Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synching problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not gonna say my device doesn't synch because it does. It's just rarely. I seem to spend most of my time on the app just trying to make it sync and most of the time it doesn't. I try fiddling with the notification settings, I try logging out, it try switching on and off Bluetooth and even re installing the app. Still just doesn't comply. Then all of a sudden it randomly decides it's gonna work fine for a while and then it stops again. Any idea what can be causing this?

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142
I'm not sure where I go to find the version number of the App. I'll google
that.

My problem seems to be when I start the 'walk'. and it tries to sync during
and after.

Samsung S7

Rhonda
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of the suggestions and my Fitbit still won't sync. I never had an issue with my Flex but I got the Alta HR and It's nothing but a headache. My phone is a Samsung galaxy S7 Edge. I'm to the point where I won't even recommend a Fitbit to anyone. Why can't this be fixed?

Best Answer

I did 16k steps it didn't synch. I shouldn't have updated!

Best Answer

I've tried logging in and out, powering off both phone and blaze and still couldn't get it to sync. Then it finally just randomly synced when I was doing something else. Glad it's not just me, but this is getting old folks. Fix the problem. 

Best Answer
If you go to the settings on your phone and look at the list of all your
apps, you will find the Fitbit app and you can click on that to open. At
the top, it shows what version you have.If it's not the most recent one,
you can uninstall the app from your phone and when you put it on again, it
will be most recent version. You can also just "update" on some phones but
my Galaxy Note didn't let me do that.
Hope that helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know. My husband wanted  fitness tracker and I didn't buy him a Fitbit because of this issue. I wish it would be fixed.

Best Answer
I unpaired the device and reinstalled the software on my phone. That seemed to work. I had to do the same when I had it for a week. I recently updated my app. I wonder if that may have caused it?Stephanie
Best Answer

I am having the same issues

Best Answer

I had to impair the device and delete software off my phone. Then I had to reload software and repair my fitbit. It was a pain, but it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine started having issues after the last update. It just refused to synch
for a whole week or more. I in installed and reinstalled software. Turned
off blu tooth and turned it back on again. Very thing that was suggested.
It didn't help. One day it just started synching again. Then stopped two
days later. It seems to be off and on, with no reason behind it, that I can
pinpoint.
Best Answer

Mine hasn't synched since yesterday! So aggrivating!

Best Answer

My phone says synch is scheduled and in progress.

Best Answer

I am gutted. Purchased a flex 2 on thurs and having waited hours for it to charge it has only connected and synched the once.. seems its not just me... completely pointless device if it doesnt synch.. any ideas if fitbit are addressing the issue otherwise its going back?

Best Answer

I have tried everything you have suggested. it' getting lame now. my fitbit u it said I dad walked over 4000 steps. app says 0 steps

I have unloaded app and reloaded it to no avail. have tried waking it up. recharging battery so that it' full but no its like the dodo. dyadic us! !

Best Answer

hate to tell you but even restarting the fitbit is NOT WORKING. any more ideas?

Best Answer

Fitbit - please deal with this as soon as possible as we've all invested a lot of time in trying to fix this issue but to no avail.

Best Answer

I would call customer service. I need to too because my Alta went black. I plugged it into my charger overnight no avail! Sorry!

Best Answer
I feel like we are stuck with the problem, which continues for me also,
until Fitbit is motivated to actually address it. I'm getting resigned to
the tedious process of turning my bluetooth off and on, restarting my
phone, and trying multiple times to sync. I usually get one sync per day,
but Fitbit has lost my respect in dealing with this. The second support
person I talked to was truly uninformed and only had rote dialogue to
offer. She assumed the problem lay in my laptop which hasn't been a problem
in 8 years.
Thanks for posting. Misery loves company!
Lmil
Best Answer

My Blaze has issues syncing too. I did the fix that I seen on the board. Thinking ok maybe this might work. Nope and I did every fix listed twice. It just added to the frustration.
I did have a dongle and the app and tracker worked great. But lost it and not about to get another one. Good note my other tracker the strap broke when I fell they are replacing it. So I used my blaze thinking ok in the interim this will work and was even considering the ionic. When I had issues with the app the other company gave me fixes that worked. So tick tock as soon as the other one gets here this one is going into the drawer.
Best Answer

My phone like all the others has not synched since Feb 19.  the message is restart blue tooth and then when I  hit restart the message is my phone blue tooth is not activated -- but it is.  I like the others turned bluetooth off, uninstall fitbit app, etc., still not working.  Come on Fitbit!!! Fix it!

Best Answer