Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synching problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not gonna say my device doesn't synch because it does. It's just rarely. I seem to spend most of my time on the app just trying to make it sync and most of the time it doesn't. I try fiddling with the notification settings, I try logging out, it try switching on and off Bluetooth and even re installing the app. Still just doesn't comply. Then all of a sudden it randomly decides it's gonna work fine for a while and then it stops again. Any idea what can be causing this?

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142
Yes once they finally updated the app it definitely helped! I've only had
the occasional issue where it won't sync for several hours, but then it
sorts itself out.

Unfortunately, I lost some of my data for the 3 days it wouldn't sync prior
to the update, and am VERY irritated customer service moderators kept
pinning the issue back on the consumers even after it became clear it was a
technical issue with the app!

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy S7
Best Answer
Hi Miriam,
Thanks for this, I reloaded the app so assumed that it was the updated
version
, however it is still not synching. C'est la vie.
Have a good weekend
Regards
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have uninstunins and reinstalled the app. Relinked my Charge 2 and now the notification bar has says "Fitbit Sync Service - Sync in Progress"... But itsi said that for 15 hours. And when I try to open the app all I get is a blank white screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME, I installed the new update and it worked for about a day. ItIt is even worse now. I have a Google Pixel, which is on the list of compatible phones. I have also tried uninstalling the app alltogether and reinstalling it. That made it even worse. After relinking my Charge 2 and attempting to sync, I now get a blank white screen with the Fitbit header if I try to open the app. Also, the notification bar says that there has been a sync in process for the last 16 hours.

My boyfriend has the Ionic and the Pixel 2 XL and has no issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's not. Since early Feb mine has synced 4 times at odd times. Not does it have all the numbers. I am now looking for a different fitness system .
Best Answer
Is this the Apple trick to make us buy the latest model? , if it is well I
for one am not wasting any more money I will go back to doing my own
manual record keeping just like I did before I bought a tracker.
Best Answer

I have uninstalled the app, installed it again. Unpaired the Charge 2 from my phone. Phone is Samsung Galaxy 7. The app gets stuck when I enter the 4 digit code to pair my Charge 2 to my phone. So my Fitbit is no more useful than an ordinary watch. I have only had it since Oct 2017. This is really, really annoying. 

Best Answer
Hi

I find it very strange that with so many people posting about the same
problem, no one from Fitbit has so far contacted nor posted (usually there
is a moderator checking posts) to say they are looking into the problem.

An apology might also be in order,.

Just another Company with bad communications, take the money and run to
quote Jerry Rafferty.

anyone else feel the same?
Best Answer
Unfortunately it seems that way. Poor customer relations, customer service.
You name it.
Best Answer

Starting to feel a bit fobbed off with this. It is still not pairing to my phone. I have tried different internet connections to the same non-result. At the time I bought this, it was just over  £100 so not cheap for me. It is now just an expensive digital watch because that's all it is doing as without synching to the app all the data it gathers from when I work out is useless and I can't track my sleep which was really helpful in picking up patterns when I go through phases of disturbed sleep. 

Is this being looked at or is it not?

Best Answer
I thought the situation was better, but it's not. I have the Note 8, and I
always have to restart my phone if I want to sync to Fitbit. The result is
that I've gotten more reliant on the Samsung Health app for step count.
Fitbit has lost all credibility with me.
Lgmil
Best Answer

My ionic started having syncing problems since yesterday,  It had been working fine so it's not a compatible issue 

Best Answer

Hello everyone and thank you for reporting these syncing issues you are experiencing. I understand your frustration about this issue.  Also thank you for those who report the syncing issue get better after the latest update with the Android app.

For those who are still having troubles to sync after the update, including you @ChrissyMarie. I would recommend to clear the cache of the app. Usually this is recommendable after a new update is being released: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Some of you also have mentioned some phones that are not listed as compatible. Due to the large number of Android devices, Fitbit has not yet tested all models, so we cannot guarantee that the app will work as is expected. If a device is not listed on fitbit.com/devices, it means we haven’t yet tested it, so rest assure this is not a trick for you to get the latest model of Fitbit trackers.

If your phone is compatible, it would not hurt to try the following workaround: Forget your tracker directly in your Bluetooth settings and remove the tracker from your Fitbit account too. Once you have done this try to set up the tracker back to your account as a replacement device. You can review the following article for more help: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

If by any chance you had troubles to complete the set up, try the following steps: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

If this is your first time reporting this issue here, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned before: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

See you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately the clearing of the cache and data didn't work and I can't seem to get my device to connect a all now - including replacing my device. I hope future updates will help with the bluetooth issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 9 days of not syncing, and weeks before that, constantly going through all sorts of contortions with Bluetooth, restarting the Fitbit, restarting the App on my Android Nexus 5x (definitely compatible), reinstalling the App and then repeating everything, I spent this morning reading this forum.  One suggestion popped up that finally got the thing to sync: rebooting my phone.  While I am happy to once again be synced, this is appalling,  Given that Fitbit now has a lot of competitors, one would think they'd be mobilizing everything to solve this.  It is a great product, but I am not willing to continue to waste time fighting with this problem. I'm soon replacing my Nexus with a Pixel.  If this crap continues, I'll probably be replacing the Fitbit, too.

Best Answer
Hooray, that ses to have fixed it, hoprfully for good ot until there is
another update in which case a pre warning advice would be good.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was super stoked when I received my fitbit Alta HR yesterday. However, that was yesterday. Today I don't share that same emotion. Today it is more a feeling of dissapointment. I have worked in application support for MANY MANY years and I understand Fitbit's "pain" that the app cannot be tested on all devices however only of yesterday I have followed an issue wrt the compatibility with the Huawei P10/lite which dates back to early 2017. Surely Fitbit te need to recognise the complaints  via this forum and duly fix them. Syncing is another issue I have seen since yesterday rearing it's head more often than not. Surely Fitbit's operational team need to address these.  Peope have paid a pretty penny for your device and the expectation is that it should work . I checked the packaging now and right at the VERY BOTTOM it indicates syncing and compatibility devices ... Surely this should be on top. Come on Fitbit team ... Take note of what the people are saying. If not, I fear you will start loosing clientele. Show us all you actually care. 

Best Answer
So sorry,
Best Answer
0 Votes

Think ive sussed this all out.

Im away staying in a lodge in the woods. My car and truck both of which are paired to my phone are miles away. Just my fitbit and my phone and its syncing perfectly. 

So my conclusion is its not a fitbit problem its an android problem. Ie despite android saying you can have 10 paired devices only 1 will actually work

Best Answer
0 Votes
It appears progress is being made.  I am now able to sync after only 4 tries to "schedule a sync" and actually send it spinning without "tracker not found" or re-starting my phone.  I am also able to do this more than once a day. I prefer syncing about 3 times a day so this was nice.  It does keep going back to the last sync during my attempts.  I hope this is specific enough to help determine causes.
Best Answer
0 Votes