Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues since 2.64 Android app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/29

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce that Android app version: 2.65.1 has been fully released. If you haven't already, please update the app! This should help with syncing and also contains some improvements for those of you on Android 8.0 (Oreo). 

If you are on Android 8.0 (Oreo), please check out this help article with more information about the Notifications you are receiving from the app. Please let me know if this changes anything for you all. Our team is always at work to improve the Fitbit experience on Android. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Fitbit Update: 1/22

Hi, Android users! Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to investigate. 

If you continue to have difficulty syncing, please use an alternate device if available. I will provide any future updates here, so please stay tuned. 

Fitbit Update: 1/19

Hi Android Users - Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update.

Our Android Team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. In the meantime, I recommend syncing to an alternative supported device or computer if possible. Thanks very much for your patience as our team works to resolve this as quickly as possible. More updates to come!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

I've got Android 6 and since the update I can't sync either. Does anyone know how far off this issue is from being fixed as it is becoming increasingly frustrating. Thanks

Best Answer
I got the same reply from tech support that it was my phone as it hadn't been tested even though up till that point it was OK 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, I bought two Fitbit Charge 2s as Christmas presents worked fine for about four weeks. Now both aren't working & neither is mine which is only a couple of months old. What a waste of $560. Fitbit customer service used to be great now it looks like they have taken a page out of Windows customer service manual. Go get a new device? Really, the cost of a new device compared to the tracker. Why should we pay five to ten times what your product cost us just because you messed up? Everything was working fine until your update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get my charge 2 to sync at all not even on my computer. The last sync was on Friday 1/19/18. I have done everything to try to get it to sync without any results. When will this be fixed. My life revolves around my Fitbit. This is getting very frustrating. I have Bluetooth set up and on but no luck. Please get this fixed ASAP. Or what else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

having problems syncing as well will only sync sometimes then says looking tracker not found

my wife is having same problems

Best Answer

Hey all. I found a solution by going through "+ Set up a Device," then "Replace Alta HR." The tracker has been reinstalled and the sync has started to work again. The statistics from previous days wasn't lost. 

But... back to "Tracker not found" after relaunching the app. So, if you want to sync statistics again, you need to repeat the procedure. It's a bit annoying, so I do it once in three days but at least it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Android users! Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to investigate. 

If you continue to have difficulty syncing, please use an alternate device if available. I will provide any future updates here, so please stay tuned. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

my phone is Android 6.0 & my fitbit charge hr refuses to sync or even be reconized by the phone

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ridiculous statement why should I buy another device because your product
doesn't work
Best Answer

my fit bit he stopped syncing last week I have done all the reinstallation and resets frustrating problem and seriously thinking of changing fitness watch brand all together 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. The majority of the threads I'm reading seem only to reference Android 8?? What about everyone else who has an earlier version? (I have 6) will the issue be rectified for them too?

Best Answer
Mines not an android 8 either and it will not sync no matter what I.do

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same problem with Android 5.1, Moto E. Really disappointing since I just got my Fitbit for Christmas and WAS really enjoying it.
Best Answer

Version 2.65 has just been released.. I'm syncing so I will have to wait for the rollout to catch up..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me know if it works
Best Answer
0 Votes
Amen I'm with you there your right if they can't admit they have a problem
what will they do if someone decides to sew them
Best Answer

The problem is with more versions than Oreo. It started with the last app updates for ALL android versions. None of the troubleshooting tips you refer to stop the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If this helps try reseting fitbit. While resting turn iff bluetooth. Force
stop app and reset phone. Mine has been working most the day
Best Answer
0 Votes

All versions of Android that I've seen, iPhone, and my Windows 10 PC as well.

Best Answer
How do you reset the fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes