Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned Android Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
1,339 REPLIES 1,339

Noted Gizmo42!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @minhato - unfortunately Fitbit don't provide any means to roll back to previous versions.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I have a Google Pixel 6 phone and I had the same problem, Fitbit kept crashing, so I did the same, uninstalled/reinstalled the Fitbit app, wonderful to be back to the "old" version there you can customize a whole lot more then in the "updated" version and battery% status is back ... and no more crashing  😁 👍 

Best Answer

Uninstall and reinstall gives you the old app version. As of today 25 sept 2023.

Don't forget to turn off automatic updates.

Best Answer

@minhato 

Some users in this thread have reported that uninstalling and reinstalling the app gave them the old version.

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer

@gdio53 

That is really helpful, many thanks! I try do some search before posting my query, but nothing came up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new app is awful. The other one was easy and better for smaller screens. Real time info is not available even though us was on the old app. We track my mums heart rate and this isn’t helping us at all. I’ve deleted the new app from my mums phone as it’s rubbish and we have to keep looking at the watch to view so we are considering moving to the apple smart watch give us the option to move to the new app and leave the old one in the App Store for those who still want that one. My mum is 81 she doesn’t want all this changes 

Most unhelpful response

Best Answer

When you uninstall and reinstall do you lose any data?

Best Answer

@RunKatana 

Thanks! I have just unistalled and reinstalled it and at least by now it's gone back to the old format. I had spent the past two days trying to figure out the new layout and was increasingly upset! and I consider myself a middle age woman with flexibility to change, but this new layout was very poor.

@CheLei - there should not be any loss of data; this should be saved in your account, not in the app. I can access all my data after reinstalling.

Best Answer
I strongly dislike this update. There's no tab to see active minutes or
zone minutes, or steps, or sleep patterns, and no matter how many times I
refresh it, the calories burned according to the app don't match what the
watch shows. The post linked in the reply doesn't explain why. There's also
missing items the post linked above says it should have, like a "Coach"
feature. Then I thought, maybe I need to migrate to Google to get all these
features, then I'm told that my account can't migrate because it's a
family account. This is a horrible update and a bad to way treat customers
who have spent money more than once with fitbit. I'm going to start looking
around at competitors.
Best Answer

Uninstalling and reinstalling gives you back the old interface. At least it did for me. 
(Don't forget to disable Automatic updates)

Best Answer
I did the same it worked.....until Google changes it again.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I just got the new interface today and it’s so awful it makes me want to cry. It destroys my routines and so much information and flexibility has been removed from the Home Screen. There doesn’t seem to be a way to see how many calories I have left for the day, which was an absolutely crucial data point I needed to maintain my weight loss. 

I switched back to Fitbit after using an Apple Watch for two years because the Health app was not as useful to me as the Fitbit app. If the interface is not fixed QUICKLY I will be abandoning Fitbit forever. 

Best Answer
When I unstalled and reinstall I lost all of my data. But it might be due
to the fact of creating a new Gmail account for volunteer purposes. It
looks like Google migrated my fitbit account to the new email account.
Nowhere did they mention fitbit account would be moved. Another nail in the
coffin :coffin:. I'm now deciding which Garmin fitness watch to purchase.
Best Answer
So far so good here also...

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still waiting on the new version. Love it or hate it, at least I would have (hopefully) some of the guided programs I used. It pisses me off that I am paying for premium and do not have access to the feature I use most. Seems to me that premium should get the roll out to start. Because this it pissing me off and even though my fitbit is not even a year old I am ready to go buy a garmin. 

Best Answer

Hi all!

Here’s how to turn off Auto Update for the Fitbit app for Android:

1. Open Play Store.
  2. Tap your profile icon top right corner of the screen.
  3. Tap Manage Apps & Devices.
  4. Tap Manage.
  5. Scroll to find Fitbit App.
  6. Tap Fitbit App to expand the menu.
  7. Tap the 3 Dots top right corner of the screen.
  8. Tap the checkbox next to Enable Auto Update.
  9. Tap the 3 Dots top right corner of the screen to verify Enable Auto Update is not selected.

That’s it. I hope this helps.

Sorry Apple people, I’ve no idea.

Best Answer

Thanks Gizmo42!

Best Answer

Hi, @Mystwillow, welcome, may I draw your attention to my earlier post on this board?

The New Fitbit app

You will note that the new app uses a different process to personalise the “Today” screen.

On the “Today” screen of the Fitbit app on your phone, swipe up to the bottom>Customise>You are presented with the “Focus Card” with 4 icons, swipe left to see 5 preconfigured cards. The 6th card is “Custom Preset”> Edit pen in the top left corner of the card> Select the metric you want to change> Select the new metric>repeat until you are satisfied>SAVE (top right)

Now swipe up to “Show/hide other metrics, " and switch on those you want to see in the “Today” screen. Note that you do not need to switch on the metrics you have selected in the focus card. You can move the metrics cards up or down the ladder using the two arrows, note you can’t impact individual cards, they move in groups, for instance, nutrition, sleep, activity etc. Once you have the screen set up SAVE (top right corner)

To access the detailed data represented by the icons in the Focus card and the individual cards in the ladder touch the icon or card to be taken to the familiar screens from the earlier version of the app.

I hope this helps.

Cheer

PS see update Thursday 28th Sept.

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a classic example of an app being redesigned by people that seemingly don't use it, or they wouldn't have made some of the changes.

No battery percentage on main screen? "Battery Full" shown when it isn't.

Exercise heart graph logarithmic scale changed to sub-optimal detail.

No maximum heart rate on exercise anymore?

Since the app update, this is the first time that I had the device battery go low, because the battery percentage is no longer shown on the main screen like before. Yes, it is shown on the device, but is to small to read, and was always readily available on the app main screen. I did get an alert that the battery was low (5% shown on the device) right before bedtime. Furthermore, after finding where the battery detail is now located, it only shows "Battery Full" even though the battery percentage has dropped with use. Not sure yet at what percentage it will no longer show "Battery Full".

The heart rate graph logarithmic scale (shown on an exercise page) was changed so that it is practically a flat line and doesn't show the detail that it previously showed. Also the maximum heart rate number was removed.

Best Answer