Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing and notification issues on oneplus 6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi 

i use to use iphone earlier, the fitbit use to work fine, recently i purchase oneplus 6 which has Android 8.1.0 version , i'm facing many issues like delay in notification, if i get any call , once i start answering that call on mobile, the charge 2 will start buzzing at least i could see 30-40 seconds delay. Same with sync .. sync is not up to the mark..

please guide 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Welcome to the Forums @himachal.

This might be happening because the OnePlus 6 is not currently part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone and we cannot guarantee its full functionality at all times.

As long as a phone fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4+ and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it will work correctly but it is also very possible that it will not. Some users with phones that aren't on the list have mentioned that following these troubleshooting  steps works, maybe you could give it a shot.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there a prediction for OnePlus to work correctly? 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Alelimas and @himachal.

At the moment we do not have any timeframe we could share for when the OnePlus 6 might be added to the list. 

If we receive any updates on the matter I'll be sure to post them in here.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you out with.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I was considering to buy a Charge 3, but I’m not interested with have compabilty problems and stuf like that. If Fitbit change their politics they can survive in this smart watches / bands commerce, but if it only works with iPhone... I don’t know but the Apple Watch will never loose to you on iOS. But on Android is where the Fitbit can increase their sales, but it seems that is not the goal. 

Best Answer

Hey @Alelimas.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it. Please do know that we are always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience. 

If you have the time, be sure to post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. Other users can vote and comment on it to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on the way that board works. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my charge 2 for about 2 years. I recently purchased a OnePlus 6. While it was running Android 8.1 the Fitbit app worked just fine. Today I upgraded to 9.0 and I receive the error below  I've turned Bluetooth on/off restart phone and uninstalled / installed the app

1)Any other ideas?

2) how long can the charge 2 record data before syncing? Currently on vacation and won't have access to another device for 4 weeks. 

Error message:

"Bluetooth issues

If you see this issue for the first time, press 'Cancel' and try again. If you continue receiving this message, press 'Restart Bluetooth' to turn Bluetooth off and on."

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Waydrunk.

Thanks for sharing that information with us and trying those steps before posting.

At the moment there is a known issue with Android 9. You can click here to get more details on the matter. Any updates we have will be posted on there for everyone to see. 

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When do you plan to have OnePlus (6) devices on supported list please? It is one of the top 5-6 brands worldwide now after all...

Best Answer

hi,can u be more clear about your problem.

but if i undersyand it good i say if your phone doesn't stand the charge u can use some apps and soft

to solve your problem like Test Dpc or SnapTube or TubeMate trythem that can make some good result 

good luck.Cat Indifferent

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @LucianoM. Hello @Biter01.

@LucianoM At this moment we do not have any news or ETAs for when we will be adding such phones to the list. Be sure to support the suggestion to add that phone to the list. You can support it by voting or commenting on it. Be sure to read the FAQ if there are any doubts on how that board works.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, was not syncing or sending notifications. Got it to work soehow - but had this problem once before. will take a look at the apps you suggest. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello @LucianoM.

Glad to read that you did get it to work in the end! Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

If you have the time, maybe you could try visiting one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about in there with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a OnePlus 6t and I'm unable to get any of the 4 Fitbits I had available to sync. Zip, One, Flex 2, and Alta all sync on intial pairing then no longer sync my steps after initial setup. It's pretty sad this is still an issue. I've had this issue with previous phones Nexus/Pixels phones. Why it's so hard to keep up technology is beyond me. Even if all feature may not be supported, at the minuimm reading steps from a bluetoot tracker shouldn't an issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're having issues with the OnePlus - try this

Go into your phone settings. Search for BTtestmode.  The app should show up. Tap on the app and then "Force Stop". This will kill the process that I have found was interfering with normal bluetooth operations (not just with Fitbit).  Reboot the phone and problem should be resolved.  Good luck!

Best Answer

thank you for that! Currently working fine but  if I will keep the post for future reference if the problem returns

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks

@LucianoM wrote:

thank you for that! Currently working fine but  if I will keep the post for future reference if the problem returns

hi hi @LucianoM? how can you made it work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI, had reinstalled fitbit app and removed anything using  bluetooth, re-found my Charge2 (in bluetooth) and rebooted etc... - finally worked.

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the situation and the steps that have helped you. 

Please do try the steps that @LucianoM and @ddartman mentioned and let us know how it goes and if you get your Fitbit to sync properly after that.

Look forward to your replies.

Best Answer
0 Votes