Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531

@olderMaryM wrote:

I updated my device Friday 1/29 when the update was available to me.  Worked fine until this morning.  The last time my Charge 4 synced was 2:53 am this morning.  I have rebooted my phone 3 times.  I have uninstalled and re-installed Fitbit twice.  Still will not sync.  So frustrating.  Very unhappy.

Please make sure your phone allows the Fitbit app to run in the background.  Here is more information.  Fitbit customer support should be able to walk you through this if you need assistance. 🙂

Best Answer

My Fitbit app IS running in the background.  Always does.

Best Answer

Updated the app. I've done a factory reset. Tried deleting my device and redoing it. Still doesn't sync. Won't even work at all at this point. I'm not a happy. 

Best Answer

Bumping this again, because several people have told me this worked for them, and I think it might help people who might still be struggling.

To be clear, anyone who uninstalled the app as part of their troubleshooting needs to check again after the last time they reinstalled it to make sure the app is allowed to run in the background and has the necessary permissions.  If they uninstalled it, then as far as their phone is concerned, the reinstalled app is a completely new app. 

Remember, Fitbit won't respond to you here.  Anyone still having trouble or who wants to complain to Fitbit should contact Fitbit's customer support.  🙂

@CJLarkin wrote:

I know I already posted this, but I wanted to make sure everyone saw it.  I see some people mentioning troubleshooting steps that do not include these recommendations, so we can't know if they've tried this or not.

What would enable others to assist you is to list all of the troubleshooting steps you have taken.  I know that's a pain, so sometimes people say they "tried everything", but that can mean different things to different people. 🙂

I know Fitbit tech support did a very poor job with the 3.37 issue. It had not been communicated to them that this was a known issue.  However, they are really good at walking people through the troubleshooting steps for syncing issues.  Users should contact them if they continue to experience a problem.  

That being said, I would seriously hesitate to factory reset the device, even if they recommend it.  It might work, but it's risky.  If nothing else works, that will be the last thing they recommend, and if that doesn't work they should give you options to warranty out the device.  It should be noted that if your device won't sync, they can't see it at all, so there would be no way for them to confirm if you have actually done a factory reset...😇

@CJLarkin wrote:

Remember, Fitbit will not answer questions here.  If you need their assistance, you should contact support.

If you are still having trouble, the first step is to make sure you are on version 3.37.1.  If you are not, you need to update to the new version.  

For the people having issues with version 3.37.1, I think the problem is probably not related to the issue with version 3.37.  I think it's very likely related to the troubleshooting steps people took to try to resolve the issue with version 3.37.

Remember, most people at a minimum uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  That means they now need to make sure it has the correct permissions, and the phone is allowing the app to run in the background (instead of putting it to sleep to optimize battery life).  

I recommend you try the standard troubleshooting for syncing.  However, I would try to avoid removing devices from your account (step 10) if at all possible.  The rest of these steps are mostly harmless, so they are worth a try, even if they don't work.  If you need assistance with these steps, this is something support can assist with.

I also recommend this article about why the app needs permission to location services.

If it syncs at first, but then later stops syncing, then this to me indicates that the phone may be optimizing battery life by not allowing the app to run in the background.  Please check out this article, in particular the first section "Why does the Fitbit app need to run in the background on my Android phone? "

If some of the data syncs, but not certain data (e.g. calendar), that to me suggests that the Fitbit app does not have the necessary permissions (to your calendar, etc.).  Again, I recommend this article, in particular the section "Why do I receive access requests from the Fitbit app on my Android phone? "

I know that because I had uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I had to set up notifications again on my device.

I hope this information is helpful.  I know it's frustrating.  I hope everyone gets it working again. 🙂

Best Answer

This issue is still not fixed. Have updated my android app and still not syncing. 

Best Answer

Same with me still not syncing

Best Answer

Hi 

I have tried all the fixes that are suggested on the app and also advice from others on this forum to no avail I am completely over this i desperately want this fixed so I can go back to doing my workouts in peace without stressing about this problem 

Best Answer

The issue is not solved for my FIL still. Updated app doesn’t even connect to the darn Fitbit device now.

Best Answer

For me the same:

Syncing needs to be performed manually, and does not always work.

Furthermore: it does not seem to be always connected either, as the apps from the watch (like google assistant) don't connect anymore to the phone app and hence do not work

Best Answer

I have installed the new Fitbit app, the Fitbit app is working. I am getting messages on my Fitbit watch from WhatsApp but no messages or notifications from my phone. I have double checked all the settings for notifications in the app and on my phone which are all correctly set.  I have switched off and on my phone but still nothing. So frustrated, and so fed up of all these problems which happen every time you update Fitbit. Why do you update it so much, this happens all the time. I will never buy another Fitbit these issues are rediculous, I'm continually without the use of Fitbit, it's not fit for the purpose it was made for!

Best Answer

Well, let's see:

Turned phone off and on

Turned Bluetooth off and on

Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit app

Switched android phones

Reset Fitbit Versa

Factory rebooted Versa

Latest updated shown on app

Turned around and clicked my heels three times

Versa won't sync

The last update where your O2 levels could be read, started this non-syncing problem.

Now after trying all the above, Versa won't even record heart rate. Forget about O2, sleeping.

I think I will move to Samsung

Best Answer

This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution. This thread will be closed for further reports. If you are experiencing a different issue please find a similar thread or create a new post. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer