Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data with new layout

I suppose there was an update. The app presents sleep data differently.  Have others noticed this?

I miss seeing how long episodes of awake, light, REM and deep sleep are

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
634 REPLIES 634

Totally agree with you. Change doesn't bother me normally but this is just awful. It's virtually impossible to read and understand. Too much info on one page. Please revert back , I think there is enough support on this forum for you to realise that it's not a good look.

Best Answer

I just today had to update my app.today. I am very disappointed in this new update! It used to be so easy to use and read the sleep scores . Now it reads like a formal medical graph. Not user friendly at all. I am using the Fitbit premium right now but will cancel soon. I’m hoping when I cancel the graphs and how they look will be much easier to read. I don’t see anywhere to make adjustments . Come on folks( google) this app was enjoyable and easy to get around . You know the old saying@ if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.!” Why do you always feel the need to change things when they were so easy to use. I mainly use the sleep app. Now I feel I have to read medical records just to see my sleep log/ session. I haven’t even looked at how the steps are going to play out . Im a pretty computer savy 74 year woman . I just like to see the sleep graph with these older eyes a bit easier. Not all those think the lines y ou just added are helpful info. A little help here , also you folks sitting at your computers and thinking this stuff up, we are not all 25 year olds! Older folks have lots of issues with sleep, so let’s help them to read those kooky graphs you just forced on all of us!There are still a lot of seniors using your product and I’ll guarantee you just did not make their day!! It’s also almost impossible to put your fingers on the sleep graph , to read sleep stages and numbers. To finicky, it’s a long thinnnnn line that most of the time doesn’t move. This new look of the sleep graph is ridiculous . Not user friendly at all.

Best Answer

Absolutely hate this new graph! Why would they change such a good thing? Tempted to switch to something else now after years of different fitbits. 

Best Answer

The new sleep layout SUCKS.

Best Answer

Couldn't agree more. Well said that lady !!

Best Answer

I hate the new layout.  It actually took AWAY data.  

Fitbit -- PLEASE bring back the interactive feature where you can tap on your overall sleep timeline (REM, deep, etc) and get.hover information on exact times of the night.  For example, I want to be able to tap and hold on any stretch of being awake and see the TIMESTAMPS (e.g. awake 12:11 - 12:15 am, or REM 2:15 - 2:35 am, awake 2:35 - 2:40, light 2:40 - 3 am....etc.).

I also hate the non-dark color scheme, the lack of ability to isolate each sleep stage, and the nonsensical difficulty of editing sleep -- but the removal of timestamp hover information is my biggest issue.  Seems this entire BS redesign was to push "premium" by making your "sleep animal" much more prominent on the fitbit home dashboard. It certainly wasn't to make more data more visible (it actually took away insights).  This was not designed for the user, but for the marketing team to drive premium subscriptions.

Best Answer

I DO NOT like the feedback about sleep. The other format provided more specific information. I understood how the score was created and now I'm not sure. Please fix or go back to other version. It appears I'm not the only one. 

And, it was NOT easy to give this feedback. I don't have Twitter and don't want it and just finding how to send a message about this took way too long.

Best Answer

And the Benchmark doesn't show a Benchmark!!!  I HATE these changes, I use a Charge 2

Best Answer

yes, it suggests BENCHMARKS, but then doesn't display like the old version did.

Best Answer

Same…I feel like the ease of viewing and the aesthetics of the app have taken a step backwards. 

Best Answer

Please please please do. I just bought this Versa 4 because it claimed to have more sensitive trackers for sleep and now it's totally messed up. I thought it could possibly be something with my new phone and then "Googled" issue with sleep data on fit bit and found this plethora of people that hate this "upgrade".  Can I have my money back on this Versa 4?

Best Answer

I am also not happy about the upgrade.   It is very difficult to read and the color graph was a lot easier to understand.  Is there a way that I can revert to the old graphic display

Best Answer

When I press "Benchmark" instead of showing me actual benchmark data to which I can compare my sleep, NOW pressing benchmark shows me my last night data. This is pretty much worthless and takes another feature away from the sleep section; the ability to compare my data to benchmark. What is going on over there at FitBit? What is the strategy for this change? 

Best Answer
Hi, yeah, good luck on your money back…unless you go to the vender and it’s within 30 days or something like that.

We’re stuck with a fairly good product that met many of our needs….now a piece of junk…on top of that I even have a cracked screen that can’t be repaired. They need to create an update that takes us back in time…but, then, they need to be that kind of company…and they’re not. ☹

Good luck
Best Answer
No, we have to rely on the company's goodwill. They don't care.
Best Answer

New sleep app has made my Fitbit useless. I have poor vision and cannot read any information. Layout is terrible!!!

Best Answer

The new sleep graphic is abominable. It's dull. It doesn't give you the information you need quickly, it's also bland you can't tell the difference between the colors and the different sleep cycles. It's very generic and ugly and unusable. And please go back to the  old sleep graphic. It was just fine. In fact it was exceptional. I could read it. I could know how I slept. Why did you change it? What AI graphic did you get a hold of? Please please please get rid of this graphic. It sucks. Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Word choice 

Best Answer

I also don't have the best of vision. It seems that minor handicaps like poor vision were not a concern for google

Best Answer

The revised Sleep App report is inferior to the previous version. The geometric graph is much harder to read. Some of the stats get lost within the graph making it hard to read them. 
The “benchmark” tab no longer actually gives the benchmark data. It only gives the wearers percentage of sleep stage. Did the designer of the new app know what Benchmark means?  
Please reinstate the previous version of the sleep app in its’ entirety. There is nothing better in the new app. Thank you. 

Best Answer

Please change it back!

Best Answer