Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synching problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not gonna say my device doesn't synch because it does. It's just rarely. I seem to spend most of my time on the app just trying to make it sync and most of the time it doesn't. I try fiddling with the notification settings, I try logging out, it try switching on and off Bluetooth and even re installing the app. Still just doesn't comply. Then all of a sudden it randomly decides it's gonna work fine for a while and then it stops again. Any idea what can be causing this?

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142

Hi, @Rickycharge2! I don't have any answers for you, but I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. A lot of people are having the same issues. I'm actually using an old phone with an old version of the app to get mine to sync! Hang in there, hopefully the issues will be resolved soon.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

mine has not synced in 5 days now. getting fed up with it now. has done this since I got it in Nov 2016. after its first update. thinking it' now a wasterisk of £90.

Best Answer

Thanks thats actually better than a solution. At least now I know it's not me and hopefully it will resolve itself when Fitbit gets on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No syncing happening here either. I'm gonna delete app and reload. But I am extremely disappointed with this. A lot of money wasted once this gets relegated to a junk drawer. 😑

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue. I'm finding that everytime I want to sync I have to unpair my device, re-start my phone, then re-pair my device. Otherwise when I try to sync it just doesn't, or gives me the "wrong PIN or passcode" message. I have restarted my fitbit, have the updated app, and unpaired and re-paired at least once a day for the past 2 weeks. And many times when I try to pair again with my phone it struggles finding the fitbit. I almost wonder if there's something wrong with the fitbit since my phone is able to connect with all other bluetooth devices easily.

Best Answer

Ugh mine hasnt synced in 5 days im so frustrated with it 

Best Answer

I've actually just come to this forum, for exactly this issue. Mone started about a week ago, saying there was an issue with Bluetooth. I switched that off and back on, restarted my phobe. Same problem and it's got worse. It nownhasn't synched for about 4 days. I'm pretty sure all this trouble started after the last update. It was perfectly fine before and I've had my Fitbit for almost a year and never had this issue. Hoping there'll be a "fix" soon. Glad imI not alone in this as well. 

Best Answer

Having the same issue.  I updated my Ionic last night and haven't been able to sync since.  

Best Answer

My fitbit one has not synced since Jan. I have tried doing everything suggested with no luck. Given that so many of us are having this problem I would have thought fitbit would do something about fixing their system. It can't be our fault when so many of us  have tried to solve the syncing issue with no result! We all have different phones and devices so the problem must be with fitbit! As someone said - is this just going to be something to relegate to the bin? I hope not. Fitbit - are you listening? 

Best Answer

anI live in UK so am not prepared to call fitbit customer services in USA there doesn't seem to be an alternative way to get in touch. I have had problems with this thing since its first update in 2016. a reply from itbit would be good, and should have been given as a coutesy. 

Best Answer

i have deleted app off and reinstall it. nothings working

Best Answer

I biked in total 30 km yesterday  but after syncing it only shows a total of 3ish km 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never had syncing problems until February 1.  Have not been able to sync in 3 weeks.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled with no positive results.  Also stopped by my ATT store and had them check my phone.  No issues with the phone.  Based on syncing problems that are posted by many Fitbit owners , there must be a real issue that needs to be addressed.  Really like my Blaze, but not happy with the continued syncing problem.

Best Answer

Fit it has not synced since February 1st either  .seems to be a fitbit issue!!! So very frustrating!! Come on fitbit!

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for chiming in and sharing your concerns and your experience.

I'd like to ask a few questions to better understand the situation. Are you getting an error message when you try to sync? If so, what does it say?

Additionally, please make sure that you are using a compatible device. When a phone is not compatible, we cannot guarantee that the syncing will work correctly because the app is not fully optimized for that phone. 

If you're phone is compatible, please try these steps in order to get it to sync correctly.

If there are any questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Hi, my phone and tablet are compatible. The fitbit has been a problem since November 2016, after its very first update. The most regular notice I get is about blue tooth being off when it is already on. Since Feb 9th it stopped syncing. It has randomly updated a bit of information, all being a fraction of what I had walked. An hour ago it decided to update again still not a totally true reading of steps. It's not recorded sleep pattern for a while either. Quite frankly it's getting to be a pain unpairing and repairing other blue tooth things.
Best Answer
Powered down my phone for the night.  Turned on this morning and it finally did sync.  Good result for now.  Thank you for your response.

Sent from the Yahoo Mail app. Get yours!
Best Answer

After no changes to any settings, it suddenly started synching again Saturday. It's still synching so far. I'm not sure what's going on. Bit this should be more reliable and consistent. 

Best Answer

Hey @JCII@caro2000uk and @SunsetRunner.

@SunsetRunner and @JCII, those are some great news. Glad to know that everything is working correctly for you.

@caro2000uk I'd recommend that you try to restart your Fitbit. That should help it begin working correctly. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes