Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues since 2.64 Android app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/29

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce that Android app version: 2.65.1 has been fully released. If you haven't already, please update the app! This should help with syncing and also contains some improvements for those of you on Android 8.0 (Oreo). 

If you are on Android 8.0 (Oreo), please check out this help article with more information about the Notifications you are receiving from the app. Please let me know if this changes anything for you all. Our team is always at work to improve the Fitbit experience on Android. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Fitbit Update: 1/22

Hi, Android users! Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to investigate. 

If you continue to have difficulty syncing, please use an alternate device if available. I will provide any future updates here, so please stay tuned. 

Fitbit Update: 1/19

Hi Android Users - Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update.

Our Android Team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. In the meantime, I recommend syncing to an alternative supported device or computer if possible. Thanks very much for your patience as our team works to resolve this as quickly as possible. More updates to come!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

Yesterday evening at about 9.30pm I had to charge my tracker. I used the USB mains-powered charger. The tracker was sitting about 3ft away from my Android tablet, which I was using for part of the time.

When I took a look at the FitBit app at about 10.30pm (after finishing charging and putting the tracker back on) it told me it had synced an hour ago, and I had near up-to-date data.

This is after 4 days of no obvious syncing via the Android app.

I always had the 'all day sync' and other relevant options checked, so I didn't manually initiate any sync (I'd all but given up on Android). I'm not even sure I was running the app (I presume there's a background process).

I don't know if that's coincidence, but I think I read somewhere else that charging the device somehow got it to sync.

Still no news on getting the 2.65.1 update, but it shows there is some life occasionally on my Android setup. Just not necessarily when I need it to be.

Update: I haven't checked to see if the app has updated, although it hadn't yesterday afternoon and I had no obvious notification of update. It's possible I have 2.65.1 now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerVersion 2.65.1 was released today for general release.. I waited a week, but the App updated perfectly and after an afternoons shopping everything is working., notifications, Fitbit Pay and I find the syncing is faster on this version to my Ionic and my One..

I have also noticed the random self syncing.. I have just completed the "tough test". Synced my One first because it has 20% more steps because of shopping.. Not trolleys.. Just walking and holding bags for my daughter.

Immediate sync after that to the Ionic and it now has the same steps as the One....

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Mine is still on 2.64.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am unable to log in to the Android App since yesterday, (29th January 2018 IST). Each time I try to log in, it complains with the message "Invalid email or password". I have reset the password, and I can log in to the fitbit.com website. My Android version is 7.0 on Sony Experia Z3+, if it helps

I am running into similar issues on Windows 10 desktop app as well. It doesn't let me log in there as well, and exits with "Fitbit.com not available."

Can someone fix this ASAP please? It seems like an app issue instead of the tracker, I have a Charge 2. I am put up in India, and I am wondering if this is locale-specific.

Please give a solution ASAP.

Update:  I have 2.65.1 installed on Android, and the issue still persists. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Update 2: Okay so this is a workaround and hopefully it will help some of the people. Try switching to mobile data instead of Wi-Fi in your phone. And then open the Fitbit app. It will login, and will sync as well. I remember seeing similar issue earlier too. 

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've updated to 2.65.1 and my tracker still won't sync! Any reason for this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have the same problem. when I tried to log in it says invalid user name and password. Today morning it is showing "Fitbit.com is down for maintenance". 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update to 2.65.1 appears to have solved all my family's syncing issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yippee! my phone now seems to sync with my fitbit one. I will wait and see if the battery holds up now - while it was not syncing, the tracker needed recharging each morning

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just downloaded the update, my Fitbit is still not syncing, been through off/on Bluetooth, phone, reboot of Fitbit itself 😫😫😫

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, this worked for me, my flex2 is now syncing again on 2.63 after weeks of having to re-pair the tracker to the app multiple time a day since the last auto update. Have turned auto updates off too....

wrote:
Hi. Yes need to uninstall first the 2.64 version, then have to install the 2.63 version. Use the installer when prompted and follow any prompts.
You will need to go into security to allow install from untrusted source but it will suggest that too.
Turn off auto updates, and dont update it after if asked.
2.63 works for me and mostly everyone else.

Best Answer

Thanks so much. Have downloaded 2.63 and my flex2 is now syncing again!  

Best Answer

Excellent that some of you are having success by using the older App..

It makes a confusing scene with the successes because we are all STILL using the same devices, others have loaded 2.65.1 (me) with success, others with other versions of the App, and those still posting are having dismal failures on everything they try....

I feel Fitbit should be directing the users to the older versions of the App because other companies always have a fallback situation.. It has to help Fitbit because we all want our devices to work and enjoy a fitter us....

With me, I'm abl;e to adjust my Exercises like, changing my Interval timing etc on my Dashboard via the browser on the phone or the desktop and then sync and within a minute or so it's all there ready to walk.... I had timing issues before that.

I can understand the difficulties, because, since the Android was released there have been over 24,000 products sold using the Android OS..  Impossible to keep up with... How many have been released on the Apple side...?

Also, since this upgrade I haven't seen any of the following error messages, admitted, it's only the first day....and these were on Version 2.64.....

• Bluetooth issues, restart Bluetooth
  • Your Bluetooth is not started
  • Red Exclamation dots... Only 1 in 14 hours.
  • Sync errors
  • Tracker not found
  • Looking etc
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@homeworknitsGreat news... I was losing about 1%/minute of battery on my phone and tracker when I had the syncing issue...

wrote:

Yippee! my phone now seems to sync with my fitbit one. I will wait and see if the battery holds up now - while it was not syncing, the tracker needed recharging each morning

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, sounds very complicated for a not techie, have no idea how to find a widget!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Should have not replaced with another ones that is why i exchanged it, would not recommend it to anyone.. have tried so many times to keep synced...

Best Answer

@DavideFitbitThanks for giving us the opportunity for questions.

I have been trying to find out the sequencing of the syncing process from the phone to server..this is to try and establish what the issue is..

From my testing I feel the phone makes connection with the server first,

• then starts the process of deciding whether it downloads some history
  • then uploads the Fitbits activity
  • then there is a delay while the calculations are performed for Sleep and RHR
  • those results are downloaded to the phone

The surprising thing that was happening through out my syncing issues, when I created an activity on the phone it was always on the server immediately.

The whole sync process when everything was working could still be about 3 minutes..So if we get no errors where is the issue. ?

Looking forward to your response

Best Answer
That's great, my Ionic will not sync. I am lucky if I can sync once a day. If the watch does not sync, the time also is slow. Currently the watch is 15 minutes behind. I had a surge, went to TomTom, now back to Ionic. I am getting fed up with fitness watches, particularly the ones that don't keep time or sync with the app.

This was happening with v2.64, and now it's worse the latest version
Best Answer
I just tried repairing and now my phone can't even find my ionic. Says
there's a bluetooth issue. I'm getting so frustrated. I never had any
problems with my charge 2.
Best Answer

Hi !

I own a Huawei P10 lite and experience the infamous issues with sync. Oddly, sync seemed to work quite well with 2.64 android application, less well withb 2.65 and now with 2.65.1 it is back to previous status.

Did anything change in sync management between these version ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have updated and it still didn't work so followed the advice to unpair my charge hr but now it can't find it at all. What do I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes