Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing w/Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit app wouldn't work with my new Samsung Galaxy S7 (Marshmellow) due to syncing issues. I just reset my fitbit (plug it into laptop/wall charger and hold button on left side for approx 10seconds until fitbit symbol appears, then unplug it). App worked instantly! 🙂

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

@StephWilton@shannbil@JMor925@whitneysmith@Emil85 The Galaxy S7/S7Edge is not currently listed as a supported device. I recommend following the same steps that I suggested regarding the Galaxy Note 5 here. It doesn't hurt to try set up but it isn't guaranteed that all features will fully function with a device that is not listed as supported here.

@JMor925@whitneysmith@Emil85 No ETA on when these devices will be listed as fully compatible with the Fitbit app for Android as our engineers have to test all features before adding it. I recommend keeping an eye on this page, as it will be listed there when fully supported.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
i cant get my fitbit to sync. it says it last did sunday. ive been meeting my step goals and i want to win this challenge. help!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ldock1412 I moved your post into this thread as it is relevant to the S7/S7 Edge. Check out my response here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Is there any way we can sign up to be notified when it is compatible with the S7/S7 Edge? I'm using a tablet right now to sync which will suffice for now, but I want to know as soon as possible when I can do it with my phone.
Best Answer
Sync it using a computer or tablet. That is what I'm doing while waiting, impatiently, for them to make it work with the S7 Edge.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to get my surge to receive the notifications from my Samsung S7 Edge.  At first I was having problems receiving notifications at all so I first changed the text notifications in the Fitbit Application settings to point to Message+ (Verizon messages).  After syncing my phone I was receiving notifications on my surge but it would not allow me to view the message.  I then went to the Fitbit App and changed my text notifications to point to Messages, then went to my S7 edge and changed my default txt messages to Samsung Messages (the yellow txt msgs icon).

Best Answer
Samisue, it'seems still accurate. I replaced my old phone with a Samsung S7 recently. I use my old phone as my bedside clock and it still sinks with my Fitbit. I decided to compare info and it was the exact same info on both phones. Once Fitbit thinks they have the comparability right, they should push a general notification to all Fitbit to upgrade. Unfortunately, the Blaze aND the S7 came out at the same time, so those of us who jumped on the 1st Gen Blaze have to wait.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I tried all the above I just want to see the text on my Surge. Get it together guys this is very frustrating what is the problem? Did you not know fitbit junkies would want the new Samsung s7 edge? Why can we not play wiith our grownup toys correctly? If this is not corrected will have to say goodbye to my beloved fitbit not happy hiker here
Best Answer
Actually, I switched from galaxy s4 to the s7 and mine was paired and synced just fine until today it unpaired from my phone. Now I can't get it paired again. Is there something I can do?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried rebooting both devices then try to pair it?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I do that? I have r3started my phone but not sure how to reboot fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

which fitbit do you have?  Is it the Surge?  If it's the Surge, go into the Menu->Settings->and scroll down to Shutdown

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I wish. I have the HR charge, I love it, never had a problem with it until yesterday. I hope I can get it fixed soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

@rmadison75 wrote:

not sure if this will help but try this: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Why-can-t-I-set-up-my-new-tracker-using-the-Fitb...

No, still have problem on Galaxy S7 Edge with Android 6.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

any udpate on when fitbit charge HR will be compatible with galaxy s7? My phone wont see the fitbit at all and unfortunately I cannot synch with my new IpadPro since it's not compatible nor my laptop running windows 8 since fitbit just stopped supporting windows 8. I'm literally stuck

Best Answer

So basically, I need to return my FitBit Blaze?   I brought the S7 and  Fibit Blaze today.   If I cannot receive notifications or adjust my music, then what is the point of having the Blaze?  I might as well use only Samsung products.   Do you all plan to do a mass update once testing is done? Or will you come out wihth a Blaze 2?

Best Answer
My I got a S7 it synced for about a month and now it won't. My wife's S7 has not had issue syncing.
Best Answer
0 Votes
When will this be fixed? The threads I read seem to go back a couple months and the response is that it is being worked on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @DrJoshFromBama @Darnjimmy! You should take a look to @ErickFitbit's suggestion in this post. It contains the response to your inquries.

Let us know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes