Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not found error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Looks like the solution was temporary. Today, I'm getting the "tracker not found" message again on my Galaxy S4. Everything was fine until the 2.17 app update. Fortunately, syncing from my laptop works OK.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have a Galaxy S4 and after the latest app update to v. 2.17 I couldn't sync to my Surge nor my Charge.  I kept getting the "tracker not found" message.   I could still sync to my laptop and my Nexus 7 tablet with no problems.  

I contacted support and here's the steps he walked me through which got things working again:

1. Completely power off your phone and leave it off.  Don't just restart your phone.

2. Reset your tracker.  

3. Power your phone back up.

4. Bring the Fitbit app back up and try syncing.

That sequence worked for me.   I tried resetting my trackers a bunch of times, but always with the phone powered on with no luck.  Not sure if this will work for you, but it's worth a try.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

I have a Galaxy S4 and after the latest app update to v. 2.17 I couldn't sync to my Surge nor my Charge.  I kept getting the "tracker not found" message.   I could still sync to my laptop and my Nexus 7 tablet with no problems.  

I contacted support and here's the steps he walked me through which got things working again:

1. Completely power off your phone and leave it off.  Don't just restart your phone.

2. Reset your tracker.  

3. Power your phone back up.

4. Bring the Fitbit app back up and try syncing.

That sequence worked for me.   I tried resetting my trackers a bunch of times, but always with the phone powered on with no luck.  Not sure if this will work for you, but it's worth a try.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing these tips @Wizegeezer! This will allow other users facing the same error to find a solution faster. I encourage you to keep participating and asking in the Fitbit Forums.

Catch you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this, been having the same issue and this has worked. I've had my Flex for less than 48 hours and already had lots of issues yesterday and this morning with 'Tracker not Found' on the Android App. Extremely frustrating and if it continues i'll certainly be looking at sending it back and moving to another make.

Best Answer

This solution didn't work for me. I've tried everything. Deleted and downloaded the app several times. Rebooted the fitbit several times. I can sync on my computer but I would like to use the app. Are there any other solutions?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Wizegeezer @SteveW81! If you continue to have issues while syncing your trackers, you should check out these syncing troubleshoots. Make sure that there isn't another bluetooth device that may be creating interference during the process.Setting  up your tracker as a new device may also help you to bring it back to sync as usual. Also, make sure that your tracker is running the latest software version and your mobile device the latest version of the Fitbit app for iOs or Android device.

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  Your tip to keep the phone off did the trick!

Best Answer

It's good to know that you are back to sync @GoNanaGo! I encourage you to keep participating in the Forums.

I wish you an excellent week.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not so sure now that the reset I did yesterday has totally fixed the problem. Tried to sync today after leaving the gym & again got ‘tracker not found’ message. When I got home I got the tracker charger, turned off my phone, reset the tracker then turned the phone back on. Synced without difficulty. I’ll try to sync manually again tomorrow & see what happens.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
How do you reset your fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Blackdahliam! You can restart your tracker following these instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks that procedure also worked for me.

Best Answer

Thank you so much! I was using the dongle as my phone would always say "tracker not found"  Was losing hope when I came across this. It works!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Shakoy_b @SunsetRunner! I'm so glad to know that @Wizegeezer's advise helped you.  I encourage you to continue participating in the Fitbit Community.

I wish you an excellent day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this and lost all my data from the last time I sync'd. This is really annoying how terrible this syncing is. 

Best Answer

@KevinDuganJr wrote:

Tried this and lost all my data from the last time I sync'd. This is really annoying how terrible this syncing is. 

You should not have lost any data from the last sync, since the data is stored on the Fitbit server not your phone.  I am not sure how you would have lost any data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KevinDuganJr, I wonder what specifically type of syncing issue is your tracker or mobile app presenting? 

@USAF-Larry is right about your information is store on our servers. The main purpose of this is for you to have access on different platforms and for your information is secure. Unless your information is manually deleted your activity should not be lost.

However before to jump in to conclusions, I would like to know more details if you are experiencing syncing issues so I can help you to get you back on track. In the meantime you can review this post for additional help: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

I'll be around, feel free to post more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

following solutions but what do you mean by reset your tracker?

Best Answer

following solutions but what do you mean by reset your tracker?  now it says it can't reach fitbit.com what the freak is going on!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kemills1963 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! To get the instructions to restart your tracker please click/tap here. You will be redirected to the step by step instructions to do this. 

Then, check the link provided by @RobertoME on his post above. That should certainly help you out!

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer