Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synching problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not gonna say my device doesn't synch because it does. It's just rarely. I seem to spend most of my time on the app just trying to make it sync and most of the time it doesn't. I try fiddling with the notification settings, I try logging out, it try switching on and off Bluetooth and even re installing the app. Still just doesn't comply. Then all of a sudden it randomly decides it's gonna work fine for a while and then it stops again. Any idea what can be causing this?

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142

So pleased it's not just me and that I found this discussion.  Yep - mine has stopped syncing for about a week now.  I have to keep disconnecting it from Bluetooth and restarting Bluetooth to make it work but getting fed up of having to keep doing this. I thought it might have been my phone for a minute or the fact that I know have my new Tom Tom Sat Nat set up on Bluetooth (as it seemed to coincide with this) but can see now that this is an issue that, hopefully, will be resolved soon.

Best Answer

Obviously not. Mine synced but only have me 250 steps instead of 5000. So since that day 16th Feb nothing's working again. Wish I could get my £90 back!

Best Answer

I have tried everything on that list!!!! Even to the point of trying every socket ihave, plus other computers. Tried everything on the forum site too. If came alive 1 time on 16. Then its like a dodo. Can't get it to register anything. After a year of non syncing its proving to be a very bad piece of equipment that cost me £90/ S150

Best Answer

Hello @StephyCara thank you for joining us on this thread, I would recommend to try @LanuzaFitbit's recommendation here or the following troubleshooting steps: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

@caro2000uk if you are still experiencing troubles to sync, lets give it a try to these suggestions:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you later and hope this get you back on track.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi @RobertoME.  I have tried everything on the list and the fixes you suggested with regards to clearing cache and force stopping the app but still is not picking up the sync.  My way around it (for the time being) is to keep restarting and unlinking Bluetooth.  Not ideal but what can I do.  This is definitely a fairly new issue that has arisen has I've had various Fitbits over the past few years and not had this issue before.  Not sure if it's an udpate to the app that is needed but definitely something needs to be done.

Best Answer
Sorry followed instructions 2 times. Nothing changed. Getting really fed up now.
Best Answer

I am having the same issue however my phone finds my tracked and syncs and works fine for a few days and then randomly unsyncs from my phone but my phone still has it in the paired devices. I then have to restart my phone and go through the whole set up process again which is majorly frustrating, never had this issue when on ios but now major issues now I have come back to android. 

Best Answer

Guys I have even just bought a brand new phone and the problem still persists! Downloaded the app just before noon and didn't get a single sync all day until it finally started to work fine between 6-7 (always seems to be around this time) only to not work again after that. It's definitely the app and not our phones. 

Best Answer
My phone is brand new too 😞 month old if that and it syncs for half a day and then cuts out again. Frustrating

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone
Best Answer

Well I emailed fitbit earlier, I'm still awaiting a reply. If they can't sort something out or at least tell me they are working on it I'm taking my fitbit back and getting a garmin. 

Best Answer

I've had problems exactly like that for about a week. When I talk to support, they just recommend all the unpairing and resetting actiions,  which work but it shouldn't be necessary every day, or even frequently. I think there's a Fitbit systems problem they need to resolve asap.

Best Answer

I've owned a Charge HR, a blaze and now this is my third fitbit device, a Ionic, and my experience with sync has still been the same: horrible. Why should I have to worry whether my watch is syncing or not. Why does syncing have to be a exercise. I am ready to compromise some battery life if I get a more reliable sync with my device. Even after being a loyal customer for long enough, I am starting to get frustrated now as the software does not improve. 

It takes forever to sync, when I say sync now. Takes forever to change time to a different time zone when I am traveling. Takes excruciating amount of time when changing clock faces. And connected GPS with the blaze is a nightmare, I've only managed to get it connected a few times. I don't want to spend first 10 minutes of my work out just staring at my watch trying to connect the **ahem** thing. 

And I am sure its not just me, its thousands of users who face this problem. There are so many threads with syncing issues. Do the "All day sync" and "Always connected" options in the app actually work. I've always kept them on and syncing is still a nightmare. This is now a tipping point for me and I'll probably change the way I track my fitness activities. 

Best Answer

I completely agree... this was seamless until about 1 week ago..Now it's a struggle

Best Answer

I've had my Charge 2 since September... all was working fine until about a week or 10 days ago...When I start a 'walk'  the Charge 2 shows a rectangular icon and says to check the phone.. the phone (android) has a red error dot across from  the 'sync' ... If I touch that, it starts to 'sync' for 30-40 minutes!!  If I turn off Bluetooth, and turn it back on, it starts to sync again -- finally accomplishes that about 4 minutes later.

This is GOT to be a fitbit issue...since my was working flawlessly for months.

Best Answer

I having trouble getting my Fitbit to sync. I have tried restarting my Fitbit,  restarting my phone, turning Bluetooth off and on, checking to make sure my OS is up-to-date, nothing works. My location settings are all on, the sync all day settings are also on. When I uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app it will sync once then no longer sync. Now it says it cannot connect to my Bluetooth, however when I attempt to connect to One (my Fitbit) it says the pairing is rejected by One.  Help?

Best Answer

The re synching lasted a day. Its now gone back to the "synch error" please try again later. This is ridiculous. I followed all of the previous steps. I think this issue needs to be taken more seriously and a fix looked into ASAP. If I I could afford to, I'd switch from Fitbit as reliability and stability are more important. 

Best Answer

@TreagusI have a late 2016 Sony and no real issues.. Android V8.0.0. If the sync appears slow/just wheeling around from grey to green, I turn off the Bluetooth on the phone.. Wait for the red dot/exclamation mark, tap that, and give Fitbit permission to open Bluetooth. It then syncs, but still takes just over a minute..

If the syncing stops it can only be the Bluetooth which means turning the Ionic off could help.

My daily procedure is

• Turn the phone on  when I awake
  • Check my emails Smiley Frustrated 46 emails from Fitbit this morning...
  • The Ionic starts to get the emails and I know it will sync.
  • Open the Fitbit App, sometimes its already partially synced.
  • When that happens, I know that because I look at the PC Dashboard and Sleep will normally be there.
  • I then wait for the phone to catch up on the return journey for Sleep and RHR
  • If it hasn't synced I will turn off Bluetooth etc..as in the opening para

My settings are for the Ionic are

• All day sync = OFF
  • Always Connected = ON
  • Keep-Alive Widget = ON

My settings are for the One are

• All day sync = OFF
  • Always Connected = OFF
  • Keep-Alive Widget = ON

The One always syncs easier than the Ionic.. I use these in multi mode and for testing I had the maximum of 5 Fitbits in multi mode paired.

But I feel helpless trying to help others because I have negligible issues..  I can only post what works for me.. I must admit that I do turn the Ionic off occasionally, when the Fitbit One is about 1,000+ steps ahead because I have been shopping. with trolleys. I wear both concurrently. I simulate swapping the Fitbits..by then turning the Ionic off via the settings, sync the One and then turn the Ionic back on and sync it.. I always pickup those extra steps. I may do the reverse if the Ionic is ahead in steps..

@Treaguswrote:
My phone is brand new too 😞 month old if that and it syncs for half a day and then cuts out again. Frustrating

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody, I been reviewing your posts and it seem despite trying the previous troubleshooting steps the issue keep persisting with syncing. So in this case make sure to review your mobile devices are listed as compatible here and for those who hasn't tried yet the steps, take a look at this article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Also Make sure the Fitbit app is running in the latest version, which at the date of this post is 2.66.

If by checking all the previous suggestion the issue continue, please let me know which Android device are you using and the tracker you have paired.

I'll be looking forward to your responses. See you soon!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first two days I  had mine it synced beautifully and Bonnie suddenly on day three in having the same issue. I also tried turning on and off Bluetooth, changing sync from all day to off, unpair and repairing the device, unpairing my old one - not even in the building I'm in. All to no avail! 

Best Answer

Starting this weekend, things started working for me again. Hopefully the rest of you will have simlar luck soon! I wold definitely try restarting your phone and clearing the cache and data on your app. Just note that if you do the latter, you'll need to add all the permissions back to the app to get notifications up and running again, too.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes