Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synching problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not gonna say my device doesn't synch because it does. It's just rarely. I seem to spend most of my time on the app just trying to make it sync and most of the time it doesn't. I try fiddling with the notification settings, I try logging out, it try switching on and off Bluetooth and even re installing the app. Still just doesn't comply. Then all of a sudden it randomly decides it's gonna work fine for a while and then it stops again. Any idea what can be causing this?

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142

Mine does the same. And once it does sync, it's not always syncing everything. For example, it finally synced this morning, but only my steps, and not my sleep.

Best Answer

I have been at fitbit since Dec 2016! With this sync problem. So my advice is....run back to shop and return it asap!

Best Answer

I was on the phone all night with tec.

Still could not get it to work. It is only 3 weeks old. Worked fine. But, last two days it was slow......then nothing. Red exclamation point. Or can't find tracker, or blue tooth not on. My blue tooth was on

Best Answer

Hi there Android friends. During the last week we started rolling out a new version for the Fitbit app. It will gradually become available to all users as the week goes by; so if the syncing issues persists, please review your Google play store in case you haven't installed this version. For more details please take a look at this post.

If you need to install this version, it might be require to restart the app too. Just Log out from your Fitbit app and restart your phone, once your phone has resume open the Fitbit app and log back in to your accounts.

If the issue continues,  please let me know if you have the new version of the Fitbit app and which model of mobile phone are you using. Keep in mind that not all Android models are compatible so we cannot guarantee the functionality of the app.

See you later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest update seems to have done the trick. I haven't had any trouble syncing since the update.

Best Answer
I have had a few minor problems but mostly I agree that the syncing is
working again and I don't have to go to such lengths as before.
Hope this is a long term solution!
Best Answer

Same problem for me - hasn't synced since 21st February. Very disappointed in it as it had been fine for first 3 months of ownership.

Best Answer
My Fitbit is now back to the blu tooth needing to be turned off and then
back on, to get it to synch, after the latest update. This is worse than
the update patches for mmorpgs which always had bugs. At least the cost was
far less for the mmorpgs software, than buying a Fitbit.
Best Answer

android version 5.0.1, fitbit version 18.128, syncing issues continuous

Best Answer

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app at the latest version. Phone is on Android 7.0. Reconnecting the Charge 2 is just stuck at the pairing code which is correct. So it is more useless now.

Best Answer

Mate 10 pro and Ionic Syncing issues unsolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine too since the last update. . Really annoying g as I'm in a pre op diet and I'm using it as a carb counting tool. It keeps unsyncing my data and re inputting the days before intake together. so annoying. Anyone found a solution yet ? 

Best Answer

mines worked fine since a year ago.  this new update has changed it all. If you read the posts the majority are saying the same. 

Best Answer

As a follow up, my fitbit app updated on Monday, synced on Tuesday and hasn't synced since. Guess I'll have to wait until the contract on my phone runs out and I get a model from the approved list before I can use my fitbit again 😛

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moto G5+  the update made it worse.  It still syncs sporadically and can not be made to sync when its acting up. 

Best Answer

@TishTash59wrote:

As a follow up, my fitbit app updated on Monday, synced on Tuesday and hasn't synced since. Guess I'll have to wait until the contract on my phone runs out and I get a model from the approved list before I can use my fitbit again 😛

Most of the Android phones on the approved list are at least 3 or more years old. So you'll need to find an old azz phone that is still in some kind of decent working order 😱

Best Answer

Got the latest version of tge app still doesnt sync

Think the problem is android i never had any problems with my old iphone

Best Answer
0 Votes

my phone is android the same phone I've always used  without any trouble like this. Maybe it's just the latest up date with with android 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aaaaand it stopped working again. Fitbit needs to get their act together or I'll be switching to different device. I like the Fitbit platform, but it's useless if it doesn't work.

Best Answer

Hi everyone

Same here it's very frustrating it keeps saying your sync has been scheduled and will start soon. So when is soon? I guess it's the same  as how long is a piece of string.

@caro2000ukwrote:

i have deleted app off and reinstall it. nothings working

Best Answer