Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense - Notification Service Not Running

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every day, my notifications stop, and I see the message saying "Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notification on your tracker" when I click on the Sense in the app. I am using an android phone. My apps are not optimized. I've restarted my phone numerous times. I've reinstalled the app. I've cleared the cache and storage. However, every single day, I am blessed with the message of my notification service failure. Why is this happening? I can't possibly be expected to clear the cache and restart my phone every time this garbage occurs (which, once again, is daily). I believe that this started with the latest update, prior to that it was working fine. I'm sorry for the tone of this message, I'm beyond frustrated.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hi, I am facing similar issue. Got into this thread and followed some of steps, restart, reset etc. But nothing working. I am using Redmi note 8 pro , android version 10 and fitbit sense. 

Please help in trouble shooting. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @Pawansax.

Thanks for sharing these details with me, and your efforts while troubleshooting your Sense. As mentioned above, this issue is currently affecting Huawei users and our team is currently working to get it fixed. Because you have a different phone's model, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can look into your details and provide you with further assistance. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and don't forget to share all the steps you've tried so far.

Best Answer

So I think its pretty crappy that FITBIT app is not compatible with older phones so therefore people can not use the app to its full capacity as others. My mother has an older phone as she is a senior and does not need all the bells and whistles. Got her the versa and she can no longer get notifications to her versa because her phone is not the high tech android. I think its time to forget about FITBIT and look into other options. Very disappointed in FITBIT to say the least. 

Best Answer

@ChrisF72 if she still has the fitbit app on here phone, notifications should work.

I would make sure that the phone is not set to auto update the fitbit app. 

As for notifications. I would 

Restart the phone and the fitbit tracker. 

How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer

Hi there, @ChrisF72@Rich_Laue Thanks for stopping by to help our friend.

@ChrisF72 Thanks for the details provided and your efforts while working on this matter. Before anything else, I'd like to clarify that the Fitbit app was optimized to work on mobile devices that meet the requirements as this will ensure the full performance of our Fitbit devices.

I understand where you're coming from and while the Fitbit app cannot be installed in non-compatible devices, if the Fitbit app is still installed, some features such as the notifications should continue correctly. As @Rich_Laue mentioned, I'd also recommend following the tips described in the post above.

On the other hand, if your mother has a Huawei device and she's getting the error message reported in this thread, let me share our team is aware of this issue and they're working to get this resolved. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and I appreciate the time taken in sharing your feedback. Please know it hasn't gone unnoticed and will help us to keep our team informed of this situation.

Best Answer

Hello, I see you’ve been super helpful and informative so far. I very recently bought my partner the versa 2, she has a Huawei P30 Pro and is experiencing the same problem. Just figured I’d let you know so you can pass this along to the team investigating it.

We was thinking of returning it but I’m assuming as the problem is with the phone a Versa 3 would be the same.

Is there any chance of getting an update on where the team investigating is at with everything? Maybe a estimated date of some updates that may fix the issue?

Thank you.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @DBarker96.

Thanks for joining this thread and letting us know about your partner's device. Currently this issue is affecting Huawei devices regardless of the Fitbit device linked to the account, so the same might happen if you get the Versa 3 or another one. I apologize for this inconvenience and while there isn't a time frame for the fix, please know our team is working hard in order to get this resolved soon. Once we receive more details, we'll update this thread. In the meantime, my best advice is to keep the Fitbit app updated as some bug fixes are released through updates.

Best Answer

i just moved moved Fitbit app from memory card back to internal storage like you said restarted both phone and tracker and all is good now! i'm using android phone.

Best Answer

Yea @jrleo13 the fitbit app needs to be run in the background. Android can not run in the background, apps stored on external memory

Best Answer

Hi there, @jrleo13@Rich_Laue Thanks for helping our members.

@jrleo13 Thanks for taking the time to try those steps on your own. I'm glad your Sense is receiving your notifications correctly and I'm sure your post will help other members visiting the Community. As our friend mentioned, please take in mind that the Fitbit app needs to run in the background to ensure the performance of certain features such as notifications. You can always learn more about this here.

Best Answer

Omg! Yes soooo frustrating, I've done ALL that's been suggested, and it will work for a while then turn off again! Ridiculously irritating!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @Calvinelsa.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Sense prior to posting. I understand how frustrating this can be and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Because your post didn't mention, may I know the model of your device? Let me share our team is aware of this error message displayed when syncing a Fitbit device with a Huawei phone, and they're working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

On the other hand, if you have a different phone's model and you've tried every suggested step including the ones described in my previous post, I'd recommend contacting our Support team so they can provide you with assistance. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Redmi 8 pro . Everyday notification gets stopped. Fitbit versa 3 is of no use , just a time show watch 

Tried all these. Work for a day or till phone is within range. Once phone is away from Fitbit,after that even if I bring phone in Fitbit range , all notification gets stopped. Or if I make my phone flightnode at night , when make it normal mode in day , Fitbit notification gets stopped!! Very frustrating 

Hi @LizzyFitbit , can you please give me a permanent solution on how to keep notification on all the time & never get message " notification service has been stopped"

Every single day I have to force stop Fitbit app or do Bluetooth connection etc etc to get notification. Can I visit any store to show the issue ? 

Hi @LizzyFitbit , is the issue still not resolved. Can any trackers update help to resolve notification issue. I have redmi8 pro. Frustrated of using Fitbit versa 3 as notification stops everyday 

Best Answer

@Anujita Welcome to the forums. I will gladly help you with the notification service of the Fitbit app.

Earlier on this thread I was able to find the following suggestion. Make sure that the app is in the internal storage. It seemed to have helped other users. 

I also recommend that you try the tips in the following article: . Pleas make sure that the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background. Else the connections will be interrupted automatically by your Android device: 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes