Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692
Spoiler
I've been having the same issue with my Versa and Galaxy S9 since last summer! Fitbit support has been no help. They just keep telling me to do the same things over and over again. Don't get your hopes up that the problem will get fixed. Really frustrating! 
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's sad. I have been otherwise very happy as the database of food and exercise has helped me improve my health immensely. This has been my only issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Welshter and @Montmark94533. Hello @KRPE, and @Lavery51.

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the matter. We definitely understand how frustrating this can be.

As it has been mentioned before, it is very possible that this situation is related to Android 9 and not the S9 or the Fitbit itself. Our team is looking into the situation.

I'd like to thank you all for trying all of the different steps that have been recommended through this thread and sharing that they have not worked.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all that's needed and mine is still not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine started working after the latest update of both Samsung and Fitbit...every other day anyway.

...from Mark P Montemayor on Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried over and over. The only way I can get it to sync is manually.
At the end of each day take out the battery and put it back in. I just
have given up. Looking for a different brand to sync with my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can not sync my zip to Samsung galaxy s9. I set it up on computer because it couldn't find it on my phone. Got it set up on phone.  But it won't sync steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes this is a known issue with latest samsung IOS and fitbit.. it doesnt sync.. i have to take my battery out every night for it to sync.. looking into another tracker that does sync instead of fitbit brand.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since my phone did the updates my ionic does not connect to my S9+. That has been since late March early April. When can I expect this to change? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, is any make of fitbit compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S9+? I used the samsung watch over the past year and wanting to make the switch back over to fitbit. Thanking you in advance !

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had three versions of Fitbit and am very much a fan of my current model, Blaze.  I had a lot of trouble syncing initially when I upgraded my Samsung phone to a 9+ however this seems to have settled.  It sometimes takes a while to sync but is mostly pretty good.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate you answering my question! Thank you!
Deborah 

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
My son set up the Fitbit to the computer first. Now it updates to my phone.
Usually at night
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Ionic and a Galaxy S9 Plus phone. Everything is working but notifications for my text messages. How Can I get this working? I have done everything I have found on the internet and it still isnt working. HELP!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really upset, since I have a Galaxy 10 now, and I had no idea that it would not work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes and unfortunately they mark this issue as result when it's really not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Samsung s9 is STILL not syncing. I have been back and forth with fitbit via twitter for months. I am so sad and frustrated. Am I alone in this? Do you have any new suggestions???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely NOT alone in this.. very frustrating to say the least. Fitbit keeps saying a fix is in progress but never see fixes. I was taking my battery out every other day to sync for the brief 5 min it connected. Lately I have been using my laptop windows apps and usb to sync while at work.. Christmas will bring Samsung watch so bye bye fitbit. Ridiculous that that cant fix it after over a year!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry but so tired of the same canned bs response from fitbit. Sad.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so angry and annoyed and cant believe Fitbit won't do anything to help. I haven't been able to use my Fitbit since October. I've been in touch with Fitbit constantly and they do NOTHING to help. I want a Samsung watch so bad but they are so expensive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes