Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to scan barcode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am unable to scan barcodes with my Android App. It is always saying "Looking for Barcode" and "Still Looking"

Using Nexus 5x, Android 6.0.1

Fitbit App version 2.22

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

Hi @Rich_Laue , I have voted for that suggestion in the past but feel people may be deterred from doing so as it is marked as not currently being considered.  Also the comments have been locked and can't be added to. 

Doesn't make you feel like they want to listen. 

Best Answer
I couldn't agree more. It's like, if your not American; why should we care!It seems that their only interest outside the US is money.Very poor other country customer service.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

hi I brought a fitbit hr but when I go to scan food it wont let me if theres any help out there to tell me how it works thanks 

Best Answer

hello I brought a fitbit hr but when I go to scan food it wont let me if theres any help out there to tell me how it works thanks 

Best Answer

If you are not in the USA it won't work. 

Best Answer

I brought a fitbit hr but when I go to scan food it wont let me if theres any help out there to tell me how it works thanks 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner which type of phone are you on? 

More info is needed? 

Are you in the USA? 

Do you see an option to Scan? 

Does the screen to scan not come up? 

Does the app accept or understand the scan? 

Best Answer
many eu scans are unknown

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer

@khunPho please see the solution to this thread. There is a note about which countries the scanner works in. 

Also lets go to the Food FAQ where it explains how to add barcodes and which countries this feature works in. 

What should I know about food scanning in the Fitbit app?

Best Answer

So when can we use this in the UK as this has NEVER worked?

Best Answer

I find that it is all bases around the USA but if you are selling worldwide then it should work worldwide!

Best Answer

My thought is this thread was never about scanning foreign barcodes. Even if it was, this is beyond the help a typical Fitbit user will be able to provide. 

Have you added your votes to the feature suggestion? 

Barcode Scanning for International Food Databases

It is in the feature suggestion board where users may add their thoughts for future additions. 

The android help board is where Fitbit users help each other out with their android Fitbit issues. Sorry but Fitbit users are not able to add new options to your Fitbit account for you. 

Best Answer
Spoiler
Spoiler

@Rich_Laue if you go to the start of this thread you will see that it is about scanning "foreign" bar codes. Because fitbit continues to show this capability as part of the app people will continue to come to this forum asking why it doesn't work. New users keep asking all the time. Unfortunately they continue to get the same answer. 

Best Answer

Please post a link to this post @Lilbiddy 

I see 3 pages and the original poster only mentions that the app is not scanning any barcodes. 

Best Answer

Original poster's second post and subsequent reply show the problem to be being non US. 

Best Answer
UK is ok EU is not this is for some time surge wasn't compatible with EU
either
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have checked some barcode scanner apps which might be helpful for you. https://wethegeek.com/best-barcode-scanner-apps-for-iphone/

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SWATIGUPTA404  Thanks for the info but this is a forum for Android users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to chime in a bit on this.  Yes, this is a forum for Android users, but I can unequivocally say that iPhone users can flat out learn from the experiences on here.  I've had the EXACT same issues as my Android brothers and the EXACT same solution (scan 90 degrees to the barcode) fixed my problem TOTALLY.  

What I think herein is much more of a FITBIT problem, not an Android nor IOS problem.  This thread goes back to 2016 and the 'bar-code-won't-scan' issues are still with the App (Android or IOS).  

Just saying I appreciate finding the solutions; it's been driving me nuts for well over a year. 

Best Answer