Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing and notification issues on oneplus 6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi 

i use to use iphone earlier, the fitbit use to work fine, recently i purchase oneplus 6 which has Android 8.1.0 version , i'm facing many issues like delay in notification, if i get any call , once i start answering that call on mobile, the charge 2 will start buzzing at least i could see 30-40 seconds delay. Same with sync .. sync is not up to the mark..

please guide 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

I do not have any BTTestMode in my settings. I also tried disconnect any device or app that could be using a bluetooth connect and still will not work. I have no issue pairing, but FitBit app refuses to sync after initial connection. I have no issue with bluetooth via headphone, speakers, or other misc devices. It's an issue with FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bruwilliams.

Thanks for that information and for trying the steps that were suggested through the thread. 

As mentioned through the thread this could be caused because the phone is not part of our supported devices list or because of the Android 9 issue that we are experiencing. 

If you have not, I'd recommend that you try following the steps listed in this help article.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is just pathetic. I bought a Fitbit Charge 3 SE, a Samsung Gear Fit 2, and a Mi Band 3 to evaluate. I can't even get the Fitbit app on my 6T to see my Charge 3, much less actually sync with it. The Fit 2 and Mi Band 3 have no issues pairing and syncing at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution on my OnePlus 6T is to disable wi-fi. As soon as I do that, the Fitbit software connects to my devices and syncs. With my Charge 3, as soon as I disable wi-fi on the phone, it establishes and maintains a connection and shows my live heart beat. As soon as I re-enable wi-fi, the FitBit software loses all connections and is unable to sync with the devices.

So, in order for Fitbit's network code to function properly, you may have to disable your network... Lol. BRILLIANT!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Hello @Alelimas and @himachal.

At the moment we do not have any timeframe we could share for when the OnePlus 6 might be added to the list. 

If we receive any updates on the matter I'll be sure to post them in here.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you out with.

I like the phone way more than the Fitbit. Phone stays. Fitbit goes. Was going to upgrade from my Charge 2. Glad I didn't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any further information on this? I've got a oneplus 6 and there still is no listed support for this. I've got a blaze and an HR and all of them no longer work or refuse to synchronise on certain occasions. If fitbit doesn't get it's act together and offer reliable support I'll be switching very soon.

Best Answer

I changed to another fitness brand and I am very happy with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @JordiD. Hello @Alelimas.

Thanks for sharing your interest in the situation @JordiD.

At this time we do not have any updates on the situation but be sure support the suggestion to add that phone to the list by commenting on it and voting for it. Be sure to also read the FAQ to better understand how that board works. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this issue resolved yet? I can connect and sync my data but there is no way to get notification from my fitbit ionic. Have tried everything mentioned on thread above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

While my Fitbit worked with my OnePlus 6 for a month or so, Fitbit did something to put an end to the connection. I've purchased a Xiaomi device that works great and costs a fraction of the Fitbit price.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oneplus is now in the top 5 premium smartphone brands... and Fitbit still refuse to make its products compatible. The Fitbit "team" does, we are told, "routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices" but it has not got around to OnePlus phones over the last 6 years... This is literally unbelievable both in its neglect of loyal Fitbit customers and its complete neglect of good business sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, ordered the new Xiaomi Mi Band 4, since the 3 was much cheaper and works just fine on every device!

Best Answer
0 Votes