Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

Still not syncing.  Any other solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing has worked for mine. I have now started searching to purchase a
Samsung gearfit.
Best Answer

So, this morning, after months of showing zero steps, the Fitbit app is suddenly working on my S9.  I did nothing, it just started working.

To be clear, my app had been syncing all along and it would only show miles correctly, but everything else was wrong (like sleep) or at zero.  However, if I clicked the arrow to go to "yesterday," everything showed correctly.

If you are still having a problem, as a hack, you can go to fitbit on the web using your phone browser, then create a shortcut and put the shortcut on your home screen. It's better than nothing. 

Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

here’s what Twitter Support told me yesterday…..We apologize for the delayed response, Tracy. At the moment, we do not have a time frame of when this phone is going to be listed but rest assure we are considering all your comments and feedback. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update to this?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It surprises me Fitbit hasn't focused on certifying the Samsung S9 and S9+ to work with its platform. Because of Samsung's share of the Android market, it makes sense to certify these devices early and make them a priority. It has been nearly 6 months since their release. Perhaps Samsung makes it difficult for Fitbit because it has its own tracker. I don't know. But non-certification is a real problem for consumers and for Fitbit support which can only echo what consumers already know.

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

We truly appreciate your patience on the matter.

I have not received any updates on any timeframe, but I'm keeping my eyes open.

In the meantime I'd like to recommend that you try to restart the connection with your Fitbit from scratch. Please try these steps:

1. Go into your S9's Bluetooth settings and look for any Fitbit devices in there.
  2. Remove all Fitbit devices that are showing in that list.
  3. Open the Fitbit and run the setup as if you are using a brand new device. 

Feel free to let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually just returned the fitbit this morning and purchased the samsung fit pro 2. It works great. 

Best Answer

Wish I could return my Fitbit but it's out of warranty

Best Answer

Did that a few times yesterday. It didnt work  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear

While your concern is appreciated, is this not the same rigmarole we've heard over and over?  I even removed the app completely and started over like it was the first time and all it did was steal more quality time from the people that matter in my life. 

My Fitbit app started working yesterday for no apparent reason.  Perhaps something updated or changed automatically but I did nothing different... just woke up that morning and there it was. I'm on StraightTalk and they do not update squat, so I'm sure there wasn't an update to my Android OS. 

Best Answer

So, 5 months has gone by since this question was answered and the Galaxy s9 has been around for a while. I still have issues with it not syncing unless I manually ask it to, and then it fights me. Is there still not an automatic sync between these two devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is not only an issue with s9. I have LG 6 and have exact same problem
Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I find out when my new phone will be compatible with my ionic. 

Or are fitbit even working on making it compatible.

At the moment it it just an expensive watch 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having that exact problem. I can sync steps but nothing else works. I bought the Flex 2 to track my activity in myfitnesspal but that's not working either. Totally stupid that they wouldn't support such a popular flagship phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Do you have an ETA for adding the S9 yet? I want to know if I should be returning my new Flex 2 to Amazon.

(To say I'm disappointed with the lack of support for my phone is an understatement. This is my first fitbit and I was so excited to get it. Now I'll be forced to send it back and choose a different fitness tracker for my birthday present. Why hate on the Samsung users? Way to lose customers!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need to know if I ever will be able to connect my fitbit devices to my Samsung Galaxy S9.

I wish Fitbit listed all the devices that are not compatible with. It is heart braking no be able to use my watch, earbuds and my step tracker.

Please let me know so I can give them away if I won't be able to use them and never ever buy any of your products again.

Thanks very much!

Best Answer

My Versa stopped syncing with my phone last week. I have a Samsung Galaxy 9+ which is apparently not a compatible device. I don't understand that.  Last week it worked and now it doesn't.  I've restated the bluetooth, the phone the watch, followed the trouble shooting directions,  stood on my head, spun around 3 times and did a dance to the Fitbit Gods. The watch worked fine last week. I haven't had a software update or anything and now getting it to sync is near impossible!! Can this be fixed or am o becoming a Garmin customer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner and @Aimzy.

Let me help you out! The S9 should be added to the list soon.

In the meantime I'd recommend that you try to to follow the steps in this article. Given that the compatibility has been worked on, following those steps should do the trick.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

it was added yesterday, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes