Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with Android and Nokia 6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Probably the millionth person to ask this but when are you going to sort out the constant problems with the Android OS? I have a Nokia 6 with Android 1 system and have constant problems with the app. It won't sync, no notification, won't control music etc etc etc. I'm sick of following all the pointless steps to ''solve" the problem, they clearly don't work! 

Why don't you just fix the problems for once and for all?😠

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi there @Ericizzafish, thank you for joining the Fitbit Community and for your feedback. I appreciate you have tried already the troubleshooting steps to address the different issues you have find with the Nokia 6.

Fitbit is compatible with more than 200 of the most popular Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices. The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices.

If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

See you later and rest assure we are working to confirm more compatible devices.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Roberto,

Could you please be a little more explicit and tell us which _recent_ devices are supported? The compatibility list has not been updated at all over the last year at least, and many Android users are experiencing sync issues. My loyalty to the Fitbit brand extends to the point where I would pick a compatible phone, provided it has been released in the last 6 months and not 2 years ago. 

Many thanks in advance,

Yann

Best Answer

You "routinely" test devices? So how come Nokia isn't even on the list? They've been back in the game for a wee while now, they use the most up to date operating systems yet their name isn't even mentioned.

Please, enough of the continued claims to be constantly working on it. Enough of the "have you tried this?" Enough of the talking nonsense. Just fix the **ahem** problem and if you can't at least have the common courtesy to be honest and say you can't. Or is it "won't fix" rather than than can't fix?

Best Answer

Hi there @yannabraham, and @Ericizzafish, Thank you for your comments and for your feedback. Unfortunately, even us as moderators, we do not possess many details regarding the compatibility. Phone are listed without previous notice and we do not have a timeframe.

There are phones that are easily prone to experience malfunctionings more than other devices. Android is designed to work equally in many options. However In order for the app to operate successfully on all these devices, it should tolerate some feature variability and provide a flexible user interface that adapts to different brand configurations or layer modifications that can be include with recent model of mobile devices, so far even if Android is more universal, each brand modified the OS, where is require to optimize the app for better performance and this can take longer from what is expected.

This is all the details I have, nonetheless I will make sure to pass forward your comments to our team.

See you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto,

Most of us are frustrated with lack of compatibility and lack of support beyond canned answers. Now you are telling us that you don't know when things will be fixed, and nobody wants to commit to an official, up to date list of supported devices?? Seriously?? The complexity of the android landscape is hardly an excuse considering the handful of devices I use on a daily basis that always connected flawlessly to any phone I ever owned.

Please make sure you tell the team they need to do better than that...

Yann

Best Answer

Further to the not syncing issues, apparently I haven't done any steps for the last four days, according to your useless excuse for an app. Perhaps you should focus less on changing the word bloody to "ahem" and more on getting the people who can fix this to actually do their job! 

Best Answer

You would think that with the current proliferation of fitness trackers now on the market that fibbit would get its posterior in gear and sort this out. 

This has been going on for years.

They are relying on reviews based on iPhones and letting people think that the android versions function as well. Well as we all know, they don't. 

Also, every update seems to bring a new set of problems for some, if not all,  users.

Judging by what I read on these fora I would definitely not upgrade from my charge 2 to any of the new watches that have been introduced. I also expect that when my current phone dies that will be the end of my charge 2 too as there will be no compatible phone for me to purchase.

We are not feeling the love fitbit and I don't think you care.

Best Answer

Also becoming increasingly cheesed off with the non-synching issue.  This time it completely refuses, I've tried all the tricks.  It's turned into a highly expensive simple watch now...and one that I can't read in the sunlight!

Best Answer

Hi Roberto. After I changed my phone for a Nokia I realized my watch is not synchronizing. I already checked the "compatible phones" link you share before, but none of the Nokia phones are in that List (mine is a Nokia 6.1) 

Do you have any idea when more devices will be added?. Fitbit mus realize the world is evolving constantly and new phones are coming into the market.

I was just planing to upgrade my Fitbit watch for a modern one, but now it doesn't make sense to buy another Fitbit.

Regards,

An unhappy customer 😞

Best Answer

I know this is late, but I would like to give my input into this issue as well. I have a Nokia 6. I first bought it back in March of this year. I as well experienced the syncing issues with my Versa that is being mentioned here. After a couple months of using it an countless frustration with syncing issues, I gave up and wound up purchasing a new phone, a Moto G6, which is listed in the compatibility list of the Versa. It worked OK for a while, but behold, the syncing issues took hold with that device as well, albeit, not quite as bad. Recently, my family did a little phone swap where I passed the Moto to my daughter and I acquired my wife's iPhone 6. When pairing it to the iPhone, I was sure my issues would quit. It worked OK for a while but behold, the syncing issues started with the iPhone 6 as well. Not as bad as the Nokia and Moto, but there were still issues. With the age of the iPhone 6, there were some other issues there, so I have recently gone back to the Nokia 6. There appeared to be some firmware updates to the Nokia after firing it back up, and when syncing it back to the Versa, it seemed to work OK...for a while. But behold, the syncing issues have started again. 

The point that I am making here is, I do not believe this is at all a phone compatibility issue at all. I fully believe that this is an issue with the overall Fitbit hardware/software and its inability or unwillingness to patch known bugs that cause these types of issues. After having several different versions of a Fitbit, it appears that nothing has worked like it is supposed to after you get past the Alta or Charge hardware. I am currently to the point of ditching Fitbit all together and finding something that will work, no matter the phone that I pair it with.    

I hope this helps anyone that is having the same issues as me and everyone else in this thread.

Regards,

Another Unhappy Customer 😠

Best Answer

OK, so a quick update. I may have "a little" mud on my face after the last post. After digging into the forums, I ran across this post . This user states that there were syncing issues as well, and moving the app from the external storage to the internal fixed all of the app and sync issues. I moved the app to my internal storage to see what would happen. I have to admit, this seems to have corrected some of the issues. The app is now loading as expected and it appears to be syncing as it should for now. To move the app to internal storage:

• Go to settings>Apps & notifications>Fitbit>Storage
  • Click Change and confirm the move to the internal storage
  • For good measure, after the move, I went ahead and cleared the cache on the app, restarted the phone and the Versa.

I am going to continue to test and monitor to see how things go and give an update.

So, even though this appears to have some of the issues, issues still exist. For instance, why would the app not perform on external storage? On the Android OS, by default, apps that can move to external storage do when installed if there is external storage present. This certainly needs to be addressed one way or the other. Another thing that I was having issue with, and still am, is configuring the Starbucks app. When I click to add a card, there is a loading notification and then just goes to a blank screen. I will continue to take it through its paces and see how it goes. 

Regards,

Not too proud to admit when wrong....sort of 😛

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME wrote:

:There are phones that are easily prone to experience malfunctionings more than other devices. Android is designed to work equally in many options. However In order for the app to operate successfully on all these devices, it should tolerate some feature variability and provide a flexible user interface that adapts to different brand configurations or layer modifications that can be include with recent model of mobile devices, so far even if Android is more universal, each brand modified the OS, where is require to optimize the app for better performance and this can take longer from what is expected."

The problem with this quote is the Nokia uses the original Android system with no added brand modifying so it should be the easiest to work with and all apps that say they run on Android should run on the original unmodified system best for less error or "malfunctions" to accure don't you think. This is why I don't like Apple/Mac as it's unhappy to work with others well while Microsoft and Android try their best to work with anything the customer would like to use and improve their range and performance of apps and systems

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have already ordered a garmin-sick of this ..I cant use it on my Nokia or my chromebook..done with fitbit.

Best Answer

They told me to get a different phone as my fitbit charge 2 stopped working with the Nokia 6 after the new app and firmware were released.    Was working great until then.

Same happened to my wife's one as she uses a Nokia 6 with her charge 2.

They lost 2 customers.  I will never buy a fitbit again.

I am checking out compatibility with other tracker suppliers.

Best Answer

Thanks for this. Finally after trying every other 'fix' suggested by Fitbit, I see your post and it works. How come, a year later, Fitbit aren't able to offer the same solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought Fitbit Versa 2 yesterday 26.02.20 and was very disappointed. This is year 2020 and yet the problems with Nokia phones have not been solved. I have a Nokia 8.1 with an updated Android 10. My phone can detect F.Versa 2 but F.Versa 2 rejected pairing. 

With today´s modern technology, it would be easier to solve this minor problem.

I am going to return  Fitbit Versa 2 . It is very time consuming finding out how to make it work.

Best Answer
0 Votes