Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

what is Oreo?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have AT&T so keeping fingers crossed.Please change subject because this is not solved.

Best Answer
0 Votes
chocolate biscuit?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also just brought the S9.  My fitbit is syncing with it but I am not receiving txt/ph notifications on it.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have read through a lot of the issues with the S9+ I the Fitbit ionic some are saying is resolved mine is still not resolved I've had the S9+ now for 2 months and will be sent working fine and then for no reason will no longer sync I then have to restart my phone restart my Fitbit sometimes two or 3 times before it will resync how long before this problem gets resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do we have a time frame on when the Galaxy S9 will be compatable with Fitbit? I have insurance through work that has a program that tracks my steps through Fitbit but my steps aren't syncing. I've tried everything and it's just a "supported devices" issue. Or so it would seem. So, back to my original question: Do we have a time frame of when the two devices should be able to sync or worded  differently, about how long might it be before Galaxy S9 is added to supported devices? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

As I mentioned before, the S9 and S9+ should be added to the list soon.

In the meantime I'd still recommend that you follow these steps if you are having syncing issues and these steps if you are experiencing notification issues. 

Hopefully you find this helpful. Please know that your patience on the matter has been greatly appreciated.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

The  Galaxy S9 and S9+ should be added to the list soon.

In the meantime I'd still recommend that you follow these steps if you are having syncing issues and these steps if you are experiencing notification issues. 

Hopefully you find this helpful. Please know that your patience on the matter has been greatly appreciated.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think if those steps worked we wouldn't be here.

Best Answer

Yes we know they should considering they have been out almost half a year now. My S9+ was working fine until the latest app update now my watch is pretty much useless. This is on top of my previously reported issued with GPS and erratic HRM. I have to.say this is my third Ionic and the biggest let down yet and Instead of fixing the problems Fitbit just motor on and release another model and there amazing advice is to factory reset your device.

Garbage product and garbage support. Complete waste of my money and as a company there is no customer interest the only interest is churning out half ready devices.

Rant over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

tcraighenry, A pitch-perfect, terse and pithy response! Fitbit,  please forward to all members of the S9 team.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried everything now have Samsung gear sport good luck every one?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there an update now as to when the galaxy s9 will be compatible with fitbit? It is almost September and I am about to give up on fitbit and I have worn some sort of fitbit everyday since may 2014! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Completely agree! Never would have brought a new fitbit if it wasnt going to sync with my new phone!

Best Answer

How soon is soon?  Why can't fitbit give us estimated time period when this would be fixed at least? days, weeks, months, never?

Best Answer
I know, I'm soooooo frustrated!!!!!!! I just dont know what to do????

Tracey

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

It worked for only a while.

After resetting the network settings on my S9, deleting/reinstalling the Fitbit app, hard resetting the Ionic then deleting/re-setting up my Ionic in the app, the Ionic synced for about an hour then failed to sync after that. The sad thing for me is the Ionic and S9 had worked flawlessly since April when I moved to an S9 from an LG G5.

Since I am involved in an exercise and sleep study for people over 60, this situation forces me to evaluate other platforms. Replacing the Ionic is less expensive than replacing an S9.

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

Unfortunately I can't give you any timeline as to when we can expect the list expanded to include the S9 but it should be happening. 

If I get any updates on that situation, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dloveland54.

Unfortunately I can't give you any timeline as to when we can expect the list expanded to include the S9 but it should be happening. 

If I get any updates on that situation, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I've read lots of people having problems with the S9 plus and syncing with the ionic I followed all the suggested steps still have to reboot my phone and ionic to get them to sync sometimes two or 3 times before they sink when will this problem be fixed properly?

Best Answer
0 Votes