Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synching problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not gonna say my device doesn't synch because it does. It's just rarely. I seem to spend most of my time on the app just trying to make it sync and most of the time it doesn't. I try fiddling with the notification settings, I try logging out, it try switching on and off Bluetooth and even re installing the app. Still just doesn't comply. Then all of a sudden it randomly decides it's gonna work fine for a while and then it stops again. Any idea what can be causing this?

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142

I disagree with your generalization about Android.  I routinely have my Nexus 5x simultaneous paired and operating with several devices at the same time: Fitbit, Automobile, Earphones, Google Home, etc.  The syncing problem comes and goes regardless of the number of other devices currently active through Bluetooth.  I could, of course, be your specific phone.  There are differences in Bluetooth implementations among phone manufacturers.  My wife owned a 2006 Lexus that failed to even pair when she upgraded to a 4G Motorola phone.  She discovered, with great difficulty, that only a 4G HTC would work because of differences in the Bluetooth.

Best Answer
I have one paired device on my Android phone. The issue hasn't been as
constant since the last update. At least once a day my Fitbit stops
synching with my phone.

Usually turning the blu tooth off on my phone, waiting a few seconds and
then turning it back on an choosing done on the paired devices menu, fixes
the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I only have my fitbit paired with my phone 😩
Best Answer

I've noticed that mine pairs pretty consistently on one wireless network, but not on some others, like my home network, or even on mobile data. So I'm syncing all right overall, it's just annoying that I can't sync when I want to. Maybe this is part of the issue? I don't think the issue is the network directly, because I have an old phone floating around with a really old version of the Fitbit app that can sync on my home network with no issues, so it's probably some issue with the newer apps?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was 7 states away from my paired devices and it didn't make a difference
with syncing the Fitbit. Still had to restart my phone any time I wanted a
sync.
Lgmil
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hummmm
Best Answer

@RobertoME, I tried your suggestion of force stopping the app and restarting and all other suggestions I can find. I am still having issues syncing. Also, something new! My Fitbit half synced just now. Not sure how that works. My steps in the app increased, but still does not match the amount on my Fitbit.

Best Answer

My fitbit hasn't synced for 4 days. It's actually gotten a lot worse. Yes my phone is not compatible but it was not made obvious when I bought it that I had to check. Seeing as I could download the app and  it encourages me to sync a device it seems quite reasonable to assume it is compatible. This purchase has been trouble from the moment I got it is a complete fail, also it is now I regret too late for me to return.  This is not a product I recommend. The only good thing I can say about fitbit is that the support has been good but sadly it is not enough to convince me I haven't wasted £100. Overall I'm Disappointed. 

Best Answer
I Contacted help from the Web page.The tec was helpfull, I just had mine
for a month so it was under warranty. They sent a new one
Best Answer
0 Votes

I replied once that things were better, and so they were.  But there was a Fitbit update (yesterday or today). Now I'm back to tracker not found, tracker not found, tracker not found, tracker not found.. This situation is beyond disappointing and frustrating.  Is our next step to replace Fitbit with a competitor? or just that free app that counts our steps? We were spoiled and spoiled kids are bratty when things don't do there way.  But that's just the "feeling" side of this. Is anyone working to actually fix this?

Best Answer

Now, not only is my Fitbit not syncing my sleep, it's making things up! I just woke up my fitbit has a step count of 65... The app "synced" and said I had 10,394 steps for the day already! It should be noted that I have an office job and struggle to hit 4,000 steps... I haven't hit 10,000 in about 2 weeks.

...a few mins later, it corrected the step count, but hasn't synced my sleep in 4 days and refuses to work with MyFitnessPal at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not sold on this yet either.good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone! Thank you for all your feedback, rest assure we care all of your concerns. We have released a new version of the Fitbit app recently that will improve the stability. For more details please review this post:  Android app version 2.68 is now available - 3/20. Give it a try and don't forget to reset the app after installing this update.

@ChrissyMarie thank you for letting me know the issue still persists. To improve the functionality of your Fitbit tracker make sure you have the new version of the Fitbit app and confirm that your tracker is paired on your account. You can try to set up your tracker as a replacement device again in order to address the additional issues you have mentioned. In addition you said MyFitnessPal is not working; since the main topic of this thread is not third party apps, perhaps you might found more helpful this other thread: Fitbit and MFP not syncing!

Something to keep in mind also, is like @Fredsdadtiny mentioned before. In some occasion the tracker may find interference from other Bluetooth devices. For more details please review this article: Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?

If I got more information, I will visiting this thread.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I see only version 2.67.2 in the play store.

Küldte a Windows 10 Posta
Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave the latest version a try. Charge 2 on LG G6 again has great issues connecting to the tracker (Nokia Steel HR works a charm, and other Bluetooth Low Energy devices work just as well, like Sennheiser Momentum Free headphones).

Not only that but even with Bluetooth off, the app has great difficulties syncing to the server. I enter food on my Windows app or the Web. Then, when I open the Android app, it refreshes only water, for instance, but calories stay the same. If Bluetooth is on and when the app manages to sync with the tracker (1, 2, 3 tries), it may just refresh activity, but leave water and calories untouched.

If I open Water and enter some quick volume (say, 0.5 litres), it would appear as if quantity was accepted, going to main screen still shows no water, and going back to Water details show no entries at all.

This app is a total mess!!!

And it is not my Internet (Netflix, Spotify work just fine, no browser issues) or my Bluetooth - it works with 2 different speaker systems, 2 types of headphones, my Flex (before updating its firmware), Nokia Steel HR and Body+.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @dragi77 and @Kambanka thank you for sharing more details. 

@dragi77 the updates are gradually released and it will be come available to all users with time. So if the update was not available try later to see if the new version is ready to be installed.

@Kambanka I was reading all the issues you are experiencing. I can understand the frustration, but in this case the LG G6 is not yet listed as compatible. So many functionalities of the app may fail or not work as is expected. This is independently if other Bluetooth devices or apps are working in your phone, due to the reason the app is not optimized for this phones. as more information becomes available regarding this phone I will let you know.

See you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 synced ever since I bought it in/about December. Suddenly it doesn't--last 3 days--and web info shows my LG G5 is not supported. It was supported when I bought the Fitbit. That was the first thing I checked. Tried everything on the "help" list; no luck.  What is going on? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've given up removed mine from my wrist. That's it. All I can do now is hope I can return it. This product is a joke, an extremely over priced novelty toy. I do not recommend it to anyone.

It syncs maybe once a week now rendering most of its functions useless. So it is nothing more than a glorified watch now. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit just started not syncing to my phone app, I've done all the same things you've done it and I'm so frustrated, I have to force it to sync.  I'm glad that I'm not the only one whose experiencing these problems hopefully the problem will be fixed soon.  No point in having equipment that doesn't perform!  Are your listening FitBit??

Best Answer

It's still not working properly. I have to unpait all Bluetooth devices, repair my Fitbit and hope it actually syncs all my data. That's not worth the cost of not being able to use my other Bluetooth devices. I would almost prefer if I had the option to use the charger to connect to my pc and download the data for the last few days. It wouldn't be as convenient, but at least I would have control over when my data gets synced.

Best Answer
0 Votes