Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data with new layout

I suppose there was an update. The app presents sleep data differently.  Have others noticed this?

I miss seeing how long episodes of awake, light, REM and deep sleep are

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
781 REPLIES 781

My thoughts exactly.  This is my last Fit Bit if they do not change it back to the old sleep data presentation 

It's basically useless to me now. I think there are other fitness watches out there that can give me what I want. It's very easy to beat this new sleep app data presentation

All the complaints are recorded right here for the public and customer service to see. They can decide whether or not whether they want to address them or lose their loyal customers

Best Answer

@Rich_laute truth hurts Rich or? Especially then you are wrong over and over, by the way the time fitbit had millions of active user are over, thanks to google desaster redesign here but keep pretending the user complaining here, are the problem. Always a good approach to stay in your echo chamber.

@Rich_laute ir in short "Fitbit, unfit for purpose"

Best Answer

I think they are trying to force us to upgrade and pay more...each time I try to the info about my sleep that I used to get, I get a prompt for upgrade to Fit Bit premium plus or something for $XX a month

Best Answer

New sleep tracking is terrible. It is not always accurate and the optics are not user friendly. As you can see by the all the forum comments, loyal Fitbit users prefer the old display. If the recent release stays, the Fitbit will be retired. The Apple Watch sleep is just as ugly but the watch is more functional. You decide Fitbit developers. 

Best Answer

5,000 votes ,quite clear majority (>80%) doesn't like the sleep update, seems @Rich_laute is in the minority in saying it's only a few user who are critical abd don't like it...

Screenshot_20240425_210552_Samsung Internet.jpg

Best Answer

Linz16, while it was a wholesale delete festival for the thread covering that disastrous September "update," Rodrigo in monitoring this thread appears very accommodating of what is truly righteous anger and dismay.  I've personally written several pointedly detailed and critical notes that would have disappeared on that thread almost as I saved them that are still posted here.  There have been a couple people who repeatedly posted the same comment one after another and their comments were not removed or at least totally deleted.  I wrote one comment to the Rich dude who is the singular cheerleader for this update as a rebuttal and immediately after posted a follow-up.  The moderator combined those comments which I was actually grateful for his doing.  I truthfully doubt that any comments, well reasoned or not, will alter the thinking of the brain trust driving the new design conception that clearly has failed to understand how real people are using their activity, health, and sleep data and a preferred format for viewing that data that makes easy sense to them.  Given that all of the comments against last September's disaster only yielded getting back the device charge status in percent rather than high, medium, and low, I am not deeply hopeful that there will be much of a response to the clear damage inflicted on the sleep information format.  I've researched other devices and have narrowed it to a couple, definitely no a Pixel product, that my wife and I will be moving to at some point.  After over a decade of good service, even the device catching Afib, across multiple Fitbits, the Charge 5s will be retired.

Best Answer

rcfoulk

I have read the Pixel is a Google device...

Best Answer

I have the premium subscription and it’s no better! In fact I’ve just canecelled it

as I really only have it for the sleep data which is now not user friendly so I may as well save myself the £7.99 per month 

Best Answer

Nawtykitty, that's precisely why I indicated a Pixel would not be considered as a replacement; it is Google's competitive device against Fitbit which clearly is where they intend to drive interest.  They purchased Fitbit likely for both the technology and the user community.  They now own and seem driven to abuse the technology but have done an amazing job of alienating the user community.  That Fitbit is no longer sold off-shore and the majority of staff was laid off along with the Fitbit founder, the handwriting on the wall is coming into clear focus.  Minimally I suspect the UI for Pixel would be similar if not identical to what has been done to Fitbit.  But the bottom line is that I would never again trust a Google product, phone, smart watch and not even their search engine.

Best Answer

100% agree. Horrible layout. Horrible colors. I'm done with Fitbit. It was great but the "improvements" have ruined it. 

Best Answer

I want to go back to the old sleep display. I've tried to get used to the new one, and frankly, it's terrible. Is there a way to go back? If not soon, I'll probably switch brands because sleep tracking is one of my top features, and is it impossible to get what I need with weird new readings. 

Best Answer

Nowadays, there are rings too. I'm glad my Fitbit is 4 years old and ready to be replaced. Every third party app Google buys and "fixes", goes to heck. And I'm a Pixel owner! Adding alternative color interfaces to Finite is one thing. Taking away the horizontal display of Sleep Stages where we could see the precise times for wakings, etc., reduces our data and shoves it into a two inch wide display we can't see. Yuk.

Best Answer

The sleep display is terrible! There are no times of sleep. The white is difficult to read. There is no separate display for deep or REM sleep.

Best Answer

Thank you, for summarizing the tragedy we face as USA Consumers. Globalist corporations are not instep with humanitarian values, fairness, truthfulness, honesty, nor a commitment to their Consumers and the Community-at-Large. It is a tragedy that with "billions spent on Bureaucratic Consumer Protection, a company can purchase, and then openly destroy, a healthcare device that has been relyed on by consumers for almost a decade. 

Putting the customer last, should not be a viable business strategy.

Best Answer

I have been lying on the bed awake for an hour and Fitbit just logged as deep sleep!  

Best Answer

We hand over our entire sleep and daily movement data to Google and if we want it in blue and red with clear time markings and a horizontal orientation, what's the big whoop? I'm getting tired of Google and Pixel trying to own our thinking and gaslighting us with 'we know best'. I'm about to head back to Samsung, Duck Duck Go, and a ring with no subscription to measure steps and tell me how long I slept. I don't need badges and Spotify.

Yes, it is.

Best Answer

I don't like this new version at all!

There's so many things wrong with it.

Every single time they update, it solves nothing! It creates more issues.

It wasn't broke many updates ago. You've "fixed it" too many times. I'm done. 

Now I'm at the point that I really don't like any of the devices. 

Best Answer

Totally agree with you!

Best Answer

There's 3 "times" at the bottom of my graph and I have no idea what they are or where exactly they go. Clear as mud! 

Best Answer

Do NOT like the new sleep data layout at all!! Am definitely looking at other fitness wearables.

Best Answer