Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531
Thanks for your support in this, my versa began working late last night,
but still not working correctly. Oh well, better than nothing
Best Answer
0 Votes

Check your app permissions on your phone. That's what I had to do. Thanks to another customer reply

------------------------------------

Your post helped me get things back running after days of frustration and fruitless efforts. The permissions seemed to be the trick especially allowing app to run in background.  Thank you so much .

Best Answer
0 Votes
Danika555 I had to turn off my phone and reselect each basic app on my
fitbit phone app. Just finished doing that whereas before the individual
apps started upon opening them up. Specifically Alexa and Weather app. We
will see how they do. I just found the find my phone app that I didn't
have before, which is pretty awesome.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just downloaded new 3.37 and now instead of adding calories to diary it is
taking calories after exercise in myfitness pal...and steps are still not
being transferred over 😑
Best Answer
0 Votes
Give it time. The update may just need to get to your area. Or check the
play store and make sure you have latest update (1.29.21)
Best Answer

Lol. This has been a test of patience and I am failing. My mom has the same phone, we are on the same plan, and live miles apart and she recieved the update Friday. My app in the play store is still last updated on 1.20.21. I keep checking every few hours for the latest release but no luck yet. Does anyone know how to force the play store to update so the latest version is available?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, one of the first things I did!!
Best Answer

Up and running again, took  a day since the latest release was downloaded, however seems all is good now. Thank you Fitbit team and to everyone who offered suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lilac148 wrote:

Lol. This has been a test of patience and I am failing. My mom has the same phone, we are on the same plan, and live miles apart and she recieved the update Friday. My app in the play store is still last updated on 1.20.21. I keep checking every few hours for the latest release but no luck yet. Does anyone know how to force the play store to update so the latest version is available?

The update showed up for me a couple of days ago after I rebooted my phone.  I literally looked in the Play Store, it wasn't there, rebooted, looked again and it was.  Might have been a coincidence, but worth a try.

Best Answer

The new app is, if anything, worse than the previous version. The issue is most decidedly not resolved.

Best Answer

Updated the app to 3.37.1 and issue persists. 

Best Answer

Update is installed still will not pair or link my tracker!! What do I do now????

Best Answer

I have removed and put the app back in LITERALLY 10 TIMES. At this point my Moto Z Play won't even acknowledge my Fitbit in the Bluetooth, and when I'm in the FITBIT APP, the APP WON"T ACKNOWLEDGE MY PHONE! I've lost a bunch of sleep info and I'm supposed to be tracking that for my MD for a sleep issue. Thanks Fitbit.....

Best Answer

That's why I'm getting rid of my fitbit it breaks my heart but I am going to fossil 

Best Answer

I updated my device Friday 1/29 when the update was available to me.  Worked fine until this morning.  The last time my Charge 4 synced was 2:53 am this morning.  I have rebooted my phone 3 times.  I have uninstalled and re-installed Fitbit twice.  Still will not sync.  So frustrating.  Very unhappy.

Best Answer

I have the exact problem.  So frustrated,  it worked and synced for literally one day.

Best Answer
It worked for me too until three hours ago when it stopped working again
🤦‍:female_sign: I'm rest getting angry
Best Answer

After the app update I get a bit further with pairing my Charge 4 with my Motorola phone: I'm prompted for a 4-digit code from the Fitbit which I type into the phone...and then it hangs. Forever. Clearly 3.37.1(diot) doesn't solve all the issues.

Best Answer

Well, my Vivoactive 3 arrived on Friday and after 2 days of wearing both the Garmin & the Ionic to compare and contrast the user interface on the watches and the apps, and the data captured during activities I have now made the transition to the Garmin. Syncing is so much easier and I can tolerate the differences in the screen display - I will probably treat myself to the Garmin Venu for my birthday this summer.  I transferred 2 months of data from Fitbit to Garmin and can live with that. The Ionic is now factory reset, shut down and will be put up for sale as soon as I can find the original box.  Goodbye Fitbit - this action was completely of your own making.

Best Answer
I do had to wait, and just got it in Arizona Friday in the morning!
Best Answer
0 Votes