Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues since 2.64 Android app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/29

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce that Android app version: 2.65.1 has been fully released. If you haven't already, please update the app! This should help with syncing and also contains some improvements for those of you on Android 8.0 (Oreo). 

If you are on Android 8.0 (Oreo), please check out this help article with more information about the Notifications you are receiving from the app. Please let me know if this changes anything for you all. Our team is always at work to improve the Fitbit experience on Android. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Fitbit Update: 1/22

Hi, Android users! Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to investigate. 

If you continue to have difficulty syncing, please use an alternate device if available. I will provide any future updates here, so please stay tuned. 

Fitbit Update: 1/19

Hi Android Users - Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update.

Our Android Team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. In the meantime, I recommend syncing to an alternative supported device or computer if possible. Thanks very much for your patience as our team works to resolve this as quickly as possible. More updates to come!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

My fitbit app updated automatically to the 2.65 but it still wasn't working.  I just uninstalled it and reinstalled and so far it is syncing!  I hope it keeps syncing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try installing an older version of the app. 2.55apk is what I have installed and so far no issues

Best Answer

How do I uninstall the latest update and install an older version?

Best Answer
I can't download the old app how do u find it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Something weird happened to mine. I reinstalled the app and it still wasn't working, so I tried yet another phone restart. When I did the Fitbit app was grayed out and not accessible, cut to some device weirdness forcing yet another restart with android rebuilding its cache (6.0). After that the fitbit app reinstalled itself again with an update and it's back to working. The update version is still 2.64 so I can't explain that one. If they're dropping support this fast though I wouldn't be able to switch vendors fast enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just removed my Alta HR to see if re-pairring the device would fix the problem and now it won't even pair with the app. I've checked the Bluetooth so many times that I lost count. I have also been getting messages asking if the device is turned on and charged. Of course it is! I didn't even know it could be turned off. This Fitbit app has just become pretty much useless to me right now.

Best Answer

I am also having syncining issues over last 3 - 4 days. Neither my Flex or my partner's Alta HR will sync with my Android phone. I was about to buy myself a new Alta HR but won't be doing that now. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone - Sorry to hear many of you (not on Oreo) are still having trouble syncing with the Android app. Thanks for all your reports in this thread! Our team is aware and are going to look into this. For the time being, please keep a lookout for the next app update which should help with syncing. All our app updates are progressively rolled out, so if you don't see a new app version in the Google Play Store yet, you should see it in the coming days. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unpaired my blaze and now it won't pair - the problems only get worse. Fitbit won't even address these issues that thousands of users are experiencing!  Time for a garmin. 

Best Answer

@FINE01I had the same issue yesterday and I stopped the Bluetooth on the Phone.. Opened the Fitbit App,  tried to sync and the App asked me to allow the App to turn on Bluetooth..

It eventually synced and by the end of the day I noticed, in my case the Ionic was paired to the phones Bluetooth..

I'm still waiting for 2.65... but this morning on awakening it took 3 errors and eventually synced.  I'm still awaiting a response from Support to explain what the error is, or where in the sync cycle it occurs...

Edited... Since I posted this I have had the 2nd message come up 3 times in 5 minutes, again eventually syncing...

sync error 25jan18.jpgbluetoth error 21jan17.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Thanks - I just tried it - no luck

Best Answer

Blackfalls, you are a lifesaver! Kinda wish I could kiss you right now!  :x

BTW, version 2.63 and 2.65 are both available on apkmirror.  I took the chance and installed 2.65 (which I can't get yet on the Google Play store) with the backup plan of installing 2.63 and turning off updates if/when 2.65 turns out to be another epic fail.  As of now I have installed 2.65 on both my and my bf's phone and so far so good.  We're back in business. Smiley Very Happy

P.S.  I'm pretty sure bf would be OK with me kissing you right now, too.  He might even want to get in on a little bit of that action himself...

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
Well I really hope they read it and listen because my app is useless. I
just don't understand why mine didn't work and then worked for three days
and then another update and nothing.
Best Answer
So, are you saying that the app is totally worthless? 
Best Answer

Even though my phone (Moto g5 plus) is not on the compatible list, it worked perfectly for months and months, then after the update, it stopped syncing. This has nothing to do with Android 8...mine is running Android 7. I sure hope they get this thing straightened out soon. So many people are experiencing the same problems. 

Best Answer

Started syncing after 3 days of issues.  I am thinking the update today had the patch☺

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Fitbit Customer Support. If you are reading this, please take note of what I am posting here. I have been an avid runner for many years and have had used many trackers (mainly from Garmin) without experiencing any of the painful and unpleasant experiences that I am experiencing with Fitbit. I must say that I have never experienced a more unreliable and unstable tracker and poor unresponsive Customer Service than the one from Fitbit. I can't help but think that Fitbit has total disregard about their customers especially with this latest episode. A few pointers about this latest episode: How could Fitbit roll out a software update without first testing if it's going to work? A deliberate case of trying to make customers update to a newer product by making their existing product obsolete? By suggesting to affected users to go through the standard trouble shooting procedures and wasting our time when it's clear as daylight from the numerous posts and threads in the forum that this problem originates from the latest software update? It's so strange that the cause/root of this problem had to be identified by the community in the forum rather than from Fitbit. A deliberate case, or someone sleeping on his job? Even after the cause of the problem has been identified, (no thanks to Fitbit) the company has yet to advice users on a solution or roll out a patch to rectify the problem. Just so you know that I am working as a financial adviser with a big global insurance company. Part of my role as a Financial Advisor requires that I help promote Fitbit's trackers to be used alongside my company's wellness program, Vitality. If you do not know what Vitality is all about, I suggest you go ask your management about it. With this latest unpleasant experience, I'll be more inclined to promote Polar and Garmin to my clients as these two brands are also on board my company's wellness program. I can personally vouch for Garmin's reliability as I have been using the brand for many years. You could say I have lost total trust in your brand and will not be going back to it. In addition, I am going to spread the word to my colleagues and clients about this. I will write in to my management to give them a feedback about how unreliable your products are, and the poor customer support service. I will lobby my company to drop Fitbit as a partner in my company's wellness program. There is just too much pain using your products.

Best Answer

my fitbit not sync

showing exclamation mark

Best Answer

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I have an alarm set for 4am every morning which I can't turn off (without syncing of course). I guess I will have to power off my fitbit and look into another watch for the time being. It appears that android customers are not a priority....

Best Answer

Alta HR didn't sync all last weekend on my Android 6.0 phone. Then OK from Monday to Wednesday. This morning - no sync, tracker not found. To say I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of this is a massive understatement. This is simply not good enough. Would not recommend fitbit to anyone if they can't get their updates right and fix them quicker when they're not. 

Best Answer