Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing difficulties with Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Android 7 phone and a Fitbit charge 3. The fitbit is now updated to 3.7 Please help, my fitbit will not sync since last week. I have tried everything, does anybody know how to solve this problem. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hello @Moonshine59, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which Android mobile device are you using with your Charge 3? Is your mobile device running the latest Android version? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Also, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted, I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Ricardo, 

I have a Huawei P8lite 2017. I have Android 7,thats the latest version. I have tried the troubleshooting steps, the forum, turned off and on Bluetooth and the same with my fitbit. 

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @Moonshine59.

The details that were shared in your post are appreciated, seems odd that you're still unable to sync your device after trying the troubleshooting steps above. That said, please try the following steps:

1. Restart your Charge 3.
  2. Please on the phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, and remove all the connections that exist with the device. (Forget device, ignore or unpair depending on the version of the operating system of the phone).
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth and restart the phone. (Switch off and on again).
  4. When the Huawei P8 lite is back on, turn the Bluetooth on again but do not attempt to connect to the Fitbit from here.
  5. Go on the app and try setting up the Charge 3 as a new device. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Ricardo, 

Thank you for replying. 

I followed your steps.

On step 5(setting up a new device) after l putt in the numbers to pair, it will not connect, its trying to but fails. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Ricardo, 

After several attempts it's working now. I hope it continues to. 

Thank you for your help. 

Have you any idea why it happened in the first place? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Samsung galaxy s7 and charge 3

Have not been able to sync for 2 weeks. I updated to their version 3.8 and nothing. Have followed all advice from forums and now I cannot even pair my device with my phone, tablet or laptop. Not happy at all.

Best Answer

My good luck didn't last long. I'm back in the same situation, my Fitbit charge 3 will not sync 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got Samsung Galaxy 8. My Charge 3 hasn't been syncing for several weeks now. FitBit app can't locate it.

I've done all the steps suggested. I've never had a FitBit that works for very long no surprise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's shocking isn't it. I don't know why they just can't go back to the app that did work and start again. They wouldn't have all these disgruntled customers then. Fitbit seems to have forgotten that's what we are. Customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rustybitsnow 

Galaxy S7 here, too.
My sync issues started with 3.8. It will not sync for hours. Not even manually. After 2-3 phone restarts it might... Then again the same. 
Anyway, from now on, I'm having version 2.90 as my daily driver and I will be testing every new 3.x version as they get released. 
That's the only solution for me until they fix all those issues with the 3.x versions.

Best Answer

How did you go back to 2.90 

Best Answer

I've been having this exact problem for about 3 weeks and a fitbit moderator hasn't even gotten back to me on the issue. Mine is still on its warranty timeframe and it feels like they just don't want to honor it. 

Best Answer

I went back to 2.9 and still cannot get my charge 3 to pair up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Teady don't hang about get it back to where you bought it from pronto. If it was from fitbit you'll probably need to contact customer support first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer support about it before coming to this forum. Customer support simply said, "We are aware of your problem and are currently working on fixing it." Which means they aren't going to do anything for me regardless of it being under warranty. 

Best Answer