Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692
Exactly, I would wait. Hopefully Fitbit gets the S9 added to there allowable devices. 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's how I finally got Alta HR to sync and send messages to my S9+. On my old phone or other device I uninstalled Fitbit app. Next uninstall and re installed Fitbit app to new phone. then resync Alta HR as new fitbit with it's charger to get the Fitbit code. I also restarted the S9+ but don't remember at what point, as I worked on this a few hours. Haven't tried to sync to car yet. I sure hope this helps someone else cause I was going to return my phone Thursday. good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please let us know how you go with the Alta( if you find your charger that
is).Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sync but I can't receive text messages. Explain what you did please. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
hi, first uninstall fitbit app from all devices especially old phone. Reinstall fitbit to s9. plug in fitbit to charger. In fitbit app, tell it to replace Alta HR with new. your fitbit will have 4 digit code. enter code it should resync. if not restart phone.
I was ready to return my phone.
hope this works for you too.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, where do I find the code?I am afraid of I uninstall the alta  app I will loose everything.  Can you help please. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the charge 2 and mine showed up on my fitbit screen.
Best Answer
0 Votes

you won't lose anything. when you log back in all your info will be there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

when you log back into your fitbit acct. all your stats will be there.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I will give it a go.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still don't get messages, that seems broken still.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 does not automatically sync with the app. I uninstalled and re installed the app. I also restarted my Galaxy S9 plus. If I go in the app and tell it to sync it will do it. I have all day sync turned on yet it does not automatically sync. I have to tell it to do it manually. Fitbit engineers please get on the stick and get this working. We collectively pay your salary so please get this solved.  The S9 is virtually identical to the S8 so I don't understand why this is so difficult for you. 

Best Answer
I believe the trick for me....
I uninstalled the Fitbit app from my old phone and new phone. Installed the Fitbit app to new phone....again.Log into your Fitbit acct. In the app I told fitbit I was syncing a new device. It may ask you to remove the fitbit you're trying to sync. I put my Alta HR on the charger then Fitbit app sends code to your fitbit, you enter that number on your phone. Your fitbit and phone need to be close to each other. Also I may have restarted my phone at some point. Hope it works for you too.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked just fine.  I plugged into charger- added new device and sent code to AltaHR synced right away. 
Not getting notifications on phone app but I'm ok until it's fixed

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've found a way to get it to sync. Even though your fitbit is disconnected from the old device you have to turn off the Bluetooth on the old device, then search for it on the new one and it will allow you to pair 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you still have you're old phone remove fitbit app and turn off bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How i tried several time im sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

That answer is terrible. I never would have bought my fitbit had I know it wasn't compatible. What a waste of money. Fitbit, it seems underhanded that you would claim your device is compatible with Android if it is not. Terrible business practice. 

Best Answer

I am pretty upset that the blaze can not sync with my Sony. Bought the blaze because of its capabilities. Useless blaze! 

Best Answer
0 Votes