Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

I turned my Bluetooth off then on again, unpaired my Blaze and tried to pair again. Nos mg S9+ won't pair, i get th ed flowing message:  'Pairing rejected by Blaze'

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RosW.

Thanks for trying to re pair your Blaze to your S9+.

In this case I'd like to ask if you are trying to pair them directly on the Bluetooth settings or on the Fitbit app.

If you are trying to do so on the Bluetooth settings, please do so directly on the app as otherwise it will not work. You can find the instructions on how to do so by clicking here.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Fitbit Surge. They will not sync. Bluetooth sees it at Surge "Classic" not Surge as it was listed on my S8+ and is still seen on my old tablet. New phones pairs but does not sync with app. App has been uninstalled and reinstalled. Permissions are granted to everything. It has been acknowledged as a "trusted device" and the Surge still syncs with the tablet. Turning off the tablet when attempting to pair/sync over and over does nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @HILYOUNG.

Thanks for going through all of those steps to get your Surge to sync.

Let's try follow these steps to get your Fitbit to work with the app:

1. Open the tablet's Bluetooth settings and look for your Surge in there.
  2. Remove it from that list.
  3. Do this on your S9+ too.
  4. Once that is done, try following the set up process on the S9+ and that should do the trick.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain!  My versa was working splendidly until the latest Samsung update and then bam...it stopped.  I know it’s prpbably a software incompatibility, but **ahem**, can’t we all get on the same page and fix it?  My lose it app is useless to me without this sync; I’m down 42 lbs and need to keep going.  The app and fit it combined are what keep me in line!

it is paired to the phone, yet it won’t sync...I just get a red ! when I try the sync, although I have been able to have it sync once...while it was in the charging cradle which doesn’t help.  I need my notifications also...that’s why I purchased this model.  PLEASE work with Samsung to get this fixed!! 

Best Answer

Hello @Mamatracy.

Let me help you get your Fitbit to sync to your phone.

The Galaxy S9 should be working properly as it has been included in the list of supported devices. Maybe you could try following all of the steps listed in this help article. You could also try these steps for the notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done every one of these at least 3 times and spent an hour on the phone with Fitbit and it is still not working!  Not only does it still not sync with my S9, but now it will no longer work with my iPad or my iPod which it was working with until this morning.  I am SO disappointed in this as it’s my second versa...the first had to be returned for the same reason, but at least that failed within the return period.  Now I am out $150 for a glorified watch!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mamatracy.

Thanks for trying those steps and letting us know that it isn't working. 

I'd say that we can try to restart the Bluetooth connection from scratch. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Go into your S9's and other devices Bluetooth settings (iPad and iPod).
  2. Look for your Fitbit in there, and any other Fitbit devices, and remove it from the list.
  3. Then go into your S9 and run the set up process once again.

Let me know if you have any further questions and how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2 and recently purchased a Galaxy s9 plus. Everything works, except I am not receiving text or phone notifications. I have tried everything, even resetting my Charge. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @MaHen.

Thanks for trying to restart your Charge 2 to get your notifications to work.

The first thing I'd recommend is that you try to follow all of the steps listed in this help article to get them to work. It's possible that you have already tried some of the steps in there but please give them all a shot in the order that they show up. 

Feel free to reach out if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having trouble with connecting. I just installed the app and have tried connecting and disconnecting multiple times. I have an s9+. It connected when I first got it but won't sync at all. It didn't even finish updating the apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @nolankryptonite.

Thanks for trying to disconnect the Fitbit to get it to work correctly before posting in here.

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try these steps:

1. Go into your S9's Bluetooth settings and look for your Fitbit in there.
  2. Remove your Fitbit from the paired list and also remove any other Fitbit device, in case more show up.
  3. Then restart your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and run the set up process as if you had a brand new Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not syncing with my S9. Not getting notifications either. I have reinstalled app numerous times. Beyond frustrated with this! 

Best Answer

I'm happy to report I have everything working now with my Charge 2 and new Galaxy s9 plus. Thanks for all the help.

Best Answer
Same here. This is the last fitbit product I will buy.   I spent a lot of money essentially on a pedometer.  None of the other features sync with my s9 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9.
Best Answer

Hello @Debrahl@MaHen and @KRPE.

@MaHen Glad to read that everything is working correctly for you!

@Debrahl and @KRPE, have you tried the steps I shared above? They should definitely help in getting your Fitbits to sync with your S9's.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all of the steps noted, more than once. All that syncs is my steps and only when I go in and manually sync it. I do not receive texts, calendar and phone notifications. I might get 1-2 calendar notifications occasionally, but that is it. Very inconsistent and unreliable. I NEVER get phone or text notifications. 
Notification, location, bluetooth etc. is all ON. 
Not trying to be rude, but I am tired of doing self help tutorials that do NOT work! This device is not compatible with my S9 (worked fine with my S7) and is utterly useless to me!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Hello @KRPE.

Thank you very much for trying those steps 

Do you still have access your S7? It is possible that the Versa has bonded with the S7 and thus it is not playing nice with the S9. You can get into the S7's Bluetooth settings and look for your Versa in there. If you do, remove it from the paired devices list, and from your S9 too, and then set notifications up once again. If this is happening because the Versa has bonded with the S7 then this should do the trick.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the note. I am travelling and do not have my S7 with me. Could the Fitbit be bonding with it when it isn't even nearby? 
I can try your suggestion when I am back.
Thanks again. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KRPE.

Thanks for getting back to me. 

No, it couldn't be bonding if the S7 is not nearby but it could have happened when you were around the S7, if you had the Fitbit syncing with it back then. Did the S7 ever sync or have notifications enabled with your Fitbit?

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes