Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not found error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Looks like the solution was temporary. Today, I'm getting the "tracker not found" message again on my Galaxy S4. Everything was fine until the 2.17 app update. Fortunately, syncing from my laptop works OK.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

This worked well for me

Best Answer

@JanRauter Welcome to the Fitbit family! I'm very glad to hear that the workaround helped you out. Hopefully, it will also help other users who might be experiencing the same problem!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Same. Started showing  huge sleep pattern on dashboard but correct whenyouho into detail s. Fitbit help keep saying I have reached my target even tho it says 16 hours or 20 hours on dashboard,  then stopped syncing. Tried another device and tracker still not found. Will returnmibe as well if they cannot fix it and buy another make

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you reset the tracker?

Best Answer

@Soozienz Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Are you still experiencing this issue? 

I recommend trying these syncing troubleshooting steps for Android devices. That should certainly help you out!

@Janelle123 It's great to see you in the Fitbit family! To restart your Charge 2, check this post! That's how you restart it!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have a fit bit surge.

I had an iPhone which worked seamlessly with the fit bit.

When i changed to a samsung A7 my problems began.

Tracker not found.

Turned fit bit off and on.

Phone off and on.

Turned Bluetooth off and on, uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Tried everything i found suggested on  the forums.

As I still use my iPhone for music at home, what I have discovered is if I turn my iPhone off, my samsung syncs perfectly with my surge.

Turn iPhone on and my samsung says tracker not found.

Solved my problem.

Hope this helps someone else.

Might be the fitbit is still linked to another phone, iPad or laptop.

Best Answer

@Nickonaldo Welcome to the Fitbit family! That is awesome! Thanks for sharing that solution. 

It is true, sometimes a Fitbit tracker may fail when syncing if another Bluetooth device is nearby. That is because the Bluetooth signal from the tracker may get confused as it tries to pair with a device, but there is another signal interfering. It is recommended to turn Bluetooth off to prevent this, or to keep other devices far away or tuned off.

Thanks again for sharing this, I'm sure it will help other users as well!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks so much, I have a Galaxy S5 and.was having the same issue. I followed these steps and. It's working now! 

Best Answer

@Smithnan Thanks for joining the Fitbit family! I'm very glad to hear that the steps provided worked for you and that you are back on track and enjoying your Fitbit tracker! Hopefully, it will work for other users as well! Smiley Very Happy

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same problem 

have tried all of those steps and nothing is helping.

whats next step!!!

@Wizegeezer wrote:

I have a Galaxy S4 and after the latest app update to v. 2.17 I couldn't sync to my Surge nor my Charge.  I kept getting the "tracker not found" message.   I could still sync to my laptop and my Nexus 7 tablet with no problems.  

I contacted support and here's the steps he walked me through which got things working again:

1. Completely power off your phone and leave it off.  Don't just restart your phone.

2. Reset your tracker.  

3. Power your phone back up.

4. Bring the Fitbit app back up and try syncing.

That sequence worked for me.   I tried resetting my trackers a bunch of times, but always with the phone powered on with no luck.  Not sure if this will work for you, but it's worth a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my Galaxy S6 rarely syncs with my Blaze, is this an Android/Fitbit problem, or a Samsung/Fitbit problem?

It either does not sync, or I get the message tracker not found.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any other suggestions.  My Blaze still will not sync. I continue to receive the messages, "Tracker not found".

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's very annoying. I find I have to umpair it from my phone and then pair them again. Unfortunately this takes several tries.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine got dropped in the lake so sorry mine is really not found!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine got dropped in the lake so sorry mine is really not found!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you reset your Charge 2? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had similar problems over the past year - at one point my fitbit surge refused to sync for a whole month before suddenly starting to work again.  Since then I am lucky if it works for 1 day in 3.  I have tried all the recommended fixes including deleting the app from my phone & downloading it again.  It hasn't synced since 2:00am on Saturday 2 December.  Annoyingly I have just received yet another wholly inaccurate and pointless weekly progress report.

Apart from the failure to sync, the heart rate monitor is hopelesly inaccurate (I even get "flat line" readings when running hard!) and tracking runs, and bike rides is becoming pointless as it can take up to 20 minutes before it can locate the gps satellite and even when it does locate the satellite it fails to record the distance travelled accurately.  

To make matters worse the strap basically disintergrated yesterday.

After struggling with the systemic inadequacies for 12 months I have given up and ordered a Garmin, which is my recommended solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whilst these solutions are indeed helpful and I do, if eventually, get the sync to happen again, it does not seem to be a consistent fix.

The following day, I could have the same issue again and have to go through the whole thing again.

I also use my headphones on Bluetooth and my Car Hands free and not sure if this knocks it out.  I have tried switching to BT Classic as well (not sure what the difference between BT and BT Classic is though).

I guess I would like to know if there is a once and for all root cause on this. 

Is it the code for the BT connection in the app, or is it perhaps my Android phone (Vodafone Ultra 6)?

With every new update which comes out I am always fingers crossed that this annoying glitch will be fixed.  Anyone know anything or have the same issues?

• Item: Blaze
  • Phone: Vodafone Ultra 6
  • Android: 6.0.1

Cheers for any insight or feedback

Skip

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get an answer to this? I currently have to reboot my Fitbit Blaze (17.8.402.1) and my Sony Xperia XA1 (G3121, Android 7.0) every time I want to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I had to call the Fitbit Technical Support line to have it resolved. Let me just say, they have an excellent warranty policy.
Best Answer