Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synching problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not gonna say my device doesn't synch because it does. It's just rarely. I seem to spend most of my time on the app just trying to make it sync and most of the time it doesn't. I try fiddling with the notification settings, I try logging out, it try switching on and off Bluetooth and even re installing the app. Still just doesn't comply. Then all of a sudden it randomly decides it's gonna work fine for a while and then it stops again. Any idea what can be causing this?

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142

Hi there Android friends, I have pass forward to our teams your comments about the syncing troubles you have experiencing. Make sure your mobile devices are listed as compatible, otherwise with a not compatible phone the functionality of the app may not be as is expected, since the app is not optimized to work with the device in questions.

If you are experiencing syncing issues and if you haven't tried it yet, please refer to our article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoMEwrote:

Hi there Android friends, I have pass forward to our teams your comments about the syncing troubles you have experiencing. Make sure your mobile devices are listed as compatible,

Hey @RobertoME, could you spell out for us which phones currently on the market are compatible? I can't find a single one on top of the Samsung S8 and of the S7.

Best Answer

Any hopes of adding Essential phone to the list of compatible devices? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue with blue tooth and that issue is fixed but others
have popped up. Its the dang app. I have been trying to sync for the past
half hour this morning and I am still at it. If you have firmware Version
17.8.4021 your Fitbit will turn into Fit Sit while your trying to sync.
When it does sync. It does it only once example yesterday I know I did at
least 45000 steps but only have 12181 so it did sync once every few days.
Again when I had the dongle and would sync with my PC I had no issues. But
syncing on the phone is a nightmare. I am about ready to get a vivosmart HR
while I am waiting for my replacement vivosmart 3. And end this nightmare.
I could have made it to the store and back and charged the dang thing while
I am waiting for my blaze to sync. As a matter of fact that is exactly what
I am going to do. Had enough of my Fit Sit blaze that only exercises your
patience.
Best Answer
I have done everything, every suggestion and yesterday I was half an hour into my w alj before my Alta HD would sync. I have just about given up on Fitbit.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

I have followed EVERY suggestion. My phone IS compatible. Yesterday I was 25 minutes into my walk before my Alta HD would sync. I am really starting to hate Fitbit.. why can't this be fixed? Never had a problem with the Flex, then I spend more money on a new device and have nothing but problems. This is unacceptable.

Best Answer

I've done everything recommended...EVERYTHING. I'm over it. This is really basic technology and these devices have been out for years. I'm telling anyone I know NOT to purchase these products. What a huge waste of money and time. There are so many other (cheaper) devices out there that actually sync properly. Very disappointed and amazed that this cannot be fixed timely. I've been a customer for years and now I am steering people away from this frustrating product. My phone and other smart watch do what the fitbit does and more so why am I wasting my time troubleshooting, restarting, toggling bluetooth, etc? Get it together Fitbit as you are quickly becoming obsolete.

Best Answer
I'm pretty much ready to call it quits and go with another tracking brand.
Fitbit has really been a disappointment in how they haven't resolved the
issue. I have a Galaxy Note 8, and it IS A COMPATIBLE DEVICE, which Fitbit,
in their patronizing way keeps suggesting we need to use COMPATIBLE
devices. That's not the problem and they are just stalling.
Now, I would really like my money back....
Best Answer

This is definitely a problem between the app and the android OS. Every time my phone updates I lose all ability to sync until a patch is brought out for the app. That and the fact I can't seem to get the dongle to work with my computer it's just frustrating as I love the band when it works.  

Best Answer

Same situation here - I have read every hint/tip and tried everyone of them. nothing is working and the sync will not happen.

I will be looking at another brand and will not recommend fitbit.

Best Answer

Of course we are using devices that are compatible, if you were actually reading our comments and concerns you would have seen that we've all had absolutely NO problems with the syncing till just recently. A device that is not compatible with not just randomly be compatible for a period of time before it stops. It just won't be compatible and we wouldn't be on here complaining about the synching issues... Stop sending us both messages and help us out here. We each spent a pretty penny to have your product, the least you could do is give us more than a web page that doesn't even give troubleshooting options... Step up your game Fitbit or you're gonna start losing valuable customers.

Best Answer

I have firmware version 22.22.4055 or something like that and am struggling. I have an S8, which is compatible, a brand new device, and have taken every suggestion including restarting my device. It worked for a couple days and then it stopped suddenly again this evening around 18:00.

This is most certainly a software issue with the devices or the app.

Best Answer

Mine too, but the it never ends up syncing. Since the Charge 2 didn't come with a dongle and I'm with family I can't exactly go searching for one from a previous Fitbit device for my computer I can't sync it that way either. 

It's so frustrating. I'm not sure what's more frustrating, that I've tried everything they've suggested at least once and am still having problems, or that it was working seamlessly for a couple days then suddenly quit again. 

Best Answer

My fitbit hasn't synced since 1/29 at 12:15 pm. Firmware version 18.128, battery full.  No error message. just continuously circles and says syncing.  It's compatible as I have used it since July 2016 and it was working just fine.  Have tried all the suggestions.  Please help?

Best Answer

Mine syncs sporadically.  Sometimes it will sync by itself.  Sometimes I have to ask for it to sync and it works about 20% of the time.  Sometimes I will do all of the steps and can not get a sync at all.

And then the weirdest one today, I got home from a walk at about 1:45 pm.  at 2:30 the device synced. but the information only half updated.  My steps total was right.  My hourly activity did not show an update since 10 am.  My walk activity had a complete heart rate tracing but no steps and only 30 calories and no active minutes.  It wasnt until I was able to get another sync that it got the right info for the activity

Best Answer

I see the compatibility list only lists MotoG phones from 2013 and 2014, nothing newer. 

Is this a lack of compatibility with current technology or is the list out of date?

Best Answer

my phone is on your compatible list so is my tablet. I have tried all that you have said but the thing WILL NOTRY SYNC. I think it' time for you to either replace it or refund me the moneye I paid for it. I walked 5 thousand steps yesterday and it says 0. it' not even recording Calories used now. 

Best Answer

good luck with that! my device I bought in 2016. it had its 1st update 1 month later and since that time I have had this sync problem. it will sit and spin then say device not found. I checked compatibility before I bought the unit. as far as I can see fitbit just rolls out a standard reply. I don' think they take on board our issues. 

Best Answer

we have done it all. Try passing our texts to the right department... this is getting real annoying really...same news try compatible...we are not stupid..we are not stupid...oh wait.. yes we are cos we bought a Fitbit in the first place! Thought it would be dependable cos of the brand name.. time I think for refunds on this useless items. 

Moderator edit: format  

Best Answer

I tried Roberto's suggestions multiple times and nothing works. I wish the information would be passed along to the right people. Roberto's reply is a canned one, I have seen it over and over again. Fitbit doesn't seem to care about the non syncing issue. I will NEVER purchase another Fitbit and I will be steering everyone I know who wants a fitness tracker away from this brand. I am fed up.

Best Answer