Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps on Android Pie higher than actuall on load

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm running the Fitbit Android so on a Pixel 2 XL running Android Pie.  When I load the Fitbit app it will show around 11k steps then it will show around 5k steps (actual).

See version info in images.

1723433647.png

Screenshot_20181118-181001.png

Screenshot_20181118-180901.png

Initial loadInitial load

After a bitAfter a bit

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @jbgAZ.

Thanks for sharing those screenshots and all of that information with us.

Was there a point where you did reach that number of steps? It is possible that the app is leading information for that other day and then correcting itself. Let's try to clear the app's cache. You can do so by going into the phone's settings and going into the app's settings. There, look for the Fitbit app and clear the cache. Then restart the phone and open the app again and see if this happens again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So this didn't fix it, and your link to accept your post as a solution looks like a checkbox, so I tried to uncheck it, and marked it as the accepted solution. There is something corrupting the cache, and after getting my replacement charge 3 hasn't helped.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jbgAZ.

Thanks for trying the steps I recommended and letting me know they didn't work.

I'd like to ask you a few questions to better understand what is going on:

• Is it always the same numbers? 
  • How often does it happen? Is it daily?
  • Is any of the numbers shown accurate or are both wrong?

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope both of the numbers increment with my steps, but one of them is much larger I have seen upwards of 150k steps for the day when I was under 7k. noticed it much more when was only using mobile tracker, since couldn't connect my charge 3 when it failed. Yes, I was seeing it many times per dayDec

Screenshot_20181209-183302.png

Screenshot_20181209-183309.png

Screenshot_20181209-191254.png

Screenshot_20181205-065435.png

Screenshot_20181205-065519.png

Dec 5th 6:55 AMDec 5th 6:55 AM

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jbgAZ.

Thanks for sharing those screenshots and details.

I'd recommend that you try to remove MobileTrack from your account and check if this continues to happen after the fact. You can remove MobileTrack by going into your account's settings by tapping on the top-right corner on the app.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes