Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

I don't see why a Fitbit rep would mark this issue as "solved" when it hasn't been solved. Has anyone been able to at least sync their Charge HR with their computer since the latest update? I have given up hoping that Fitbit will figure out how to sync to the Samsung Galaxy S9 phone, and would like to at least be able to look at my Fitbit stats on a computer, but after the last update the Charge HR no longer will sync to my computer.

Best Answer
What a pain. It's almost not worth it. At least all my Charge 2 doesn't do is get notifications.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
Use the fit notifications app (not a Fitbit app) to get all your notifications. You can even set it up to get more notifications than Fitbit offers if you want. It's wonderful, free, and in the play store.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently purchased the S9 and have been unable to pair my phone with the Ionic?  My Ionic is currently syncing with my iPad since it won't connect to my phone.  I would very much like to enjoy again the features on the Ionic that worked with my iPhone 6s

Best Answer

Just to throw this in...I have a Sprint Samsung S9+, and my Ionic pairs just fine and works as desired.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, so I just received my Ionic on Friday (7/20). I was able to pair it with my S9+. It works just fine with my phone and the app. I still haven't figured out all the great things it can do because I'm busy with my two kids and I also work but am excited to use it. So far I love it but like I said, I've yet to explore all the great things it can do. I just ordered my wireless bluetooth headset also so that I can download music and be able to listen on the go. Thanks everyone for your previous comments. It helped me make my decision of the Ionic or Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From what did you delete your blaze? My phone says it is paired but the app does not work with my samsung 9+

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so fed up this is my second versa as first one stopped working with my s9. Replaceme t was working and now it isn't again! Can't find the stupid fitbit then won't sync, no notifications when it was syncing. Please MODERATOR change this post to NOT SOLVED as it clearly isn't and you keep on popping in saying the same things  we have all done the trouble shooting steps etc, it's the stupid bloody fitbit that's the problem not our understanding of the issues! Argh. So frustrated 😤 

Best Answer
I'm thinking about looking into the samsung watch. Just so tired ofthe
problems.
Best Answer

I got fed up with the Fitbit issues and bought the Gear S3 two weeks ago.  I love it!  Hated the band so I bought a silicone one on Amazon.  

Best Answer

There's due to be a new Samsung watch released in August this year. I did  Try a Samsung sport for a bit but didn't have the long battery life and sleep tracking wasn't as good so I sent it back. Dont know what to do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery life isn't that great, but when I'm sitting on the computer at night, I just put the watch on the charging tray.

At first, I hated the sleep app, but as I've used it, it really isn't that different from the fitbit one or I've -gotten used to it.

Things I love about the Gear:-

-it syncs with my phone

-I get notifications and calls and every other notification

-I can respond to texts and answer calls

-I can ck the weather, news etc

-there are apps!

-SAMSUNG PAY I just swipe my watch  and pay for things

-I can load music and photos

-it has a feature to find my phone

What I don't like as much

-it just now (yesterday)started accurately tracking stairs

-I like the fitbit app better, but not enough to put up with the problems

I wish I could blend the two, but for now, I pick the one that works

Best Answer

How can you say this problem is resolved?  I guess by saying it won't be resolved is resolving it?

Best Answer

When yall gonna add it since it has been out a couple of months

Best Answer
I'll look into this. Thanks
Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for sharing your feedback and experiences on the matter!

We definitely understand your frustrating. At this moment there isn't anything new that we could share but we'll be letting everyone know the moment we have something new.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please remove "SOLVED" notation on this issue.

Please be candid and indicate truthfully - such as:

"After over 8 months of this issue, we either don't care if Fitbit Flex2 users can synch with the Galaxy S9" -- or --

"We don't have the technical expertise to figure this out, so we give up, perhaps Flex2 users with a Galaxy S9 should buy another product to monitor their fitness activities"

Best Answer

I wish we could give the mods replies a thumbs down, saying the same things all the time, ignoring our requests for this matter to not be shown as 'solved' .. Mines going back tomorrow as I'm sick and tired of wasting my time trying to sync! 

Best Answer

At the very least, remove "SOLVED" from the title of the post.  That way people won't have to read through 15+ pages for a solution like I did, only to find there is no solution.

Enjoyed fitbit for 6 years and now I'm enjoying my Samsung Gear S3. 

Best Answer

I am not able to pair my FitBit to my S9+ through the app. It was working fine, but now it won't sync, so I uninstalled the app and removed the device, now I'm trying to add it back in, and it is paired on my phone, but will not add back into the app as a device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes