Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive password reset email

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Eleven days ago, I found myself logged out of my fitbit app on my android.  Tried to log in but says wrong user name or password.  Tried requesting new password but never got email.  Tried contacting support but no help.  Problem was escalated to higher level and said possibly spam setting and requested authorization to remove spam setting (which I never did in the first place).  It takes several days to get a return email if at all.  I requested a phone call but have not received one.  I am getting very frustrated.  I can access on Chrome but can't sync my HR 2.  HELP!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @felix01, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear you re experiencing issues to recover your password. I have reach our Support team and your case still is in process under review by a higher level as you mentioned. Rest assure you will received soon a response.

Since this is a matter related to the privacy of your Fitbit account, any moderator is not able to handle these cases through the Community boards.

In case you have more questions keep me posted. I'll be around giving follow up with to see you you recover the access to your account.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Hello @felix01, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear you re experiencing issues to recover your password. I have reach our Support team and your case still is in process under review by a higher level as you mentioned. Rest assure you will received soon a response.

Since this is a matter related to the privacy of your Fitbit account, any moderator is not able to handle these cases through the Community boards.

In case you have more questions keep me posted. I'll be around giving follow up with to see you you recover the access to your account.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi

Does the issue occur when using mobile internet or wifi?

Make sure the latest fitbit app version is installed.

Feel free to clear the fitbit app cache on the phone:

Android 201: How (and when) to clear app cache or data in Android ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. They finally reset my account and I am able to login. Thanks.
Best Answer

Fab Heart

Feel free to explore the lifestyle discussions forums to find friends, share recipes (When desired), and much more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @felix01, thank for sharing with us you are able to login again in to your Fitbit account and you are back on track.

Stay tuned to the Fitbit Community and hope to see you again.

Best Answer

My wife is having the same issue.  We have tried multiple times to retrieve her password. The web site says the password is being emailed to her, but it never shows up.  It is very frustrating, because she has been unable to check her stats or even to see if her fitbit has synched with her Android phone.

Best Answer
Call customer service and ask them to send you a new password.  Also, ask them to send you a system email while on the phone to see if you are receiving their emails.
Best Answer

I spoke with CS at some length today.  And, even though my wife has been accessing and using her Charge 2 for several months, checking her stats several times per day via her phone, suddenly the Fitbit rep says there is no account associated with her email address.  She has only two email addresses, and according to the CS rep, her tracker was not associated with either address, and she did not have a Fitbit account with her email address.

So, even if they COULD send an email to her address, it would not mean much, since they say she doesn't have an account.  Supposedly, I was to be contacted today by a higher tier CS person, but that never happened.  I have to admit, I'm very frustrated, and so is she.  

Ironically, my tracker is working just fine and is associated with my email address--and we got them both at the same time.

Best Answer

Hi @felix01 I appreciate your assistance and thank you for providing me more details @Beirdd.

I'm wondering how it goes, since I was absent for a few days? I reached our support team and your case still is under review. However my friend @MarreFitbit is giving follow up to your concern on the Charge 2 board. So make sure to keep her updated so we can provide you more help.

Catch ya later and see you until the next one.

Best Answer
I no longer have any issues logging in. Thanks for your help.
Best Answer

Hi there @felix01, thank you so much for keep me posted. I'm glad to hear you were able to log in to your Fitbit account.

Hope to see you again and stay awesome.

Best Answer

Things seem to be OK.  Thanks much for your concern and assistance.

Tony

Best Answer

Hello @Beirdd, thank you for keep me posted everything is okay now. I appreciate all your patience. 

For anything else, stay tuned to the Fitbit Community!

Best Answer

I have the same issue after getting my new phone, a Samsung galaxy s7. Can't login to the app, don't receive reset password email. First tried several days ago.

The app still works on my old s5 phone, by the way... but haven't dared trying to log out and in again. 

I have now bought a fitbit Alta hr to replace my charge hr - and would like to start using that with my new phone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solved it by remembering my old password. Hope I can just ignore reset password email if I finally get one? 

Regards, irijen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Irijen, I'm happy to hear you recalled your old password. Rest assure you can ignore the reset password email to continue using the same old one.

See you until the next time and stay awesome.

Best Answer

hi., i have the same problem., i cant log in my account on android app.,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem can't log into Android App Password reset email never comes...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem. I baught a new fit bit today after my last one died, redownloaded the app, now I can not log in, I am able to do so on my laptop but not my phone.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Best Answer