Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned Android Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
1,339 REPLIES 1,339

The new look app is awful. A backward step for Fitbit. I relied on the battery level to trigger when I needed to put it on charge. This has been removed from the display. Also you used to be able to sort what appeared where on the page. That way the information I checked regularly was displayed in the most prominent position. You can no longer do this. Time to move to another brand of fitness checker if this is what Fitbit thinks is an update. 

Best Answer

Where can I change clock faces? Can't find it anywhere anymore.

When I want to set goals, some numbers have a zero to much. I don't want to walk 50 km a day of drink 20000 mL water a day.

Best Answer

Google figures they can do whatever they want ...they are in total control

Don't get me wrong I like Google for many things ...but this is an extreme change just because they can.

Best Answer

Absolutely HATE the new app. Did Fitbit bother asking their customers what they wanted ? Previous app was much better - this new version is neither user friendly or attractive -  wont be buying Fitbit again

Best Answer

The recent update of the android app has remove the battery status. I use this daily as my Luxe has a small screen and I'm unable to accurately determine its battery status. This functionality needs to be restored asap

Best Answer

I logged into a different device to check my fitbit and now my phone, where I normally view my Fitbit updates, looks completely different. It only displays the calories of burned for the day so far, it does not also show the other features it used to, like my steps throughout the day. I also no longer see my sleep updates. I don't know how I can get my display to show what it used to show instead of this limited version

Best Answer

Hi!

I looked it up in the Fitbit app, first you have to go to your profile picture in the upper right corner, then to Fitbit Settings, then to Connected Apps and then to Smartwatch Apps and Clock Faces, unfortunately very stupidly complicated.

Marie

Best Answer

@REColeman   Please vote for and leave a comment on this request in the Product Feedback forum.  I totally agree with you about the battery percentage size on the Luxe screen. 

@Donseib  @RiekoC  This is the number one complaint about the new app.  Please vote for and leave a comment on this request in the Product Feedback forum.  The PF forum is monitored by the developers.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi!

I'm just as frustrated as you. You can't see the battery life in the app anymore, only in the smartwatch itself, a clearly stupid deterioration, you shouldn't have to go and check the smartwatch every time you want to know if it's fully charged.

Marie

Best Answer

New fitbit app- Hi, this is probably a helpless question but, is it possible to revert to the old app display? I find the old design much more atractive and engaging - as well as more comprehensive. 

Best Answer

Hello LizzyFitbit,

I did the conversion to the Google interface and don't like it.  Can I go back to what I had before?

Thank you,

Jo

Best Answer

I have to agree with all the negative responses to the "new and imporved app". 

Will the system respond to the somewhat sizeable disappointment and provide some information about corrective action?  A little support from the Fitbit Team could go a long way to keep the community happy.

Best Answer

@Janelle_K it sounds like you have updated to the new version of the Fitbit app. There is not a way to go back to the previous version, but you can learn more about the new version here.

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

First you took away my Workweek Hustle group challenge that been going on for many years. Now you’ve ruined the software interface. I tell you what, Google, after experiencing how you’ve degraded my Fitbit, I’ll never have any interest in your products. It doesn’t matter if you destroy fitbit. You’ll never get me to buy your watch. Never. 

Best Answer

The "NEW" app version sucks! It's as if you want to chase everyone away from Fitbit trackers. The bright white background is distracting and the graphics, or lack of graphics, show no imagination. The design team needs to be sent back to their kindergarten class. I used the battery display feature to know when I needed to recharge. And I mainly tracked steps, weight, and sleep. Now they are spread out instead of being at the top of the screen together. I really dislike when changes make something that was working and user friendly into something totally unimpressive and almost unusable. Please bring the old app back.

Best Answer

So this new update keeps crashing on my Samsung S20.  I Uninstalled it, clear cache and went to play store to download it.  Guess what back to the old version!! Yay!!

Best Answer

Yay ! thanks for the heads up 🙂  I just reinstalled and the old app returned - thank goodness !!! Though funny I did the same thing last night but still got the "new app" ? Hopefully they will leave as it !  

Best Answer

I did that right now, changed back, thank's for the information, best ever, YAY, what a relief to get the old version back, instead of the new kindergarten failure with all the hiccups and crap. 

Best Answer

Where's the thumbs down button?

Best Answer
Uninstall & install rolled back the update on my Pixel 6!
How sad that the only positive post since the update was how the updated
Fitbit app kept crashing a Samsung S20 and the fix for the crashes AND the
horrid update was to uninstall/install the app to roll back the update!!
Thank you Wickedwanda for sharing and not playing "I have a secret!".
Five Stars for Wickedwanda, a blackhole for Fitbit.
I can't help but wonder if this is the first play by Google to start
pushing everyone from Fitbit to the Google Smartwatch by mucking up the
Fitbit app. If I disappear after posting this you will have your answer.
Best Answer