Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not found error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Looks like the solution was temporary. Today, I'm getting the "tracker not found" message again on my Galaxy S4. Everything was fine until the 2.17 app update. Fortunately, syncing from my laptop works OK.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

I rebooted my tracker and it is working without any problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I exchanged mine fora different one and have had no issues
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I have a different phone now, but basically I have to turn off my
Bluetooth almost every single time. Then I go back to Fitbit and it says we
can't sync because your Bluetooth is turned off would you like us to turn
it on. And then I say yes and then it syncs. Sometimes I also have to log
out of Fitbit. Used to be I had to uninstall and reinstall Fitbit to get it
to work so I guess this is an improvement. Still annoying though.

Hope this helps.
Best Answer
Yes - I had to reboot the FitBit and it is now working.
Best Answer
0 Votes
hi Thank you
I didn't know how to reset it properly
once I was shown how, I have had no problems
cheers
Best Answer
0 Votes
You put your tracker in the charger. Then you press the button until the
FitBit resets.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  I turned phone off this morning and reset fitbit by plugging into mains and forcing restart.  It synched but i get the same error this evening. I'm having to do this every day. Why cant they fix these errors.  I would not recomnend fitbit due to this poor support.

Best Answer

After the latest software update on January, 10th, the app wouldn't sync with my Alta HR tracker. Rebooting device and turning the phone off doesn't help at all. Can anyone suggest a solution? 

13/01/2018 update. Another software update installed but the problem still there. Found a solution by going through "+ Set up a Device," then "Replace Alta HR." The tracker has been reinstalled and the sync has started to work again. The statistics from previous days wasn't lost. 

But... back to "Tracker not found" after relaunching the app. Weird and sad.

Best Answer
thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

don't know if anyone still having trouble but what i did was go to my bluetoth settings and clicked to unpair my fitbit then I re paired it to the bluetooth and it syncs nicely now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I try all the method mentioned by pairing unpairing , remove, restarted all doesn't Syn. What had  happened ???

Best Answer

Reinstall the application

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is useless, same thing every time, "Tracker not found", reset, reboot. Why don't this thing just work?

Eventhough, bluetooth classic connected, - tracker not found. 

Best Answer

Best Answer

The Fitbit not syncing problem has been around since 2016. It's 2018 now and you would think that in the past few YEARS, they would have figured out why this is happening and found a solution. While I could reset, reboot, walk backwards, stand on my head etc and get it to sync for a few days, it seems silly that I should even have to. Recently FitBit has been losing market share and I think it's about time for me to find another fitness tracker that actually works. So, if someone has an actual permanent fix for this or at least a reason why it keeps happening, I would NOT consider the problem "solved."

--frustrated--

Best Answer

Cant find tracker on my android phone and i cannot sync on my PC. I am so tired of this problem.

Turn this off, reboot that, change this setting, have to have this on and that turned off etc etc

I will be changing to another manufacture, you´ve had plenty of time to sort these problems out once and for all

Best Answer

YAY!!  Tried everything just found this and it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found What ??

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, I tried syncing my zip and it wasn't working, so I removed the battery, when I replaced it I lost my steps, I went from roughly 3200 to 115 to my last sync this morning and the time is now showing on my zip as the time of my last sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, after weeks of my fitbit not being found and syncing (only with iPad) my phone now syncs.

Best Answer
0 Votes