Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues since 2.64 Android app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/29

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce that Android app version: 2.65.1 has been fully released. If you haven't already, please update the app! This should help with syncing and also contains some improvements for those of you on Android 8.0 (Oreo). 

If you are on Android 8.0 (Oreo), please check out this help article with more information about the Notifications you are receiving from the app. Please let me know if this changes anything for you all. Our team is always at work to improve the Fitbit experience on Android. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Fitbit Update: 1/22

Hi, Android users! Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to investigate. 

If you continue to have difficulty syncing, please use an alternate device if available. I will provide any future updates here, so please stay tuned. 

Fitbit Update: 1/19

Hi Android Users - Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update.

Our Android Team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. In the meantime, I recommend syncing to an alternative supported device or computer if possible. Thanks very much for your patience as our team works to resolve this as quickly as possible. More updates to come!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

wrote:

Sorry, I did mean 2.65.1.  Two weeks of dealing with has tried my brain.

No worries!  The rest of us are just as scrambed as you are. Smiley Frustrated Thanks for the clarification.  Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just received my auto update of 2.65.1 one week after the release...

The phone synced immediately and notifications kept coming.. I have restarted the phone as a precaution..

As I post this I have just initiated another sync and both the Ionic and One synced.. All of last nights sleep and the new calculation for RHR is there.  Appeared faster than 2.64..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to disappoint but a friend of mine has the IPhone 10 and she has the same problem  She has now given the fitbit to her daughter.  So apparently getting an IPhone doesn't make any difference.   My fit bit is still syncing since I followed the advice I was given by O2 which I posted     That has been since Saturday    Fit bit really need to get their act together.   I was considering buying another tracker which would not have been a Fitbit

Best Answer
Well...not quite sure why but today it is working normally..we will see
what tomorrow brings
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just checked my phone again and I too have received the Fitbit Update  BUT my phone is still syncing  Perhaps Fitbit have got the message at last.

Best Answer

The phone app updated to 2.65.1 (Android 7.0) from Google Play. The sync finally works for my Alta HR. The app works much faster now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MykeS7HI have found that as well for my Ionic and multi One.. Still get the occasional red dot exclamation..  But hasn't missed a sync today, forced and auto.

wrote:

The phone app updated to 2.65.1 (Android 7.0) from Google Play. The sync finally works for my Alta HR. The app works much faster now.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce that Android app version: 2.65.1 has been fully released. If you haven't already, please update the app! This should help with syncing and also contains some improvements for those of you on Android 8.0 (Oreo). 

If you are on Android 8.0 (Oreo), please check out this help article with more information about the Notifications you are receiving from the app. Please let me know if this changes anything for you all. Our team is always at work to improve the Fitbit experience on Android. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

wrote:

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce that Android app version: 2.65.1 has been fully released. If you haven't already, please update the app! This should help with syncing and also contains some improvements for those of you on Android 8.0 (Oreo). 

If you are on Android 8.0 (Oreo), please check out this help article with more information about the Notifications you are receiving from the app. Please let me know if this changes anything for you all. Our team is always at work to improve the Fitbit experience on Android. Thanks for your cooperation! 

My Flex 2 is still not syncin 😕

Getting really frustrated... I use your app since I had my Microsoft phone, recently changed to a new Android one, and bought the bracelet at the beginning of the month. The syncing worked fine between Android and Flex until the 2.64 and in the 2.65 still not working, although the Flex still counta steps and tells me when I reached my goal....

Best Answer

The update has not solved my syncing issues. I have followed all step in the help articles about syncing (closing app, resetting Fitbit Alta, unistalling app) nothing it working. I am using a Google Pixel 1

Best Answer
Love it!! My phone syncing again. We can have a competition how many does it sync or not sync.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sync! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@princessalexia  Mine is syncing every time I try, my dual paired Fitbits.. even Fitbit Connect is doing it's bit.... p[robably 7 times and I sync before I post to ensure I'm not imagining it..

So my combination is successful and on a non-listed phone (non tested) and everything I use works.. I say non tested because the latest Sony phone in the Fitbit list was a 2013 model..

wrote:
Love it!! My phone syncing again. We can have a competition how many does it sync or not sync.

Best Answer

Hi,

I have an Android Galaxy 8 which has not been synching for a week or so; I can't download the update app on the phone; it keeps saying try again but won't work.

My MacBook Pro Dashboard was synching with the Fitbit until this past Saturday Jan. 27th; now my Fitbit says it's about 9 and 1/2 hours earlier than it is and my steps are not synching on either my phone or my computer.  Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I told my flex 2 this morning that if it didn't start working I was going
to trade it for a Garmin. Wonder if that helped? Whatever did it, I am
happy it is working. Hope it lasts.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha Judita...maybe I should try that!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@judita1You never know..mindfullness may work in another way.... It's like an appliance going faulty at home, you get annoyed and then you have another two in quick succession...

wrote:
I told my flex 2 this morning that if it didn't start working I was going
to trade it for a Garmin. Wonder if that helped? Whatever did it, I am
happy it is working. Hope it lasts.

Best Answer

I just got V 2.65.1 and my Flex 2 isn't syncing either. It finds it but won't connect. I've restarted the phone and reset the Flex 2. Is it time for me to buy a Garmin?

Best Answer

I did the update and my new ionic still won't sync. Super annoyed right now. Any ideas on how I might be able to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Roo1308:  Try re-pairing.  Tap the little index card in the upper right corner of the app. Select "+ Setup a Device".  The follow the instructions for replacing your device.  You'll have to enter some numbers which will allow your device to bond with your phone.  After that, you should be good to go.  If that doesn't work, you're back to resetting everything and trying again.

BTW, the new update is working for me without all the workarounds.  Android 5.1 and a Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes