Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692
Its already on list
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Indeed, the S9 and S9+ are already on the list! They should be working with the Fitbit devices and if they aren't, please try going through the steps in this help article.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Please have the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 become compatible with fit bit please! Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Alex_Strawberry.

Thanks for sharing your interest in the Note 9 being added.

Maybe you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users could comment and vote on your idea to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions regarding the way that board works.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I am able to sync my Fitbit Alta HR with my new Samsung S9 for every thing EXCEPT receiving my phone's text messages on my Fitbit. Please help.

Best Answer

he issue I'm having is that the Samsung Galaxy S9+ is on the compatible device list, but works intermittently. It will work perfect for a few days, then all of the sudden, no notifications, it won't sync, etc. I go through all the instructions provided here and everywhere, including restarting the phone and the Ionic multiple times, un-pairing and re-pairing and eventually it will work again, but then I'm back to square one in another few days when it quits again. What gives?

Best Answer
is your bluetooth on?  did you turn phone on and off?  did you uninstall and reinstall fitbit Tracy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Yes, Yes, Yes. 

Best Answer

Hello @jbo6196@tgray69 and @Shelley919.

Thank you all for trying all of those steps to get your Fitbits to sync with your S9. 

@tgray69 Thanks for being around and helping other users.

@jbo6196 Let's try to follow the notifications troubleshooting steps listed in this help article. They should definitely help out.

@Shelley919 Do you have any other Bluetooth device connected to your S9? Also, how often do you have to go through all of this process? In the meantime maybe you could try turning Always Connected on. Follow these steps to do so:

1. Go into the Fitbit app and on to your account by tapping on the top-right corner.
  2. Tap on your Fitbit.
  3. Scroll down and look for the Always Connected option, turn it on.
  4. Sync your Fitbit.

That should do the trick and prevent any further syncing issues, hopefully.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is great that Fitbit (finally) figured out how to allow its customers to connect with the Samsung Galaxy S9 months (many months) after the phone was released. I gave up waiting on Fitbit and now am happily wearing a Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro. The watch synced immediately with my phone, tracks steps, stairs, sleep and more, syncs easily with My Fitness Pal, has tons of options and apps, plus it is water resistant. Oh, and it cost less than a Fitbit. Samsung won me, and I won't be going back to Fitbit.

Best Answer
Super happy for you! Still here struggling! Still does not synch for me.
Sigh... 🤔 Wonder if I can get a refund. Will check my warranty.
Best Answer

No I understand! I had one but it didn't work with my phone so I gave it back. Now I have a new phone and still no fit bit. I sure do hope that SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 9 becomes compatible!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Alex_Strawberry@FitCraig501 and @Sharksister.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter.

@FitCraig501 Are you getting some sort of error message when you try to sync? Have you tried all of the steps that have been suggested through this thread.

@Alex_Strawberry What phone are you using at the moment? The Note 9? Same as above, did you try the steps that I have shared with the new phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an S9. And yes I have tried all the steps to no success.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jbo6196.

Thanks for trying the steps that I have suggested through the thread.

In this case let's try one more thing:

1. Go into your S9's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Look for your Fitbit and remove it from the list of paired Bluetooth devices.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and run the set up as if it  was a brand new device.

That should do the trick and get your Fitbit working once again.

Look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung S9 and up until September 16th, my Fitbit Charge 2 synced perfectly with it. It suddenly stopped syncing. I contacted Fitbit and they send me a new device, after checking compatibility issues, etc. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarting the Fitbit, absolutely everything it says in the troubleshooting guide. Today, I took my phone back to the store I bought it and asked them if it’s down to the phone but they are insisting that this is a Fitbit issue and could be something to do with an upgrade patch or something?? Apparently everything else on my Samsung is perfectly ok. My Fitbit syncs with my old IPhone 6 and hubby’s syncs with his MotoG without any problems. I just want my Fitbit to work with my Samsung again!!! I don’t receive any calls or text notifications and can only update my Fitbit account by syncing with my old iPhone!! Surely I shouldn’t have to do that! Is anyone else with Samsung S9 and a Charge 2 having any problems and Ian there anything I haven’t tried to try to get it working again?!?? TIA 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought my versa 1 month ago and loved it. It worked great with my galaxy 8. Upgraded to galaxy 9 and I cannot receive my text messages or call notifications. I am very disappointed. Is fitbit going to upgrade to correct these issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tash0201. Welcome to the Forums @Debrahl.

Thanks for trying all of those steps before posting in here.

In both of your cases, it could be that your Fitbit bonded with your previous phone and that is preventing it from syncing with the new one. My suggestion in this case would be the following:

1. Go into the previous phone's Bluetooth settings and look for your Fitbit in there.
  2. Remove the Fitbit from the paired devices list.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and run the set up as if you had a brand new Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

have read everything on how to get messages from my Samsung galaxy s9 phone and still unable to make work.  have forced stop on app and re-installed it.  phone on and off with all that still does not work.  what might I be doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @msdeeb.

It is possible that it is related to the Bluetooth connection itself. Do you have any other devices connected to your S9 via Bluetooth? If so, try to disconnect them and see if that improves the notifications. Let me know how it goes.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes