Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues since 2.64 Android app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/29

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce that Android app version: 2.65.1 has been fully released. If you haven't already, please update the app! This should help with syncing and also contains some improvements for those of you on Android 8.0 (Oreo). 

If you are on Android 8.0 (Oreo), please check out this help article with more information about the Notifications you are receiving from the app. Please let me know if this changes anything for you all. Our team is always at work to improve the Fitbit experience on Android. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Fitbit Update: 1/22

Hi, Android users! Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to investigate. 

If you continue to have difficulty syncing, please use an alternate device if available. I will provide any future updates here, so please stay tuned. 

Fitbit Update: 1/19

Hi Android Users - Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update.

Our Android Team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. In the meantime, I recommend syncing to an alternative supported device or computer if possible. Thanks very much for your patience as our team works to resolve this as quickly as possible. More updates to come!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

I am having the same issue.. Unpaired and now it cant be found 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using a charge 2 and having the same issue

Best Answer

Hi, everyone! I'm glad to hear many of you are back to syncing with the new app version: 2.65.1If you haven't already, please update the app! This app version contains improvements for syncing and other changes for notifications. Please check out this help article with information about the Notification changes

If you are still having trouble with syncing, please give our troubleshooting suggestions included here a try. Since Android is a more complex OS, its difficult to pinpoint any issues so give everything listed there a try. You can also reach out to our Customer Support team for further assistance. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbitV2.65.1 updated for me yesterday and is working perfectly on my Sony phone which had Android 7.1.1. Today the Sony updated to Android V8.0.0 and your Notifications link was timely.

I'm receiving all notifications on the Ionic and  still syncing perfectly with that and Fitbit One in multi mode on demand and automatically. I went through all of the dilemmas that others have a few weeks ago, and have done nothing to my configuration for the last few weeks. There was always a slight delay on syncing but it always worked. Why it stabilized under 2.64, who knows.....

For others, when I link the Blaze, Surge and Zip and make it a 5 Fitbit Multi they all work.. So I can't really help, only that it all works for me on a phone that was released in Australia in November 2016..and not on Fitbit's tested list of compatible devices.

wrote:

Hi, everyone! I'm glad to hear many of you are back to syncing with the new app version: 2.65.1If you haven't already, please update the app! This app version contains improvements for syncing and other changes for notifications. Please check out this help article with information about the Notification changes

If you are still having trouble with syncing, please give our troubleshooting suggestions included here a try. Since Android is a more complex OS, its difficult to pinpoint any issues so give everything listed there a try. You can also reach out to our Customer Support team for further assistance. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine to work. I had to restart my fitbit and "replace" it on the app
and now I'm good to go.
Best Answer

For what it's worth, my app 'silently' updated to 2.65.1 sometime yesterday, and it has synced without problem on my tablet since then.

Best Answer

I fully agree .

I have already discouraged friends as well whom were so envious of the watch.

Clearly FITbit does not care about their customers, given the number of complaints surely they must have seen that it is not an isolated incident , their product has a serious problem and they need to sort it out,

Im loosing my vitality points since i do not know how to manually download information, while we are waiting for fitbit to rescue us, that is if they ever will 😞 

Anyone with idea how i should go about downloading my daily/weekly activities to send send to vitality to earn points, Please help. if it does not need a tracker, cause its not responding.

I have since contacted vitality about this issue, im sure they will do something in terms of not partnering with Fitbit , if everyone can complain im sure they will do something 

I think we(FITBIT users) need to create some noise about this put it  all these in social media so that anyone who thinks of purchasing fitbit should think twice. 

I have done so already discouraged friends to buy it.

Best Answer

did the same  as well now phone not picking up the watch. 

TRACKER CANNOT BE FOUND, **ahem**Woman Sad

wrote:

Unpaired my blaze and now it won't pair - the problems only get worse. Fitbit won't even address these issues that thousands of users are experiencing!  Time for a garmin. 

Best Answer

My phone & Fitbit one started talking to each other yesterday morning, just as mysteriously as when they had ceased communicating. The battery drain seems to have recovered too  Smiley Happy Wasn't aware that I had done anything to solve the problem - just hope it stays fixed

Best Answer

I already did all the troubleshooting advice you gave, nothing worked! 

I bought Flex 2 weeks ago, seriously regretting now...

Best Answer

2.65.1 has been the worst version for me for several weeks. I'm using a Ionic with Samsung S8. This is usually how it goes:

- Synchronization stops with an error.

- Restart of watch (and sometimes phone) gets it going again.

- After a couple of hours, synchronization stops again.

Also; the notification widget was better before. The icon wasn't ever present. "Last Sync time" is a nice addition, but it doesn't help when it can't show the complete date and time... 😞

notification.png

Best Answer
Hi everyone,

I managed to sync data , not through my mobile phone offcourse but my
desktop computer.
Funny it also updated the phone information as well , not sure how to
explain this but my phone is also updated but the syncing was done through
the PC.

I downloaded the fitbit app on my PC which is free, did all connections and
connected the surge usb dongle which came with watch and connected the
watch through charger cable and follow all the settting up procedure .

Finally it synced.
Hope all this lousy explanation will help u guys while we waiting
FITBIT,(DISSAPPOINTED)
Best Answer

Remembered that my boyfriend's pc has Bluetooth, and tried this! Thanks buddy, solves the problem with being unable to force sync!

1st time in weeks I don't have to do miracles for this to sync! Thank you thank you thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks i will give that a try

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
The new update worked for me everybody please try to find it fitbit has
finally stepped up and did their job.😀😁😎
Best Answer

call customer support I did and it is now working

Best Answer

Now that you're all back on track with syncing with the newest app version: 2.65.1 I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. 

Thanks everyone for your help and cooperation! As always, if any new issues come up please create a new topic for discussion. Will see you all around here on the boards! Smiley Happy

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer