Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

I haven't been able to sync since 5:30 pm last night.  Not *one* thing has changed on my phone and yet "device not found".  This is unacceptable.

Best Answer

I also have a Garmin no problems at all. Bought the Garmin after the versa!

Best Answer

just downloaded the latest version, picked up my Fitbit from the floor (where it stays), checked to see if it was charged. It was. Put it on the charger and I didn't get a battery indicator. Touched the button on the side and it began vibrating. Will not display the time. Button press only makes it vibrate, and a double tap will not display the time or anything.

Fantastic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good News ! I am finally back syncing properly as it did pre-July. I
bought a replacement used Charge 2 from someone when my screen died. After
charging, download. the new version 3.5 App, , and adding my new device ...
IT SYNCED RIGHT UP ! 4 DAYS now and still doing fine !
YAY !
Best Answer
Email them or ring and get it sent back 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
Good luck with it 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Now it won't do anything at all.

Best Answer

My Alta HR hasn't synced since 8:28.

Best Answer

The phone that the on-line chatter told me would not be supported is now syncing my fitbit. But it no longer syncs all day. SO it is a bit disheartening that I look at the app and see that it shows only a few steps. Then, the next morning I look at the app and it has synced for the day before. Well, now that I know that is the way it works, I no longer look at the app until the next morning. I have done nothing except jump through the hoops from my email to customer service and my on-line chat. 

Best Answer
Folks, I think the last App Update (prior to the latest version 3.5) that
seems to have caused all the problems, actually corrupted the firmware in
all the various Fitbit models. It has nothing to do with anyone's phones.
When I bought a used Charge 2 last weekend that had not been charged up,
turned on or used in several months, everything worked perfectly after
charging the battery, loading App 3.5 and discovering the new device.
However, I think whatever got corrupted is NOT fixed by the normal device
"reset" procedure. Fitbit needs to investigate and find a solution if I am
right. People should NOT be expected to buy new devices due to corruption
damage by Fitbit's own software/firmware screw ups.
Best Answer

I am having same problem as well it will not stay syncing and stay connect to Bluetooth.  I think new version 3 causes a lot of issue. 

Best Answer

I don't think the app update touches the firmware on the devices.  Those are typically other updates. and would likely require a reboot of the watch, which hasn't happened from what I can see.   I think it's a back end update on the fitbit servers that is causing issues. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. 

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. I appreciate your feedback and efforts in troubleshooting your Fitbit devices. 

As some of you have been informed after contacting our Support Team, please note that our team is still researching the most accurate resolution for this ongoing issue.

However, we don't have a time frame at the moment when this issue will be resolved.

We recommend to remain attentive to upcoming Fitbit app updates in the meantime. We appreciate your patience, and look forward to get you back on track.

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

It's about time that there was an honest acknowledgement and answer to the problem

Best Answer

@MarreFitbit,  so I am to await an update am I? That will be a good trick as it has been announced that I won't get any more updates as I am using android 5. Typical fitbit. Why didn't you leave us with the last working version of the old format instead of this abomination. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lilbiddy It is possible to search for and manually download an older version of the app if that's what it takes to fix your problem.  Fitbit doesn't recommend it because they want you to have the most updated version of the app, but since you're limited by your version of Android, I don't see another good alternative for you.  (I had to do the same thing -- Android version 2.87 worked for me.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here as well. I have a Fitbit Blaze, and bought a Galaxy Note 9 earlier this year. The sync was flawless from February until the latest update.

For almost a week now, my Fitbit will randomly stop syncing to my phone. At first, it happened once every 2 days or so. However, the past 72 hours my Blaze won't stay connected to my Note 9 for more than an hour.

On top of that, when I uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app on my phone, I still can't get my Blaze to consistently connect or even be recognized by my phone or any other Bluetooth device (such as my Surface Pro 3). 

What the heck is going on here?

Best Answer

@Adrienna27 I have tried previous versions with absolutely no luck. Which makes the think it's not the app that is at fault. Clearly they can't figure it out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd find it awfully coincidental that they managed to break *so* many users' Fitbits' ability to sync simultaneous with the introduction of the new update, so I do think it's related.  But I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the sole problem, either.  

Best Answer

I had a flex for years, and occasionally had problems syncing (for no apparent reason). I actually recently upgraded to the Versa Lite and have constant synching problems. I think it is a problem with the app, because my Bluetooth on my phone works with every other bluetooth device I use. 

Best Answer