove the Ionic from your S9's Bluetooth devices lost and then run the setup process as if it was a new device.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
@LanuzaFitbit I think it's pretty bad that even after so many months you still can't give an ETA for compatibility with such a popular phone that isn't even new to the market anymore. There's also misleading information on your website, since one of your FAQs mentions that the fitbit *IS* now compatible with the S9! (Published 30th August 2018).
I did follow the steps in the link you give and they're also misleading. They refer to clicking on the wrong sections in the app and on my smartphone, and are entirely confusing and unhelpful. I eventually found the information I was looking for accidentally on the community forum here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Text-notifications-issues-with-Galaxy-S9/td-p/2618025/pa...

Regarding MyFitnessPal, I want my Flex 2 to sync with it and to record my exercise and expended calories. My partner and I do the same exercise and his Blaze will add extra calories to his MyFitnessPal account, whereas my Flex 2 does not. We're doing the same exercise, so why isn't mine showing up? I have my accounts linked in the same way he does, and I sync regularly, so it seems like it's an issue with my apps not communicating all of the required information.

| | Virus-free. www.avg.com |
Best Answer
0 Votes

SAMSUNG GALAXY S9 IS FINALLY COMPATABLE WITH FITBIT CHARGE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Twitter support told me and I got it to work.  I can get text again.  Woo hoo!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner and @Aimzy.

Thanks for trying those steps and letting me know that they didn't work.

In that case, let's try to run the setup again as if you were using a brand new device. 

@SunsetRunner I'm afraid I can't see it on the list myself, can you see it? Or are you referring that you got it to work?

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone.

As I mentioned previously, the S9 should be added to the list soon. I do not have specific details but they should begin working.

Glad to read that it started working @DJMabf. I definitely understand how frustrating this whole process might've been but thankfully it is working now.

To those that have returned your Fitbits, we're sad to see you go. Hopefully you can consider Fitbit again in the future.

If you are still having syncing issues, please try to remove your Fitbit's from the S9's Bluetooth devices list and then run the setup process once more, as if it was a replacement Fitbit. Also be sure that you are using the latest version of the app. You can read more about it in here

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

might have spoke to soon. worked for one text and that's it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay. That seemed to work.  I do believe we're good to go. 

Thanks Lanuza for being patient through my crankiness! I really appreciate your help!

Thanks a million!!

Best Answer

Hi @LanuzaFitbit, mine is syncing fine with my ph, that is not the problem. As stated in my original message, its just not receiving ph calls and messages and that is what is frustrating me the most!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After Twitter support told me it's working they said to uninstall and reinstall Fitbit. Also I have to keep Bluetooth on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RebeccaWood.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

What I can't offer an ETA is for when will the S9 be added to the list. Having said that, I can say that the compatibility has been worked and that they should work, or start working, correctly.

Thanks for sharing the link that helped you and letting us know that you did manage to get it to work that way. 

In the case of MFP. It is possible that there was an issue with the connection itself. Keep in mind that these integrations are developed by the third parties so they should be able to get a better insight into what is going on. Having said that, I'd recommend that you try to disconnect both apps and then connect the magain, check the steps below on how to do it:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account by tapping on the top-left corner.
  2. Scroll down and tap or click Manage Data and then Manage 3rd Party Apps.
  3. Tap Revoke Access to disconnect an app from your Fitbit account. 
  4. Follow the process to connect them again.

That should definitely help out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Aimzy.

Awesome news! Thanks for giving it a shot and letting me know that it did work. Now you can continue to enjoy your Fitbit.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of topics to talk about with other users. I'm sure that you will find something that peaks your interest.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this is my first post to the community and hoping it will help some people.

I got my Samsung Galaxy S9 this week and was really annoyed to find that I could not sync it with my FitBit (Charge 2). After going through a number of processes, it seems I have been successful and have got my new phone to pair with my FitBit; and all is working as expected.

• Firstly I ensured that my FitBit was unpaired from my old handset and the Bluetooth was turned off.
  • I re-started the FitBit (plugging it into the charger, pressing and holding the button until the re-start occurs)
  • I then uninstalled the app on my S9 and re-installed it. Re-started the phone.
  • Logged back into the app and selected 'Set Up New Device' option.
  • My phone connected up, a code was supplied on the FitBit and the devices paired.

I find it utterly ludicrous that still today the S9 is not on the list of compatible devices with FitBit.

Hope these steps help other people get back on track!

Shelley

Best Answer

Hello @tgray69 and @Dell2119.

@tgray69 Has it continued to work since then or has it not synced at all for you?

@Dell2119 In that case you could try the notifications troubleshooting steps showing in our help site. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave just purchased a samsung s9 and my fitbit Alta hr will not connect. Any ideas please? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

That the Fitbit versa HAS NOY YET been added to the list of supported devices is totally unacceptable.  The versa has been out since April 2018, the S9 since MARCH 2018. .  It is now SEPTEMBER.  Samsung is globally the best selling smart phone.  It makes absolutely no sense that the Fitbit is not tested with the S9.  Do it now. Stop developing new products until you can support the ones you have. 

Best Answer

I've got a new mobile galaxy s9 my charge 2 fitbit won't sync can you advice me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Quinnieuk Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry to hear that your Alta HR isn't syncing with your Samsung S9 phone. Remember that the setup and sync are all done through the Fitbit app. Check that the app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions). Go to your phone's bluetooth settings area and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and then restart your device. Remember that you will need to have bluetooth and location services (GPS) on. 

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Iloveboo_6

Your post was moved to the Android forum area so you can receive more relevant replies. Take a look around the forums and you'll see some Samsung 9 users are having some problems. Make sure you have the latest firmware and app updates.

Check out this post from Moderator @AlessFitbit - click to read

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer